What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 NM OT Taylor Miterko (Signed to Oklahoma State)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

a-14.png

Carlsbad HS (Carlsbad, NM)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MiterkoTm

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 270
40:

247s rating: 3* - 85 grade; #85 OT
ESPN rating: 3* - 78 grade; #51 OT
Rivals rating: 3* - 5.6rr; #57 OT

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8601 / #73 OT / #780 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, Arizona State, Army, Baylor, Boise State, California, Colorado State, Nebraska, New Mexico, Northwestern, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Rice, TCU, Texas State, Texas Tech, UTEP, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Washington, Washington State

Last edited by a moderator:
Good technique, real solid balance on his feet no matter which direction a defender comes at him. Really want this dude on one of our edges.

He has absolutely blown up during the SEP. One of the more highly recruited OTs in the West now. Would love to see us stay in the mix here.

Really important recruit.
Yep. Good example of the services not doing a good job of evaluating a guy who isn't in their normal coverage geography, too. Ridiculous that a guy with his offer list is a mid-range 3* on 247 and Rivals while ESPN doesn't even have him in its database. This is a borderline 4*/3* prospect and I lean toward 4* caliber.

Yep. Good example of the services not doing a good job of evaluating a guy who isn't in their normal coverage geography, too. Ridiculous that a guy with his offer list is a mid-range 3* on 247 and Rivals while ESPN doesn't even have him in its database. This is a borderline 4*/3* prospect and I lean toward 4* caliber.

Given where he's from, that offer list is ridiculous. He's solid 4* in my book.

Could also see him pulling more offers from a few heavyweights.

At least it makes some sense though. The Rivals California rankings are more egregious to me because very few of those guys are off the radar.

This is why I want to know what the metric is.

This is why I want to know what the metric is.

It is not some big elaborate metric. Size and speed are still important and players in high population areas get noticed more in large part because the competition is better.

It is not some big elaborate metric. Size and speed are still important and players in high population areas get noticed more in large part because the competition is better.

All this is correct.

Also unless schools find out that there is a guy out there who is really a standout they will focus their attention higher population areas.

A state like New Mexico produces fewer P5 level athletes every year than some individual high schools do in Texas or California or Florida. For an assistant coach to visit a prospect in New Mexico he is using a couple of days for one prospect, those same two days in one of the high talent areas that same assistant can visit a bunch of schools with prospects, and that will also have future prospects.

Only when a kids talent jumps out do the bigger programs decide that he is worth the effort. With a guy like this when a couple of big schools come in then the others start paying attention. I think that is what is happening with him now.

We have a couple of significant advantages. One is that we were in on him early, we aren't one of the latecomers, hopefully he has established a relationship with our staff that keeps us in his mind.

Second is that we have a much nicer climate and more attractive campus than the Texas schools and are closer to home than the others, close enough for his family to come up by car for weekends.

Carlsbad is pretty close to Lubbock <3hrs, so TTU would be a close school.

UNM would be the state school. Still 4.33 hrs away.

9 hours drive to Boulder.
7 to Dallas or Tucson.
7.5 to Austin. Slightly shorter to Waco
8.5 to Tempe.
9 to Stillwater.

Carlsbad is pretty close to Lubbock <3hrs, so TTU would be a close school.

UNM would be the state school. Still 4.33 hrs away.

9 hours drive to Boulder.
7 to Dallas or Tucson.
7.5 to Austin. Slightly shorter to Waco
8.5 to Tempe.
9 to Stillwater.

I mentioned other than the Texas schools for closeness but compare 4-5 years in Lubbock vs. Boulder, same could be said for most of the places on your list.

I mentioned other than the Texas schools for closeness but compare 4-5 years in Lubbock vs. Boulder, same could be said for most of the places on your list.
If having the family go watch easily, Lubbock or UNM are his best two choices. Easy drives.
If getting out of the SE NM / West Texas area is high on his list (likely), then I would think we got a good story.

I have a good friend (couple actually) from Artesia (up the road). They couldn't wait to get out of there after he finished at UNM. In fact, she moved to Dallas right after High School to get away. Not much down that way. In fact the farmers mostly sold off their water rights to the state so that NM could meet their water allocation commitments to Texas downstream, which hasn't helped things.

Back