What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 JC TE Luke Stillwell (SIGNED to COLORADO)

What nobody is saying, at least I haven’t seen it, is if the recent attrition means the blue shirt is gone, and now he’s coming in as a three to play two guy. That’s the impression I’m getting, but I haven’t seen it put so plainly.
That hasn't been said, but he's still a 4 to play 3 guy, no matter what.

Thanks. I thought he was a JUCO graduate.

Lots of moving parts, for sure.
As I understand it, Stillwell played QB in high school (dual threat, good runner). Was a full qualifier out of high school, so no need to graduate from Juco like non-qualifiers. He is eligible to transfer to a 4-year school at any time. He attended the Juco for 1 year, converting to TE during that first season. He has 4 left to play 3. I made that assumption early on, which is why he had particular value: Both new to the position and very athletic, as well as slotting right into a TE depth chart that had nobody there in that class.

The "cannot play this fall part" was inserted by someone, and I had never heard such a thing. But either way, I'd expect him to use this fall as his redshirt given we have the Auburn transfer and Poplawski and Russell, but hey, everyone should come in to compete!

What nobody is saying, at least I haven’t seen it, is if the recent attrition means the blue shirt is gone, and now he’s coming in as a three to play two guy. That’s the impression I’m getting, but I haven’t seen it put so plainly.

He's a blue shirt. Arrive at the start off fall camp. Either can or cannot play in 2019, I've seen differing answers. What makes him a blue shirt is that he was not recruited per the NCAA rules/definitions and therefore his scholarship will be included in the 25 allotted to 2020.

He's a blue shirt. Arrive at the start off fall camp. Either can or cannot play in 2019, I've seen differing answers. What makes him a blue shirt is that he was not recruited per the NCAA rules/definitions and therefore his scholarship will be included in the 25 allotted to 2020.
Not sure if you are saying this but what makes him a blueshirt is Colorado not having any 2019 scholarships and thus must declare him as a 2020 guy. They could do that since he was "not recruited". TCU or Texas Tech may have planned to just add him as a late 2019 signee.

It doesn't matter to anyone other than how the NCAA classifies his scholarship against the 25 per class limit.

I probably shouldn't say this, because it is way too early....but just looking at his athleticism on film, an the apparent attitude that he has towards the game, plus the fact that he is transitioning from a different position via JC.....Stillwell reminds me a bit of Jeremy Shockey, and I am really excited to see what happens with him as he grows into the position here.

I probably shouldn't say this, because it is way too early....but just looking at his athleticism on film, an the apparent attitude that he has towards the game, plus the fact that he is transitioning from a different position via JC.....Stillwell reminds me a bit of Jeremy Shockey, and I am really excited to see what happens with him as he grows into the position here.

Interesting comp. I knew Shockey was a JC transfer but didn’t realize he switched positions to TE.

Interesting comp. I knew Shockey was a JC transfer but didn’t realize he switched positions to TE.
He moved from WR to TE in JC (needed to gain weight, learn how to block at the LOS etc...). A little different here with Stillwell, but having a former QB at TE with his athleticism really intrigues me.

If you're right on the comparable, that wouldn't suck at all.

iirc, KU also had a converted QB who became a hugely productive TE during that mini run they had under Mangino. It doesn't seem unusual that this position switch works well.

We have no idea if Pupunu can develop players. This guy needs a great coach to teach him the position.

At 230 He’ll be great at the Y or H Judging from his work ethic. He might add another 20. Looking forward to seeing him play. Upside surprise

Definitely an H, not a Y, but that's what we figured.

Looks ripped, just no ever going to carry the mass to be like an extra OL on the field. And that's ok. Need both, for sure.

We need to find that Irwin type Y, though, or maybe experiment with a package that has a guy like Ray line up with an eligible number but be a 6th OL.

Back