What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'20 TX QB Chandler Morris (Signed to Oklahoma)

I was mostly being a smart ass about how people dismiss highly rated recruits.
I’m good with our guy. For what it’s worth 247 has Morris rated higher than Lewis. Again I was exaggerating for effect
That's because Lewis has committed to CU and Morris hasn't. Ratings would flip if the commitments also flipped. /s

While I agree finding a good QB is important, keep a few things in mind;

First off I do not think Morris is a 4 star I think he is listed as a 3 star. We do however have a 4 star QB (From one of the recruiting raters) amongst our commitments. Outside of that you can definitely have too many QBs on your roster. Kids want to play and you can only play one QB at a time, keeping more than 3 of these guys happy is hard which is why you see so many QBs transfer every year.

CU has various needs right now and with the potential recruits on the board we have the great opportunity of having several high level recruits interested in joining the herd and this makes each spot in the 25 max recruits we can take a year at an all time premium.

If we take a 2nd QB this year I think it would be best to have a grad transfer to play a year. Which would give time to some of our younger guys to grow and adjust. That really will come down to how the coaches see and analyze our roster. I suspect what moves they make will be surgical and not waste spots that could be used to bring in talent in other positions.

I also expect moves will be made to move the amount we take this year closer to 27 utilizing gray shirts options. Even so I still doubt we take a 2nd freshmen QB.

He is a 4 star and is ranked higher than our current QB commit. I think he would start after his rs and be the best QB we have had in a long time

How does 247 have a composite 4 star when the 247 rating is a 3 star and the rivals is also a 3 star? ESPN has him as a 4 star.

How does 247 have a composite 4 star when the 247 rating is a 3 star and the rivals is also a 3 star? ESPN has him as a 4 star.
I don't trust rivals. Just ESPN and 247. ESPN also has him going to the under armor all american game and the 10th best dual threat in the country.

Highland Park is currently ranked #4 in 5A Div 1 (#17 statewide) @ 9-1 their loss was to #1 30-19
If the interest is mutual I say why not.

There's questions in Rattler's maturity and decision making that Morris sort of perfectly complements. If he's in school this spring, I wouldn't count Morris out of that competition.

Back