What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 JC OG Vaatofu Sauvao (SIGNED to COLORADO)

You're right. I will be making the switch to Hayden Panettiere champagne explosion gif for all Mel Tucker recruiting wins.
eb5Je.gif
My work is done here (y)

I don’t actually know what this means.
I had to ask what it meant as well. The definition comes up enough that I think I need to add it to Urban Dictionary. It’s basically said on these forums when someone tries to finish a joke that didn’t need finishing. All in good jest of course.

I was teasing you about your statement because I think the point of the gif is that it’s a turn on.

I had to ask what it meant as well. The definition comes up enough that I think I need to add it to Urban Dictionary. It’s basically said on these forums when someone tries to finish a joke that didn’t need finishing. All in good jest of course.

I was teasing you about your statement because I think the point of the gif is that it’s a turn on.

Lol gotcha. I love me some Hayden panettiere, what can I say.

Same junior college as Mustafa Johnson. He had to redshirt as a junior to focus on academics in order to get himself qualified. CU was the one program that stuck with him, which is why we're landing him now. Here's an article from last year when Fresno State was all over him:

“He has great size and combined with his physical nature, he is powerful in the run game and does not get pushed around in pass protection,” Stivers said. “It was fun watching Mustafa (Noel-Johnson) and Vaa battle in practice, 1-on-1s."

Stivers said the coaching staff had to keep Sauvao’s strength and intensity in check during workouts and practices.

“He arrived with great size and came to us overweight, but extremely physical,” Stivers said. “When he started practicing with us, we had defensive coaches asking for him to calm down because they were afraid he was going to hurt somebody.

“When he gets to a program with nutritional and strength programs, he is going to elevate his game.”

Read more here: https://www.modbee.com/sports/college/article209116064.html#storylink=cpy
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Isn't this CU's first commit under Tucker? Very noteworthy since he's Samoan and that is where CU needs to focus on for interior linemen. Couldn't have asked for a better start in recruiting.

Isn't this CU's first commit under Tucker? Very noteworthy since he's Samoan and that is where CU needs to focus on for interior linemen. Couldn't have asked for a better start in recruiting.
It is the first recruit under Tucker but he was recruited and visited while the previous staff was here.

If we can find more offensive linemen that can road grade opponents (even if we have them on the roster right now), that would be great!

It's an unusual case. He was going to sign last year, but didn't have the grades to qualify. That caused P5 schools not to recruit last year and then everyone forgot about him. CU stuck with him. I kind of consider him a Katie Bason recruit.
I like the risk, but a lot of programs may have been more interested if he qualified last year because he had a RS year available. Remember, this kid came from American Samoa and thus didn't get the level of coaching that a kid at Mater Dei would get. One of the articles said as much, that he was very raw when he arrived. He may have received some good coaching at Modesto, but I'd still expect him to be a bit of a project, with only 2 years to get it done, would diminish the interest from a lot of programs.

I like the risk, but a lot of programs may have been more interested if he qualified last year because he had a RS year available. Remember, this kid came from American Samoa and thus didn't get the level of coaching that a kid at Mater Dei would get. One of the articles said as much, that he was very raw when he arrived. He may have received some good coaching at Modesto, but I'd still expect him to be a bit of a project, with only 2 years to get it done, would diminish the interest from a lot of programs.
Based off of his film he is still very raw in pass/run blocking technique. Although, once he gets his hands on someone, they are screwed.

I believe he is signed.
Even midyear JC transfers are not eligible to sign until Wednesday according to this. The only difference being JC transfers are able to sign up until Jan 15th instead of just the 2 day window for High school kids.

Back