What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 AZ WR Brenden Rice (SIGNED to COLORADO)

if asu I'd be shocked ....
unless he thinks their QB will be blossoming when he's a Sophomore
IMO, that QB is already blossoming. He was very impressive against us and Cal (especially for a true frosh). I watched him against Cal and repeatedly thought "this guy is going to be a pain in the ass for the next few years"

Ok, I just figured out the crystal ball thing on my own. ASU just got a 3rd.

Michigan: 27%
Colorado: 27%
ASU: 20%

10 minutes ago it was

M 29%
C 29%
A 14%

I figured we were a lock after we beat ASU. Losing this recruiting battle would sting really bad

Last edited:
Yeah. This one hurts.

giphy.gif

If he were a 5* player at a position of need, losing him would be a concern. However, he is not a 5* player and this is a position of strength now and for the foreseeable future for the Buffs. He is a nice-to-have. Losing a lower rated CB, Safety or LB would be a bigger loss overall, IMO

If he were a 5* player at a position of need, losing him would be a concern. However, he is not a 5* player and this is a position of strength now and for the foreseeable future for the Buffs. He is a nice-to-have. Losing a lower rated CB, Safety or LB would be a bigger loss overall, IMO

CU ain't in a position to look down upon high 3* players at any position.

Using that same way of looking at it, I’d be even more concerned. That’s our best recruited position and we might lose out on a non 5* to a school that hasn’t done well in recent years. What would we expect for other positions then? Yikes.

That said, hopefully he knows CU is the place to be and he joins us and kicks ass.

There is a tremendous variance between saying there are more critical positions of need and saying anyone is looking down upon him.
He’d be the second highest rated recruit in the entire CU class at the moment. Downplaying him choosing ASU simply because we have some solid potential at his position is foolish. He is exactly the caliber recruit this program desperately needs to pull in on a consistent basis at all positions.

Losing him to ASU is much worse then losing to Michigan as CU will have to face him for the next 4-5 years at ASU.

There is a tremendous variance between saying there are more critical positions of need and saying anyone is looking down upon him.

There is not a single position that could not be upgraded by players of Rice's caliber though. It might not be the biggest loss in the class, but we need any kind of positive momentum we can get right now.

Reactions: wip
If he does end up picking ASU I think we can all agree that Chev is plenty capable of adding another good player. Obviously it hurts when you miss out on a guy who put that high of a priority on but he has shown he can overcome these types of situations. Hopefully he picks up though

Back