What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 CO RB Jayle Stacks (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

8415700_bb25db551839420f9a7a6191cf20a573.jpg

Cherry Creek HS (Englewood, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/jaylestacks

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 225
40:

247s rating: 3* - 83 grade; #98 RB
ESPN rating: 3* - 72 grade; #120 RB
Rivals rating: 2* - 5.2rr; unranked RB

247sports Composite: 3* / 0.8113 rating / #150 RB / #2285 overall

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, CSU, Wyoming, FCS

Last edited:
I was just curious why there was an update for him and I didn't see an offer from us listed. He definitely looks like a FB or a LB.

I saw Lendale White up close several times. This is a bit of a stretch.
I coached against him several times, and I stand by the comparison (from a physical ability standpoint). LenDale became highly recruited after USC offered iirc. Coincidentally, I remember thinking when he was in HS that I didn't see the talent that USC was going after. Obviously I was wrong, although it is easy to look good behind that OLine at USC and with a complementary back like Reggie Bush. They are very similar in stature, both have excellent feet, above avg burst (especially for their size) and lateral movement while they keep their shoulders square to the LOS to move up field. Lendale never had break away speed, and I was very surprised by Jayle's speed in the open field (He is surprisingly fast, but not a burner).

In retrospect, it became clear that LenDale was a straight up dog on the football field, and that was a big part of who he became as a football player. Who knows what Jayle's demeanor is, but from a physical ability standpoint, they look very similar.

Last edited:
Either way, I am intrigued by Jayle...its awesome to have physical beasts (Viska, Vickers,Big Al) the opposing team has to game plan around.

White had crazy quick feet and elite burst in that 8-10 yard range. I do not see that here with Stacks.
I hope Stacks has a great career at the AFA but I would guarantee that you aren't the only one who doesn't see that with stacks

Cherry Creek is one of the most prominent HS programs in Colorado. Stacks has been looked at by coaches from a large number of FBS programs.

If Stacks had anything like White's talent level he would have a bunch of offers that he doesn't have.

Didn't LenDale go to Chatfield?

He went to South and then he went to Chatfield.

I coached against him several times, and I stand by the comparison (from a physical ability standpoint). LenDale became highly recruited after USC offered iirc. Coincidentally, I remember thinking when he was in HS that I didn't see the talent that USC was going after. Obviously I was wrong, although it is easy to look good behind that OLine at USC and with a complementary back like Reggie Bush. They are very similar in stature, both have excellent feet, above avg burst (especially for their size) and lateral movement while they keep their shoulders square to the LOS to move up field. Lendale never had break away speed, and I was very surprised by Jayle's speed in the open field (He is surprisingly fast, but not a burner).

In retrospect, it became clear that LenDale was a straight up dog on the football field, and that was a big part of who he became as a football player. Who knows what Jayle's demeanor is, but from a physical ability standpoint, they look very similar.

I don’t know exactly when White became highly recruited but he was first team all-state as a sophomore and I think maybe as a freshman. You’re talking about the guy who is still the all-time career rushing yards record holder for 5A football 17 years later.

He went to South and then he went to Chatfield.

I don’t know exactly when White became highly recruited but he was first team all-state as a sophomore and I think maybe as a freshman. You’re talking about the guy who is still the all-time career rushing yards record holder for 5A football 17 years later.
He also played in an offense that ran the ball a ton at South and Chatfield. Much like Centaurus did with Jason Stout (who held the record before him I believe). Chatfield had a super athletic QB that everyone thought was the second coming of Michael Bishop...except he couldn't pass the ball accurately on a consistent basis.

I am surprised that people don't see the same/similar feet and burst in Jayle as what LenDale had, because it jumps out to me clear as day. To each their own 🤷‍♂️

EDIT, I was wrong about Jason Stout, he held the single season record. Kyle Bell actually holds the all time rushing yards record for the state (LenDale holds it for 5A), and he played the same years as LenDale

Last edited:
He also played in an offense that ran the ball a ton at South and Chatfield. Much like Centaurus did with Jason Stout (who held the record before him I believe). Chatfield had a super athletic QB that everyone thought was the second coming of Michael Bishop...except he couldn't pass the ball accurately on a consistent basis.

I am surprised that people don't see the same/similar feet and burst in Jayle as what LenDale had, because it jumps out to me clear as day. To each their own 🤷‍♂️

EDIT, I was wrong about Jason Stout, he held the single season record. Kyle Bell actually holds the all time rushing yards record for the state (LenDale holds it for 5A), and he played the same years as LenDale

I apologize because I'm not trying to hijack this recruit's thread anymore but I already said in my OP that he was the record holder for *5A*. So I'm not sure why you are trying to clarify it.

Also, of course his high schools ran the ball a lot. He was a big boy his whole life and a cousin of Chauncey. If a Colorado HS has an athlete like that then they're going ground n' pound. It just doesn't make sense to be comparing him to one of the most accomplished football players to come out of this state.

His offer list is a list of who's who in college football. I was in HS the same time Lendale was and everyone knew who he was. Dude was a national recruit. I will take your word for it, but I don't know that he all of a sudden became a national recruit once USC offered.

I apologize because I'm not trying to hijack this recruit's thread anymore but I already said in my OP that he was the record holder for *5A*. So I'm not sure why you are trying to clarify it.

Also, of course his high schools ran the ball a lot. He was a big boy his whole life and a cousin of Chauncey. If a Colorado HS has an athlete like that then they're going ground n' pound. It just doesn't make sense to be comparing him to one of the most accomplished football players to come out of this state.
You're right, you did. That edit was originally written in a way that could have been misconstrued as me disagreeing with your statement of fact, so I edited it accordingly. I wasn't trying to clarify anything you said.

What I was trying to do is point out that he has held the 5A rushing record for 17 years because (in part) offenses have changed a lot over the course of that time. Jason Stout was nothing special in my opinion, but rushed for over 3,000 yds in a year. On the flip side, Christian McCaffrey would have put up insane numbers if he played in the 90's.

My comparison was that they look very similar to each other in HS. I saw Jayle on film and the comparison just jumped out at me because of (to my eyes) the same running style, physicality, attributes, etc as what I remember LenDale being like in HS....That's it. I am not, nor will I try to make the case that Jayle was, or will be as successful as LenDale (Although I hope that he is, no matter where he plays).

His offer list is a list of who's who in college football. I was in HS the same time Lendale was and everyone knew who he was. Dude was a national recruit. I will take your word for it, but I don't know that he all of a sudden became a national recruit once USC offered.

Mine was a very loose recollection. I could be wrong, but I remember his recruitment going to the next level once, or around the same time USC offered. I am sure it is hard to find records of this, so who knows. It doesn't really matter anyway.

Last edited:
Back