What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

‘19 TX RB D.J. Oats (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I have no doubt he is fast. But 4.25 fast? I don’t believe I have ever seen a forty that fast.

My crack research team tells me the fastest 40 at the Combine is 4.22 and the World Record is 4.12. Bo Jackson claimed to have run. 4.13.

I don’t want to sound like the 5’11” 190 guy on here that’ll beat your ass or whatever. But, I ran a 4.25 in high school. Now, that was unofficial and based off a coach stop watch and could have been wildly skewed. But I’m sure it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Not a big deal to worry about a difference between a legit 4.34 and a legit 4.41. If it translates to the field both are plenty fast.

The consideration comes looking at a 4.45 guy versus a 4.52. In that case the .07 means that there are defenders out there that he won't outrun.

We need HCMT to evaluate this kid and if his speed is legit as well as his skills bring him in. Time for some P5 speed and athletic ability.

I don’t want to sound like the 5’11” 190 guy on here that’ll beat your ass or whatever. But, I ran a 4.25 in high school. Now, that was unofficial and based off a coach stop watch and could have been wildly skewed. But I’m sure it’s not out of the realm of possibility.
I ran a 14 flat hunerd. I’ve got bad ass slow twitch muscle fiber!

I’m not trying to disparage the young man. There is know doubt that he is fast. I think anything under 4.4 is really good.

Mods please rename to uncle rocko
AppropriateThirdKudu-small.gif

:confused:ugh, whatever. If he isn't being recruited for rb, what do yo you guys think it'll be? DB, slot receiver, maybe move him around, utility man like? Maybe, he can return kicks, need one on both return teams.

:confused:ugh, whatever. If he isn't being recruited for rb, what do yo you guys think it'll be? DB, slot receiver, maybe move him around, utility man like? Maybe, he can return kicks, need one on both return teams.
Probably this. Tucker probably watched film of punt returns and said “if muffed punts and taking returns inside the 10 is the best this team has got, we need someone else”

Also sends a message that we are still looking for a RB (we need to find some guys who can play this game at a high level and very very quickly). Maybe they are already here or already signed, maybe they are not. I like the strategy of adding another. I feel a couple young guys are going to make an impact and a couple others are going to read the writing on the wall quick enough.

I like this kid. He is Fast! Gets to running North very quickly! Cant teach that kind of speed, Would love to see him about 15-20lbs heavier with that speed!

There's a guy who played for the Broncos this year who was about the same size coming out of HS. Not this fast then, though.

Reactions: wip
He's being recruited as an athlete.......don't expect to see him at RB. With his speed and athleticism, WR or DB would translate better for him, given his build.

Also sends a message that we are still looking for a RB (we need to find some guys who can play this game at a high level and very very quickly). Maybe they are already here or already signed, maybe they are not. I like the strategy of adding another. I feel a couple young guys are going to make an impact and a couple others are going to read the writing on the wall quick enough.
CU isn't recruiting him as a RB.

He's being recruited as an athlete.......don't expect to see him at RB. With his speed and athleticism, WR or DB would translate better for him, given his build.

Wouldn't count him out at RB, especially considering that we don't have any RBs at the moment who have shown themselves to be standouts.

I hope and expect though that HCMT is going to be a lot more assertive with his scholarship players in terms of them filing the roles where they can contribute regardless of what their preferred position is.

If that means a guy plays DB instead of WR or LB instead of RB or switches from one side of the line to the other so be it. Do it for the good of the team.

People forget how many players Bill McCartney shifted around. He recruited great athletes then plugged them in as needed. People look at the recruiting classes for Bama or Clemson or Ohio State and wonder what they are going to do with a bunch of guys at certain positions. You can be certain that in two years half those guys will either be on the depth chart at a different position or gone.

Wouldn't count him out at RB, especially considering that we don't have any RBs at the moment who have shown themselves to be standouts.

I hope and expect though that HCMT is going to be a lot more assertive with his scholarship players in terms of them filing the roles where they can contribute regardless of what their preferred position is.

If that means a guy plays DB instead of WR or LB instead of RB or switches from one side of the line to the other so be it. Do it for the good of the team.

People forget how many players Bill McCartney shifted around. He recruited great athletes then plugged them in as needed. People look at the recruiting classes for Bama or Clemson or Ohio State and wonder what they are going to do with a bunch of guys at certain positions. You can be certain that in two years half those guys will either be on the depth chart at a different position or gone.

Pritchard was a stud at rb while bienemy was out. Not sure but I think he ran for 200 vs tennessee in 90 pigskin classic.

Last edited:
I didn't say a bunch but they shift some and they attrition others. They function like teams that place a higher value on winning.

I'm not going to go back and research them all for you but look at the first couple paragraphs of this article from a few years back but in Saban's time.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...tion-experiments-is-nick-saban-trying-in-2015
If you’re going to make the claims, it’s on you to research and cite specific examples, not anyone else. You literally said half the recruits at Bama, Clemson and Ohio State will be playing different positions.

Back