What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO C Drake Nugent (Signed to Stanford)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

4483223_1c72c94b570244fa9d78de239f8c1f7b.jpg

Highlands Ranch HS (Highlands Ranch, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/drakenugent9

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 270
40: 5.35 (4.56 shuttle - verified)

247s rating: 3* - 82 grade; #12 C
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.5rr; unranked C

247sports Composite: 2* / 0.7932 / #28 C / #2353 overall

Reported Offers: Air Force, Arizona, Arizona State, CSU, Louisville, Memphis, New Mexico, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Stanford, Texas State, UNLV, Utah, Wyoming, FCS

Last edited:
Chev, Adams and Hall recruiting with all of the CU Dungeon Family guys following.

No offer from CU yet, but I think it's coming and that our Buffs have a great shot here.

Good athlete who actually made the Denver Post's All Colorado Team as a DL in 2017.
  • In addition to his prowess on the offensive line, Nugent was a force on the defensive line while posting 71 tackles and three sacks — and looking the part of a future Division I player in the details on film as well.
In a recent update with Howell for the Camera's Buffzone section, teammate, fellow Dungeon Family member and CU commit Austin Johnson made it clear that they are close and he is pushing hard for him:

Johnson is hoping his good friend and teammate, Drake Nugent, will join him at CU. Nugent, a 6-foot-2 center, got an offer from Oklahoma State this week and also has offers from Arizona State, Colorado State and others. He doesn't have an offer from the Buffs, however.

"I'm trying to push (CU) to offer him," Johnson said.

The chemistry and friendship between the two was evident during their workout at SixZero on Thursday.

"We really wanted to play together," Johnson said. "Hopefully CU comes around and offers him. We'll see in the future."

Johnson said he would "consider" going to another school if he can play with Nugent, but added, "I believe in loyalty, and I wouldn't just commit (to CU) just to change."

fwiw, I think the only reason that Nugent hasn't been offered by CU yet is that we're slated to have a RS-Frosh (Pursell) start at C this year and we signed a C in the 2018 class (Jynes). And, my theory goes, that's causing some questioning of whether they want to use another scholarship on a C in 2019.

fwiw, I think the only reason that Nugent hasn't been offered by CU yet is that we're slated to have a RS-Frosh (Pursell) start at C this year and we signed a C in the 2018 class (Jynes). And, my theory goes, that's causing some questioning of whether they want to use another scholarship on a C in 2019.
No chance we couldn't move him or the other two to another position? Are all 3 really the epitome of all Center-ness?--I'd bet one would make a great guard.

I would love to see an excess of OL.

No chance we couldn't move him or the other two to another position? Are all 3 really the epitome of all Center-ness?--I'd bet one would make a great guard.

Bring him in at center. As you mention one could swing to guard. Also it mentioned him as all-state on the D-line. If numbers dictate he might make a good run stuffer on D.

Given the choice I'd rather have an extra center on schoolyard than multiple kickers like we have been in some recent years.

I don’t see the issue with having three true centers on scholarship. Center is a very important position. If you’re recruiting well, your OLinemen won’t play a lot until they’re RS sophomores at the earliest. So why not have three?

PartofCU’s problem over past d Cade has been a dearth ofathletic big boys. However, there might’ve a back story on this kid. If he was offer worthy I’m sure they would have given him one.

I don’t see the issue with having three true centers on scholarship. Center is a very important position. If you’re recruiting well, your OLinemen won’t play a lot until they’re RS sophomores at the earliest. So why not have three?

I actually think the opposite is true. When you are recruiting well, some younger players are always starting on the OL.

I actually think the opposite is true. When you are recruiting well, some younger players are always starting on the OL.

Certainly true when you are recruiting on the top levels. Over the last few years there have been more than a few sophs starting in the college playoff games and even a few frosh.

I don't have a problem recruiting a 3rd quality center though if he is good enough. There are other places you can find a scholly need be.

As I thought, it's just unlikely for CU to offer after signing a C the last 2 years and Drake said it would be tough for him to choose CU knowing that they've got their guy at his position for the next 4 years.

As I thought, it's just unlikely for CU to offer after signing a C the last 2 years and Drake said it would be tough for him to choose CU knowing that they've got their guy at his position for the next 4 years.

True but things can change very quickly.

Utah knows good OL. They have placed a bunch over the past few years. I’d consider the offer validation of our coaches we’re on the fence.

We’ll see if Stanford offers, but yes, I’ve been pretty vocal about this. I don’t really care that we have Jynes, keeping good Colorado talent home is a must, especially on the OL, where C/G is interchangeable.

When was the last time you heard somebody say a college team wasn't any good because they had to many quality offensive linemen. Not that we are even close to that situation but if Utah and Stanford both think he is worth a scholly offer along with multiple other P5 schools then you would think we could find room for him.

You have to think that the staff have talked to all the top in state kids. I wonder if this kid said straight up that he wouldn’t come?

Back