What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 schollies / Ben Mills Update

Scholarships are 1 year commitments, but per Tad Boyle's front page article, he's going to honor the full term.

Ah, but what is a full term?

In my mind it's 4 years folks, not 5. It's a shame that Sharpe tore up his knee, but he got the best medical care money could buy plus he will get 4 years of free school, plus at least 4 (if not 5) full summers of summer school.

The fact that he has another year of eligibility doesn't mean Tad should feel compelled to tie up the scholarship for a 5th unproductive year.

So I count three. Little to no chance 'Dre returns. Zero chance Sharpe returns. And Mills will transfer over the summer to where he can contribute. Everyone should be happy.

The 5th year is clearly not considered part of the commitment. Sharpe will have a 5th year to do a grad transfer year if he wants, but I can't see him doing a 5th year at CU while sitting on the bench for every meaningful minute in years 3 and 4.

You are right, 2 or 3 maybe more scholarships available next year, good post, allows for good discussion, not childish attacks.
rep

Last edited:
Scholarships are 1 year commitments, but per Tad Boyle's front page article, he's going to honor the full term.

In my mind it's 4 years folks, not 5. It's a shame that Sharpe tore up his knee, but he got the best medical care money could buy plus he will get 4 years of free school, plus at least 4 (if not 5) full summers of summer school.

The fact that he has another year of eligibility doesn't mean Tad should feel compelled to tie up the scholarship for a 5th unproductive year.

So I count three. Little to no chance 'Dre returns. Zero chance Sharpe returns. And Mills will transfer over the summer to where he can contribute. Everyone should be happy.

The 5th year is clearly not considered part of the commitment. Sharpe will have a 5th year to do a grad transfer year if he wants, but I can't see him doing a 5th year at CU while sitting on the bench for every meaningful minute in years 3 and 4.

Nailed it. Excellent point.

Agreed, and that's why I asked the question earlier. I pretty much expect the staff to take two in November, assuming mills dose transfer, then continue to pursue whoever is left on the board so they can sign one more if/when Dre leaves.

Back