What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Colorado Football Roster (with '14 commits)

Connor Center was added to the freshman class.

I've got us at 2 over the 85 limit. Maybe some of the former walk-ons aren't on scholarship this year?

The good news...the Buffs may have the top recruiting class in the Big Sky in 2014. The bad news...we're still in the Pac 12.

Alex Turbow was placed on scholarship. Coming into the season under the 85 limit, HCMM has now been able to place every senior walk-on on scholarship for this season. Turbow is expected to graduate at the end of the semester.

Glad to see the coaches could do this. Alex will make some important special teams contributions and he's also a great student. Moves like this help the program manipulate Graduation Rate, APR and Team GPA in its favor. That is needed to offset the negative hits they took with 2 coaching changes in the past 3 years resulting in higher than usual attrition.

Hope he proves something next year. Not sure though that the emergence of Adkins give Josh much shot.

Nik - a few things I noticed when you get around to cleaning this up:

I think your chart was missing a frosh OL (you list Gunnar Huckins - which is two different people). Gunnar is gone now. That would have given us 30, not 29 in that class.

Irwin (OL) and Yuri (CB) redshirted as you know. Seems to leave us with (minus PRich and Connor Wood - and Gunnar) 64 on scholarship? Add in Walker, Witherspoon and Smith as early enrollees puts us back to 67.

We stand at 18 commits right now, minus Bennion, meaning 17. Certainly room for one more, but probably up to 3 with attrition factored in.

Last edited:
Nik - a few things I noticed when you get around to cleaning this up:

I think your chart was missing a frosh OL (you list Gunnar Huckins - which is two different people). Gunnar is gone now. That would have given us 30, not 29 in that class.

Irwin (OL) and Yuri (CB) redshirted as you know. Seems to leave us with (minus PRich and Connor Wood - and Gunnar) 64 on scholarship?

Room for 21 plus any additional attrition. I'd think we have room for about 24 total including the 2 early enrollees. We stand at 19 right now. Certainly room for some more.

Yeah. I must have screwed up a delete on the OL and took Graham's last name with Huckins' first.

I'm kind of abandoning this one and trying to get the 2014 roster / depth chart going in the Futures sub. I'll try to clean both up later, though. Thanks.

Yeah. I must have screwed up a delete on the OL and took Graham's last name with Huckins' first.

I'm kind of abandoning this one and trying to get the 2014 roster / depth chart going in the Futures sub. I'll try to clean both up later, though. Thanks.

Let me know if I can help someway.

LBs

Starting with the 2014 recruiting class and moving forward, we're going to stop differentiating between inside linebackers and outside linebackers. It's total guesswork anyway. In the past we tried, particularly since we had differentiation on the coaching staff with Cabral having ILBs only. Now it's looking like we'll see a lot of 4-2-5 as the base defense and we'll have a single linebacker coach. There's really no "inside" or "outside" LB any more.

I'll work on updating profiles to reflect this change.

First of all I love Gilliam, reminds me a lot of the old war horses that've come through like Sykes, Russell, Biekert, Dizon, Washington and the list goes on for ever & ever thanks to Cabral. He flies all over the field and makes or is in on every tackle.

I do understand that its good to maximize coaching per position even if that includes dividing it in two, especially when you run a 3-4 or a 3-3 stack with 2 LB/Rovers on the outside, but in my experience as a coach its best to have one guy running the show (per position). I am more of a 4-3 man myself, cause I love to scheme with the LBs and DL so I hope to see more of that and utilize Gilliam and Co. more.

Lesser coaches=lesser disagreements

Connor Center was added to the freshman class.

I've got us at 2 over the 85 limit. Maybe some of the former walk-ons aren't on scholarship this year?

Where'd you find that out? Thats good cause we're low on TEs on scholy

Any word on getting more QB's? Just having 2 for spring practice isn't going to cut it.

We need to move some fellas to QB immediately cause you sure as hell can't go into sprg practice with only 2, especially if you want to run scout teams for the offense and defense in practice at the same time. you just can't. 1 & 2 need to be with the varsity O. You can't tell me no one else on that roster hasn't played QB before. I know they gave Moten a shot when Embree started, just let him run the scout.

And we need to get one more QB in our '14 class besides Apsay. Can't start the season with just 2 QBs on scholy. Not getting Cyler Miles dicked us, still pissed about that one.

First of all I love Gilliam, reminds me a lot of the old war horses that've come through like Sykes, Russell, Biekert, Dizon, Washington and the list goes on for ever & ever thanks to Cabral. He flies all over the field and makes or is in on every tackle.

I do understand that its good to maximize coaching per position even if that includes dividing it in two, especially when you run a 3-4 or a 3-3 stack with 2 LB/Rovers on the outside, but in my experience as a coach its best to have one guy running the show (per position). I am more of a 4-3 man myself, cause I love to scheme with the LBs and DL so I hope to see more of that and utilize Gilliam and Co. more.

Lesser coaches=lesser disagreements

You do realize that Cabral is gone and Embree was fired, right? Baer runs the Defense and the LB's. We have one DL coach. We have two DB coaches (Safeties and corners). We have 5-6 DBs on the field on average, which is about half of the defense. So this distribution makes all the sense in the world.

Where'd you find that out? Thats good cause we're low on TEs on scholy

Any word on getting more QB's? Just having 2 for spring practice isn't going to cut it.
The staff is content on the QB's we have and hoping it will entice a big time recruit for '15.

Back