What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2-10 Kentucky with Rivals #1 rated recruiting class, why can't we do better?

It's not just the record, we were dogsh*t last year. Arguably not only the worst BCS team in the country but will go down on record as one of the worst teams in BCS and Colorado history. New coaching staff promising better times ahead after we just got rid of a coaching staff promising the same thing the past few years.

I don't know why people look at our commits and kids we're going after so far and think the sky is falling.

Huh, Tom Osbourne seems to think that MacIntyre is the next superstar in coaching but what the hell does he know about coaching college football?

:lol:

So if Phil Jackson tells me the Spurs are going to win tomorrow does that mean it's going to happen? Osbourne was a great coach and it's nice to know he feels this way but he's not a physic and frankly his opinion doesn't really mean sh*t. Regardless, wouldn't it have been better to hire someone who already is a coaching superstar rather then someone who might (and might not) turn out to be one?

Well, it appears JRK knows more than Osbourne, who was also a AD up until the end of 2012. Forgive me for placing his opinion higher than yours, JRK.

:lol:

So if Phil Jackson tells me the Spurs are going to win tomorrow does that mean it's going to happen? Osbourne was a great coach and it's nice to know he feels this way but he's not a physic and frankly his opinion doesn't really mean sh*t. Regardless, wouldn't it have been better to hire someone who already is a coaching superstar rather then someone who might (and might not) turn out to be one?

How's that working out for Washington State and Arizona? Pulling a big name off the scrap heap doesn't always result in instant success. In fact, I can't think of too many cases in college football where a coach went somewhere new and resurrected his career after a major PR mess or NCAA problem. It's probably better to hire someone whose star is on the rise and doesn't have the character questions.

Regardless, you have to consider what school you cheer for. CU is not going to hire someone who has scandal attached to him. It's a moot topic. 2004 happened and it changed CU forever. You can't put that genie back in the bottle.

I'm not trying to use it as an excuse, but it's being used against us on the recruiting trail. Kentucky has had some recent success and they hired a big be recruiter to go along with the chance to play in the SEC, that explains a big portion of their recruiting success. It's also Kentucky so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot of cheating going on.

I expect this class to be in-line with the 2012 class by the way.

That seems pretty realistic then. That's about where I see it falling too. I just don't want to see the Buff fanbase fall into an endless cycle of lowered expectations based on previous results. There needs to continue to be a level of accountability.

Does anyone have easily available the list of the 1st 4 commits of JE's 1st class or last class? I don't believe they all had other BCS offers. So if everyone wants to see real improvement, and the early signs from this class suggest improvement already what is the freaking negativity about? I feel they are already pulling above their weight given our recent track record.

I am not drinking the Kool-Aid and saying we are going to a bowl game next year, or that HCMM is the next Bear Bryant (he could be who knows?) but let's let this recruiting cycle and at least one season play out before we throw in the towel on this guy. Hell even Embree got 2 years of disgusting, embarrassing on-field performances and recruiting before he got canned.

Embree's teams and players got worse not better. We can't speak for HCMM on this yet, but if his days at SJSU are any indication, he should be able to turn this thing around in the next few years. Anyone expecting a miracle bowl-season and a string of 4 and 5 star recruits at this juncture is delusional.

You will get agreement on recruiting, but give me a break on the stuff about MacIntyre being small-minded (hint: CU ain't his last stop)
I could see him staying at CU unless he gets hired by an SEC team. If he's successful here, I'm guessing he starts getting serious looks 3-4 years into his 5 year contract. The new AD needs to keep this in mind and have Coach Mac start grooming a successor sooner than later.

Grooming a successor is not a good strategy. It is the safe route, but usually not the best route.

Does anyone have easily available the list of the 1st 4 commits of JE's 1st class or last class? I don't believe they all had other BCS offers. So if everyone wants to see real improvement, and the early signs from this class suggest improvement already what is the freaking negativity about? I feel they are already pulling above their weight given our recent track record.

The first commitments of Embree's last class were Philip Lindsay, Sefo Liufao, Colin Sutton, Jonathan Huckins, and Sam Kronshage (same day for the last 2). Lindsay had an offer from Utah, Huckins an offer from Iowa State, and Kronshage had offers from Duke, La. Tech, SMU, and Texas State. That's it. After that, you've got George Frazier (Washington State), Gunnar Graham (Utah, Iowa State), Devin Ross (Boston College, Iowa State, Minnesota, Utah), and Jimmie Gilbert (Iowa State). That's all of Embree's last class's BCS offers. Obviously strong company. Take that, Iowa State!

The first commitments of Embree's last class were Philip Lindsay, Sefo Liufao, Colin Sutton, Jonathan Huckins, and Sam Kronshage (same day for the last 2). Lindsay had an offer from Utah, Huckins an offer from Iowa State, and Kronshage had offers from Duke, La. Tech, SMU, and Texas State. That's it. After that, you've got George Frazier (Washington State), Gunnar Graham (Utah, Iowa State), Devin Ross (Boston College, Iowa State, Minnesota, Utah), and Jimmie Gilbert (Iowa State). That's all of Embree's last class's BCS offers. Obviously strong company. Take that, Iowa State!
I'm fine with getting players that Rhoads is targeting at this point, he's shown a good eye for talent that needs to be developed (much the same as MacIntyre).

Back