What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 MBB Record Predictions

I am actually with Slider on this one. I don't think we will be great, just a little better than last year. A lot of guys will be slightly better, but at crunch time, we won't have a go-to scorer except Askia who will continue to flash white hot and ice cold.

9 non-conf wins
10-8 in conf for 5-6 place.
NIT.

At various parts of the season, Askia will be a goat and a hero. But in the end, we don't have enough consistent scoring options to carry us higher.
This team badly needs a Josh Fortune or two.
Board doesn't melt-down as Basketball IQ proves to be higher than Football IQ.

Caveat would be that Fletcher or Thomas pick up a big scoring role which last year wouldn't indicate is likely. Hoping it happens.

I am actually with Slider on this one. I don't think we will be great, just a little better than last year. A lot of guys will be slightly better, but at crunch time, we won't have a go-to scorer except Askia who will continue to flash white hot and ice cold.

9 non-conf wins
NIT.

At various parts of the season, Askia will be a goat and a hero. But in the end, we don't have enough consistent scoring options to carry us higher.

Caveat would be that Fletcher or Thomas pick up a big scoring role which last year wouldn't indicate is likely. Hoping it happens.

What?

9 non-conf wins
NIT.

I really don't see this team as a NIT team. Will they be on the bubble for a lot of the year? probably.

I am expecting them to likely make a solid start (drop a Wyoming or Georgia, etc), stumble a bit to open Pac12 play (be solidly on the bubble), but finish strong with a 9-12 seed.

Too many football transplants to avoid a few board melt downs

I really don't see this team as a NIT team. Will they be on the bubble for a lot of the year? probably.

I am expecting them to likely make a solid start (drop a Wyoming or Georgia, etc), stumble a bit to open Pac12 play (be solidly on the bubble), but finish strong with a 9-12 seed.

Too many football transplants to avoid a few board melt downs

I do agree, the one thing they are missing is a go-to consistent scoring threat. But by the end of the year, I am thinking the new offence and PG ability to feed Scott will be able to alleviate that.

9 non-conf wins
NIT.

I think all of this is fair - except the NIT thing. I do think if we finish with 19 wins in the regular season and end up as the 5/6 seed, that will give us at least 20 wins for the year (I don't imagine us losing to OSU/WSU/ASU in the P12 tourney). I do think that's enough to make us dance, although we'll be a bit nervous.

I also question the basketball IQ thing, but ultimately I think you're right. Right now at least.

9 non-conf wins
NIT.

I agree with pretty much all of this, it's going to come down to who takes the next step. Scott has already done that, but he needs a running mate at his level.

I agree with pretty much all of this, it's going to come down to who takes the next step. Scott has already done that, but he needs a running mate at his level.

Well, I did just hear that George King is redshirting, so I might have to tone down my enthusiasm for this season! :lol:

Back