What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Utah @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

Well, I pulled the old reverse karma "stick a fork in 'em" thing and it worked. Rep me when you get a chance.

Just got back. Those halves were night and day. Great guts from the Buffs. JHop may have just exhausted his chances with Tad this year. He looks lost and has zero confidence. I've been hard on Talton this year, but he was a MAN today. Hoping it continues. And one more time, the officiating crew was abysmal today. One of the worst Pac-12 crews in memory.

Just got back. Those halves were night and day. Great guts from the Buffs. JHop may have just exhausted his chances with Tad this year. He looks lost and has zero confidence. I've been hard on Talton this year, but he was a MAN today. Hoping it continues. And one more time, the officiating crew was abysmal today. One of the worst Pac-12 crews in memory.

See, Orr?

So whew. We really needed this win.

First gotta give props to Talton. He responded to his critics (me) and played a great game. We really needed his outside shooting today and he was probably the difference between a win and loss.

I don't get the stalzer hate. He won't wow you but doesn't gamble on defense and helps the team more than he hurts it.

Paging Dustin Thomas. We need you to participate more on offense. Actually we need everyone to participate more on offense. If you are playing zone on defense, then you should have more energy on the other end.

Hopkins is pushing too hard on offense. He needs to settle in and stop trying to be Spencer.

I don't know what happened in the last 10 minutes with the refs. They kept checking the monitor and had no control of the game.

Decent crowd except the students. It must be midterm time again. The students that did make did a great job so props to you guys.

First gotta give props to Talton. He responded to his critics (me) and played a great game. We really needed his outside shooting today and he was probably the difference between a win and loss.

I don't get the stalzer hate. He won't wow you but doesn't gamble on defense and helps the team more than he hurts it.

Paging Dustin Thomas. We need you to participate more on offense. Actually we need everyone to participate more on offense. If you are playing zone on defense, then you should have more energy on the other end.

Hopkins is pushing too hard on offense. He needs to settle in and stop trying to be Spencer.

I don't know what happened in the last 10 minutes with the refs. They kept checking the monitor and had no control of the game.

Decent crowd except the students. It must be midterm time again. The students that did make did a great job so props to you guys.

Everyone was skiing. It isn't an excuse but the excitement for the team after Spencer went down has really taken a hit. I enjoyed the crowd today especially in the second half. The crowd wasn't sitting on their hands and props to the non-student crowd. I loved how many times they got on their feet in the last ten minutes and overtime and really willed the team to victory.

Where did Seattle and slider go? The team wins and they disappear?

I had to go to my son's basketball game right before OT. Great win, and yep, I predicted we'd lose. The difference? A guard who'd been basically subpar most of the season stepping up and having his best game. Hopefully XT stays at this level. All I've ever been saying is if we can get just average play from our backcourt, we're an NCAA team, with defense and rebounding remaining the focus. That's exactly what the big score showed today. Even Stalzer had a couple keys buckets and chewed up minutes without screwing up much.

I had to go to my son's basketball game right before OT. Great win, and yep, I predicted we'd lose. The difference? A guard who'd been basically subpar most of the season stepping up and having his best game. Hopefully XT stays at this level. All I've ever been saying is if we can get just average play from our backcourt, we're an NCAA team, with defense and rebounding remaining the focus. That's exactly what the big score showed today. Even Stalzer had a couple keys buckets and chewed up minutes without screwing up much.

how do you manage to sound like a douche while giving a guy props.

how do you manage to sound like a douche while giving a guy props.

Assuming you mean the Stalzer dig? Uh, well, as many other people have pointed out, he's really not a PAC 12 level talent. Witness the dribbling out of bounds basically unforced in the first half. I don't think we want him on the floor a lot. But he has to spell the 3 guys in front of him, and he did well today.

Assuming you mean the Stalzer dig? Uh, well, as many other people have pointed out, he's really not a PAC 12 level talent. Witness the dribbling out of bounds basically unforced in the first half. I don't think we want him on the floor a lot. But he has to spell the 3 guys in front of him, and he did well today.

I probably shouldn't even respond to your stupidity, but what makes you the evaluator of PAC12 talent. Wouldn't the fact that he is playing the pac12, prove he has pac12 talent? Did he two drives over "pac12" talent negate his dribble out of bounds? I mean it is ridiculous that your pick one bad play to base your whole argument on. Does any player who dribble out of bounds automatically disqualify them as being pac12 talent?

Ha. No one is happier than me. As I said I wouldn't be surprised at all if we won. I was playing my NCAA online dynasty game mfer
Maybe it's best you stepped away for awhile. Between recruiting and MBB, you're starting to sound like you're waiting for something bad to happen just so you can say "I told you so".

And does that not show that it's not as much a lack of talent on the team as it is youth and inexperience?

I don't like the way DT is being used right now. If his strength is offense, particularly shooting, he needs a chance to get into a rhythm. Getting on the floor for 2-3 minutes doesn't do a gone any good. He never really gets into a flow offensively and he's not the type of defender to show well in those couple of minutes.

And does that not show that it's not as much a lack of talent on the team as it is youth and inexperience?

:nod:

Tad has recruited very well to bring in guys who will be very good as juniors and seniors. Occasionally some guys who perform early, but it's the exception. What he was trying to do was keep winning and get through 2011-12 and 2012-13 (Pac-12 Title and NCAA at-large bid) so that he could get to this season with Dre as a senior to go along with Spencer at PG before the youth took center stage.

I expect another Tourney appearance in what will be our final "transition" season that was brought on by some unexpected attrition.

I don't like the way DT is being used right now. If his strength is offense, particularly shooting, he needs a chance to get into a rhythm. Getting on the floor for 2-3 minutes doesn't do a gone any good. He never really gets into a flow offensively and he's not the type of defender to show well in those couple of minutes.

yeah I am at the point where I want to see what we have with him. If he is a good shooter, lets see what he looks like shooting the ball. I really think he is the victim of some tough calls but really needs to learn to keep his hands off the ball carrier (all our freshman are guilty of this). But I totally agree, I just want to see him take like 10 shots on game.

He needs to get in the weight room. He's not quick enough to play the "3" against the guard-heavy Pac-12 lineups we're seeing and he can't hold position inside at the "4".

That's defense, though. It's what needs to happen for him to be a beast in 2014-15.

But where he can make an impact this year, like you said, is on offense. He's skilled enough and a big enough matchup nightmare that his offense can negate any defensive shortcomings he'll bring. What keys it for him is his outside shooting. He's got to find his stroke to open up the rest of his game.

I probably shouldn't even respond to your stupidity, but what makes you the evaluator of PAC12 talent. Wouldn't the fact that he is playing the pac12, prove he has pac12 talent? Did he two drives over "pac12" talent negate his dribble out of bounds? I mean it is ridiculous that your pick one bad play to base your whole argument on. Does any player who dribble out of bounds automatically disqualify them as being pac12 talent?

Yeah, you're right asshat, I'm the only one who's ever talked **** about Stalzer. Yeah. Let's see, earlier in this thread, someone was hoping he'd transfer. And of course, its not just one bad play I'm basing that on. His overall body of work doesn't suggest he's going to be much of an offensive threat. He had a solid game today, and took advantage of his opportunities. He can be a fine 8-10 minute/game manager. But I guess its too much to expect someone in that role to also provide some offensive spark.

Yeah, you're right asshat, I'm the only one who's ever talked **** about Stalzer. Yeah. Let's see, earlier in this thread, someone was hoping he'd transfer. And of course, its not just one bad play I'm basing that on. His overall body of work doesn't suggest he's going to be much of an offensive threat. He had a solid game today, and took advantage of his opportunities. He can be a fine 8-10 minute/game manager. But I guess its too much to expect someone in that role to also provide some offensive spark.
Eli was never recruited to provide an offensive spark. He was recruited to be exactly what you said- an 8-10 mpg game manager. That's like being critical of Wes for not scoring like Josh does (although he did have a nice offensive game today). Tad recruited several guys for specific roles, and it was working before Spencer's injury. Unfortunately, role players are now being asked to play an additional 30+ mpg and it's exposing some weaknesses. The funny thing is, had we seen this performance before Spencer went down, we would all be really happy with the play of our backup PG today.

yes the everyone else is doing it retort. Exactly what I would expect from a toddler.

So just to be clear, you are bagging on a guy, who shot 50%, had 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 turnover and 1 foul because he didn't help the team enough when the team actually won.

yes the everyone else is doing it retort. Exactly what I would expect from a toddler.

So just to be clear, you are bagging on a guy, who shot 50%, had 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 turnover and 1 foul because he didn't help the team enough when the team actually won.

He also doesn't think Hopkins is explosive so...yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back