What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 JC SDE Malcolm Lee (Signed to Kansas)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8050401.jpg

Iowa Western CC (Council Bluffs, IA) / Bellevue West HS (Bellevue, NE)

3 years to play 2

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MalcoImLee

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 265
40: 4.8

247s rating: 3* - 87 grade; #5 WDE (#32 overall JC)
ESPN rating:
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.7rr; #18 SDE

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8739 / #4 WDE / #25 overall JC

Reported Offers: COLORADO, FAU, Houston, Iowa, Iowa State, Louisville, Ohio, Rutgers, Southern Miss, UCF

Eliot recruiting for CU. Not a lot of back and forth with him and the Buffs on twitter, but it's usually quiet on social media when it comes to Eliot recruits so I don't have much of a read on this. 247s and Rivals don't even list the CU offer.

His dad played DL for the Huskers back in the day. Recent article in the Omaha World-Herald talked about that and what it means for his recruitment. (It's dad pictured next to him in the above tweet - dad's 6'1".)
https://www.omaha.com/sports/midlan...cle_63303af2-4718-5a8b-bfe0-509ae862a17a.html
Lee is pretty sure he’s off Nebraska’s radar. He hasn’t communicated with the staff “in a couple months.” And he’s at peace with it.

“It would be nice to be able to play in front of my home state,” he said. “I’m really proud of where I’m from. I love Nebraska. I love Omaha.

“But you kind of have to grow up at some point, and if that’s not an option and if that’s not in my personal best interest, that’s not something I can do.”

His father has encouraged him to follow his heart.

“I told him, ‘Son, you’re bigger than I am. You’re stronger than I was. You’re better looking than I was. You’re smarter than I was. Go blaze your own trail.
Don’t follow mine. Blaze your own trail.’

“One thing about Malcolm is that when he’s put in position to make a choice, he always makes the right choice.”

His dad played DL for the Huskers back in the day. Recent article in the Omaha World-Herald talked about that and what it means for his recruitment. (It's dad pictured next to him in the above tweet - dad's 6'1".)
https://www.omaha.com/sports/midlan...cle_63303af2-4718-5a8b-bfe0-509ae862a17a.html
Lee is pretty sure he’s off Nebraska’s radar. He hasn’t communicated with the staff “in a couple months.” And he’s at peace with it.

“It would be nice to be able to play in front of my home state,” he said. “I’m really proud of where I’m from. I love Nebraska. I love Omaha.

“But you kind of have to grow up at some point, and if that’s not an option and if that’s not in my personal best interest, that’s not something I can do.”

His father has encouraged him to follow his heart.

“I told him, ‘Son, you’re bigger than I am. You’re stronger than I was. You’re better looking than I was. You’re smarter than I was. Go blaze your own trail.
Don’t follow mine. Blaze your own trail.’

“One thing about Malcolm is that when he’s put in position to make a choice, he always makes the right choice.”
The better looking and smarter part has to make him a Colorado lean, right?

Back