What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 NCAAMB Rankings

Basically, the Buffs are ranked at #37 heading into this season.

Considering that we've got a year in this program where someone could see a lot of spread between this squad's floor and ceiling, I'm kind of looking at it as a general barometer of how the program is seen nationally. Top 40 program.

I'm pretty happy with a top 40 ranking considering where this team has been historically. Of course, I think we are better than these rankings suggest but I care much more about rankings later in conference play than I do about preseason. If we're truly a top 20 team, we have to earn it and show the coaches and the world; we don't need it handed to us.

Really think we should be about 25-30, but we can move up mighty quickly from 37, especially considering suspect squads ahead of us. However, if we're to make a relatively quick move into the rankings we'll need a win in Laramie. Otherwise, it may not happen with a tricky visit to Athens looming.

Win in Hawaii and we'll be ranked.

While we don't play any elites in the non-conference schedule, there are definitely opportunities to make statements... even before Diamondhead.

Whipping Auburn would get some attention with it being on ESPN.

While we don't play any elites in the non-conference schedule, there are definitely opportunities to make statements... even before Diamondhead.

I REALLY hope the CUnit comes up with some great jabs at Bruce Pearl. I mean, they should be thinking about that right now, shouldn't they? This is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Auburn and @ Wyoming would be a decent haul, if we can finally break through at Wyo. 3-0 with two decent wins. Would put us close. We'd certainly be in with a 7-0 record if we win in Athens.

Should be higher than 37 in the AP poll, too, which will make an earlier appearance easier to obtain.

Back