What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#20 Buffs at NCAA Women's Golf Regional (Monday- Wednesday, 5/8-10)

Buffs defeat Arkansas by one, as their last player gets a bogie on 18 while ours pars!
(Edit- Still need to worry about Michigan, but with as tough as the last few holes are playing, they'd need to play unbelievable golf to stay with the Buffs and, as i type this, they are now one back of the Buffs, and still have between 3-5 holes to play.)

It's taking a while to update, hopefully that's a good sign that Michigan is doing bad.

It's now tied, with only their #1 golfer on the course with no score for her on 18 yet.

Why do we lose every tiebreaker? Whatever methodology is at play, I've determined that it is grossly unfair.

Tough way to lose. We came way back and build a decent lead and then out of nowhere gave it up.

Felt somehow this was deja vu, and then found this- https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/cu...est-regional-womens-golf.116615/#post-1990065 and https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/cu...a-womens-golf-regionals-may-5-7.116573/page-2.

Looks like it's the 2nd straight year the Buffs don't make the National Championships by one freak'in stroke. (Edit- guess technically it was 2 strokes each year to qualify outright, but at least they'd have been in a playoff both years if not for one freak'in stroke.)

Strong year by the team in any case, and with 4 out of 5 players playing today back next year, there is great reason for optimism. Thanks to senior Esther Lee, who was the #1 Buff scorer most of her career. (Believe I heard she was fighting injuries this year, so her performance slipped just a little this spring.)

Played at Ohio State's home course and familiarity made a big difference. #27 Purdue, #29 Ohio State & #33 Michigan all finish in the Top 6 to advance while #20 Colorado finishes 7th, #13 Arkansas finishes 8th and #21 Texas A&M finishes 9th.

Note- like yesterday, a tough end to their round today. But, the Buffs' +9 still tied for 4th best round of the day.

Article on the heartbreaker. Congrats again to the team for the VERY good season.

Direct link - http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/5/...finish-seventh-at-ncaa-columbus-regional.aspx

"
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The University of Colorado women's golf team put together its best round of the tournament here on Wednesday in the final 18 holes at the NCAA Columbus Regional, but its rally to finish in the top six and advance to the NCAA Championships came up short. Only one heartbreaking stroke separated the Buffs from No. 33 ranked Michigan to continue postseason play.

Colorado carded a 909 or 45-over par final score for the event while Michigan closed at 44-over 908 to take sixth place and the right to advance.
"Heartbroken to say the least," head coach Anne Kelly said. "The team played their hearts out and to miss two years in a row by only one shot is hard to take. But, this team will bounce back and learn from this experience. I'm so proud of them! They gave it their all and that's all I can ask of them as a coach."
"

Back