What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012 Colorado Football Roster (with recruits)

Crazy question. How long does a walk-on have to be with the program before getting a scholly without counting against the recruiting class. Seems to me it is only one sememster.

There seem to be a couple of guys who might want to be Buffs who we don't have room for in this class that may PWO with a solid hope of getting a later scholly.

Crazy question. How long does a walk-on have to be with the program before getting a scholly without counting against the recruiting class. Seems to me it is only one sememster.

There seem to be a couple of guys who might want to be Buffs who we don't have room for in this class that may PWO with a solid hope of getting a later scholly.

I believe PWO are non scholarship student they don't count towards the recruiting class,

If a walk on is awarded a scholarship within his first 2 years, then it would count back toward his recruiting year.

Let's say you had a 2012 recruiting class with 24 scholarships attached to it. Among the walk ons who came in at the same time, you would only be able to put one of them on scholarship within the next 2 years. After those 2 years are up, they don't count back to a class number and are only counted against the overall scholarship limit of 85.

If a walk on is awarded a scholarship within his first 2 years, then it would count back toward his recruiting year.

Let's say you had a 2012 recruiting class with 24 scholarships attached to it. Among the walk ons who came in at the same time, you would only be able to put one of them on scholarship within the next 2 years. After those 2 years are up, they don't count back to a class number and are only counted against the overall scholarship limit of 85.

If one of those 24 doesn't make it can the WO then take his spot or is it a case of only allowing 25 players to come in each year stick or not.?

If one of those 24 doesn't make it can the WO then take his spot or is it a case of only allowing 25 players to come in each year stick or not.?

Doesn't matter. No recruiting class year can include more than 25 guys.

Updated for the class that just signed.

We're at 83 scholarships with 2 available (one of which can count to the 2012 class).

I expect to see some attrition and position switches in the spring.

Jermane Clark and Will Harlos should be moving to linebacker. DaVaughn Thornton should become a wide receiver. Sherrard Harrington is the most likely of the young cornerbacks to become a safety. Parker Orms is hoping someone wins a starting cornerback job so he can start at safety opposite Ray Polk.

With Cordary Allen leaving the program, we're down to 80 scholarship players and have 8 seniors graduating.

That would only allow for a 2013 recruiting class of 13 guys if everyone stays (12 once we add Webb at QB). Expect another 4-8 non-seniors to be gone from this roster.

So it is entirely possible for the next recruiting class to be around 20. A few months ago I didn't think there was any chance that could happen.

So which walk-ons get scholly's this year?

Pretty sure Ebner did for his senior year.

I don't know that we can afford to give a scholarship to an underclassman with the limited schollies available for 2013 recruiting. The guy with the best shot would probably be Alex Wood if he can hold onto the FB1 spot.

If Jagne ends up not qualifying, we're going to be hurting on DE depth.

Hopefully we might be able to sell a 4 star type DE on playing time for 2013?

I would really like to see us get in on a few 4 star kids to finish up our commitment list. I am very underwhelmed right now with who we have brought in at the skilled positions. I really think a high 4 star WR/ATH would have a chance at starting next year as a true freshman and I can't believe we can't sell playing time.

I don't mind the idea of taking a bunch of OL and having them battle it out to see who makes the team, RS, or potentially even a GS in the bunch. I think the staff will coach up the OL up nicely. So I do like what we have done there. A 4 star lineman would have also been nice but I am happy with the depth we have pulled in this cycle.

Thoughts on who are most likely targets are to finish up this cycle? How many schollies do we have left in theory?

Also I am a big fan of bringing in Webb. I have a feeling he and Wood are really going to battle it out for the starting spot.

I would really like to see us get in on a few 4 star kids to finish up our commitment list. I am very underwhelmed right now with who we have brought in at the skilled positions. I really think a high 4 star WR/ATH would have a chance at starting next year as a true freshman and I can't believe we can't sell playing time.

I don't mind the idea of taking a bunch of OL and having them battle it out to see who makes the team, RS, or potentially even a GS in the bunch. I think the staff will coach up the OL up nicely. So I do like what we have done there. A 4 star lineman would have also been nice but I am happy with the depth we have pulled in this cycle.

Thoughts on who are most likely targets are to finish up this cycle? How many schollies do we have left in theory?

Also I am a big fan of bringing in Webb. I have a feeling he and Wood are really going to battle it out for the starting spot.

I don't know at this point. We'll bring in a few linebackers. Beyond that, best player available. I'd expect somewhere between 2 and 8 more commitments, which is completely dependent on which underclassmen won't be back in 2013.

Unfortunately EVERYONE wants the 4 star and up offensive athletes. And just about ALL of them can pitch early playing time.

Those elite offense weapons will be deterred from CU when they look at our lack of offensive production for years now. They want to get into a system and a team who will help them light up the highlight reel and put them on the fast track to the NFL.

CU has to get the guys who can block for the talent before they'll get the talent. Not the other way around.

Given just ONE year of average to above average blocking and offensive production and EB will be able to sell a 4 star RB and Kennedy will get us a 4 star WR. That is likely to be a couple of years off with our develping OLine, young talent and young QB's.

I really think this season is important from a record stand point. If we can start out well and maybe make a bowl game we will have a better shot of landing top recruits next cycle. Embree has done a great job adding depth but I'm not sure he has brought in any true difference makers accept at DB. I do like how well he has done recruiting at the QB position.

Does anyone know if any of these guys are going to end up GS again this year. I really think that is one of Embree's best strategies. He brings in a few guys who will end up being 6th year seniors. To me those guys will be awesome for team leadership and for position consistency. I also like what he has done with legacy recruits.

I am very interested to see how the numbers eventually shake out. Gotta say I am not thrilled we have "filled up" at several positions before our camp or the season begins. Really think you like to have at least a little flexibility going forward. Maybe that happens with more transfers or decommitments. Also will be interested how the class balance shakes out.

Somehow, you forgot running back Malcom Creer. He is a sophomore and your numbers for total sophs are 24. Also, Peyton Williams is likely to grayshirt and Kisime Jagne is expected to go to a Junior College so your freshmen numbers should be at 32.

Why can't Jagne not grayshirt, work on either taking missing classes or work on improving his SAT/ACT score? Isn't possible for him to grayshirt and get in? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Somehow, you forgot running back Malcom Creer. He is a sophomore and your numbers for total sophs are 24. Also, Peyton Williams is likely to grayshirt and Kisime Jagne is expected to go to a Junior College so your freshmen numbers should be at 32.

Why can't Jagne not grayshirt, work on either taking missing classes or work on improving his SAT/ACT score? Isn't possible for him to grayshirt and get in? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I'm not sure but losing Jagne stinks. I was hoping he could at least be a rotational pass rusher on 3rd downs for us. I also hate losing P.Williams as we need all the depth we can get at WR this season. Is Vincent coming back? I haven't heard any new news on him.

I believe a grayshirt is technically documented as a delayed enrollment, meaning he the athlete is already accepted into the school and is just delaying the start of classes. So Jagne wouldn't qualify because he did not get accepted in the first place. Hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure but losing Jagne stinks. I was hoping he could at least be a rotational pass rusher on 3rd downs for us. I also hate losing P.Williams as we need all the depth we can get at WR this season. Is Vincent coming back? I haven't heard any new news on him.

I don't think we've lost Jagne just yet. He's still trying to get in. We need something to break our way, maybe this is it?

I don't think we've lost Jagne just yet. He's still trying to get in. We need something to break our way, maybe this is it?
What do you know? Jagne is not getting in, so say my sources, but if you want to give me hope before crushing it, please proceed.We need him.

Let's hope it works out for Jagne. Losing Asiata was bad enough. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but looking at the roster gives me hope for 2013. We need a solid year this year though.

Let's hope it works out for Jagne. Losing Asiata was bad enough. I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but looking at the roster gives me hope for 2013. We need a solid year this year though.

Did Asiata leave school? It is so disappointing to see someone struggle that much with grades as a Freshman. Does CU need some new guidance counselors there or what? Give these guys some cupcake classes as they get acclimated to college. Doesn't CU offer weighlifting, Pre-Algebra, etc..

Last edited:
Did Asiata leave school? It is so disappointing to see someone struggle that much with grades as a Freshman. Does CU need some new guidance counselors there or what? Give these guys some cupcake classes as they get acclimated to college. Doesn't CU offer weighlifting, Pre-Algebra, etc..
Asiata wasn't a support issue. Girl and homesickness issues + lack of desire to get a degree = No chance at success. You can lead a horse to water...

Did he catch on with another program then?

This is what hurts CU the most. When we mostly recruit 3 star and 2 star kids it kills us when we lose the potential of a 4 star. If we could bag 4 or 5 of those guys a year the loss of 1 wouldn't sting as much.

Did he catch on with another program then?

This is what hurts CU the most. When we mostly recruit 3 star and 2 star kids it kills us when we lose the potential of a 4 star. If we could bag 4 or 5 of those guys a year the loss of 1 wouldn't sting as much.
Asiata is out of football.

Back