What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 OH ATH William Anglen (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Has the size and athleticism for the position. Obviously not playing the position will take time and will see if he develops.
Apparently has played some D, but as their QB, they did not use him there much. CU site mentions in his bio:
Had an interception, three passing touchdowns and four overall scores in a 48-0 win over East Tech
But I can NOT find a single defensive play on his film. To earn even a G5 offer, a school has to be able to get very familiar with the kid to assess if he can play defense.
Top 20 like programs aren't going to take that risk. They need to see it in games, against good competition etc. They need more data.

I'll spare everyone the analysis, but without seeing a 40 time or other measurables such as vertical, shuttle etc, I really like the potential for this kid. But I'm assuming Tucker has a lot more data than other P5 programs did in evaluating that this kid could be a safety.

Safety is probably the easiest position to transition to for someone that has a ton of athleticism but little experience actually playing that position. If he's smart and can learn the defense quickly, he'll be fine.

Welcome Mr. Anglen!!!
You have made a great life decision and we are proud of you and look forward to cheering for you
Run Ralphie Run
Gooooooooooo Buffs!
Man am I pumped
Tucker is the real deal that we needed

giphy.gif

Hope his family is fine and this is on the up and up but Anglen with a family illness, Alfano with a sick grandmother...any of this seem like a trend?

Back