What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 FL CB Kaiir Elam (Signed to Florida)

They just announced it on ESecPN2 as coming up...cut to commercial.
"Considering Florida, Georgia, Miami & Colorado"
Jagoffs.

3lBaDJ2.gif

It's already been said but... it's kind of impressive that we were even in the conversation.

We're all sick of "moral victories" but still... with an inherited class, and a 4 star kid from Florida, it's pretty good that we even got as close as we did. Tucker is going to bring us some studs in the next few years.

Figured it was probably a long shot, maybe we'll win some of these battles in time. Good luck Kaiir.

**** moral victories, this sucks. Also **** Florida and their Mr. Rogers wannabe head coach. Good luck as a Gator, Elam.

**** moral victories, this sucks. Also **** Florida and their Mr. Rogers wannabe head coach. Good luck as a Gator, Elam.
I get it, losing highly touted and coveted players sucks, but we've been competing with WAC and Mountain West Schools for recruits in the very recent past. The fact that we're in the conversation already, given how late HCMT and staff entered this recruiting cycle, is no small feat. I choose to be optimistic about this staff, the program and its future. It's a lot more fun than being pessimistic.

I get it, losing highly touted and coveted players sucks, but we've been competing with WAC and Mountain West Schools for recruits in the very recent past. The fact that we're in the conversation already, given how late HCMT and staff entered this recruiting cycle, is no small feat. I choose to be optimistic about this staff, the program and its future. It's a lot more fun than being pessimistic.

I’m not being pessimistic, I’m being realistic, it does suck. I have a very high opinion of the stuff and MT and do take away that I think they did a phenomenal job late in the game to land this class. But, I told @Duff Man that I was no longer going to celebrate moral victories, this is a moral victory. If we want to win and we want to be competitive on a high level we have to start winning these battles. I love our staff and have faith they’ll accomplish this next year.

I’m not being pessimistic, I’m being realistic, it does suck. I have a very high opinion of the stuff and MT and do take away that I think they did a phenomenal job late in the game to land this class. But, I told @Duff Man that I was no longer going to celebrate moral victories, this is a moral victory. If we want to win and we want to be competitive on a high level we have to start winning these battles. I love our staff and have faith they’ll accomplish this next year.
New plan for actual victory, let's send some undercover representatives down there to poison the water hole, so to speak. When it works, and Elam sours on FL and the experience there, we will be in position to get him away from all that nonsense. If we play it right he could be here in the summer!!

I agree. Soon we will have to start winning some of these battles. But, not celebrating moral victories is one thing...it's another thing to complain about losing a recruiting battle to the big boys of college football when our staff has only been in place for 8 weeks. This is just my opinion.

I agree. Soon we will have to start winning some of these battles. But, not celebrating moral victories is one thing...it's another thing to complain about losing a recruiting battle to the big boys of college football when our staff has only been in place for 8 weeks. This is just my opinion.

That’s fine. I wasn’t complaining though, just saying it sucks! :)

Back