What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 TX WR LaVontae Shenault (SIGNED to COLORADO)

IIRC, Rodell Guest played a little TE. Might have gotten in on a couple plays in garbage time.
After he completed his bb eligibility, mac put him on scholarship at te for a year or two. He didnt play both sports simultaneously.
He was an outstanding athlete.

@ BuffsRising is correct that he didn't see the field while he still had BB eligibility. Don't remember all the details but at the time and it still may be the case if a guy was on scholarship for any sport and saw playing time in football his scholly was charged against the football limit. The rule was intended to prevent teams from putting guys on track scholarships or any other sport just to add to their football numbers.

I'd be shocked if that's ever an issue with this staff. Most staffs want to play the best players regardless of age.
I do think there is some serious talent at WR in 2019, that could make it tough, unless he’s immediately a Viska-type talent. Viska, KD, Arias, Brown and Stanley are most likely the top 5 guys and we know they will be utilizing the TE more. Going to be crowded

I do think there is some serious talent at WR in 2019, that could make it tough, unless he’s immediately a Viska-type talent. Viska, KD, Arias, Brown and Stanley are most likely the top 5 guys and we know they will be utilizing the TE more. Going to be crowded
Jaylon Jackson suffer another injury? I can't remember if he did or not.

Don't forget we have Dylan Thomas as well.

I know the staff has said safety on Trustin Oliver, but at 6'4" 205 with outstanding length, I'd really like to see him at WR. Am I alone on this?

I agree. I don't think he will get much playing time in 2019 I was just saying if he has the talent to play right away in front of some of those guys, this staff will play him.

I know the staff has said safety on Trustin Oliver, but at 6'4" 205 with outstanding length, I'd really like to see him at WR. Am I alone on this?
I'd like to see them give him a shot too, but for now I think the WR room is too crowded while the Safeties are concurrently under crowded and any depth back there is more important than giving a physical specimen a chance at a loaded position. Maybe in a couple years he gets that shot, I don't see it right now.

Back