What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 CU Spring Football Practices

His recruitment was based on his performance in high school....he played well in all three of his h.s. years for whatever reason. Here's hoping he does the same here.

"he earned first-team All-State (Division II) honors from MaxPreps (second-team by Cal-Hi Sports), in addition to garnering All-CIF Southern Section Western Division and Los Angeles Daily News All-Area team accolades. Rivals.com ranked him as one of the top 100 players in the state of California following being named the Daily News' area and Mission League defensive player of the year as a junior. He was All-CIF, All-State and All-Area as a junior, and honorable mention All-CIF and All-State as a sophomore;"

Always the conundrum of intrasquad scrimmages. Is the new D that much better, or has the O regressed?

Well the O personnel hasn't changed much. The O was actually pretty good last year, except for the int's. The D slowing them down, this early is a good sign.

Well the O personnel hasn't changed much. The O was actually pretty good last year, except for the int's. The D slowing them down, this early is a good sign.

I would add the playcalling/strategy seemed to run into a wall at times, and got too conservative. Hopefully they realize that.

I apologize for being the bearer of bad news and contradicting Kyle's tweet, but my roommate (big Buff football fan) was at the doctor a couple hours ago getting a concussion checked out and said he ran into Samson who was about to have an MRI on his knee. Really hope it's nothing serious, that would be a really tough break for him.

I apologize for being the bearer of bad news and contradicting Kyle's tweet, but my roommate (big Buff football fan) was at the doctor a couple hours ago getting a concussion checked out and said he ran into Samson who was about to have an MRI on his knee. Really hope it's nothing serious, that would be a really tough break for him.

I don't think it's a contradiction. MacIntyre said that Samson hurt it a day or two ago, I think.

Anyway, let's keep injury reporting and speculation to an absolute minimum. What you posted is fine since you're responding to Ringo and HCMM did make the Samson info public.

I just wanted to remind everyone that we'll be quick to pull/moderate any injury reports that are of the "scoop for Allbuffs" nature. Privacy issue for the player and the program. Plus, unverified reports on a free site can panic a parent who hadn't heard anything (and the stuff we fans hear isn't always accurate). So we stay away from the injury stuff.

Hope he's all good. Easy to hurt something when you don't play for awhile, even young. We need him so hope it's a simple thing, that and for just functioning on a daily basis.

Wasn't Samson in that DC photo gallery from yesterday? I wouldn't think it was anything serious if he was running around after it happened the other day.

Interesting read on Wright. MM is not mincing his words. Sounds like Yuri has improved but not doing what it takes to put on weight. I am thinking Wright hasn't hit the weights like MM thinks he should/can.

Next 3 months are huge for Yuri. Talked about Witherspoon and Crawley taking the steps to get bigger but Yuri has work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really miss practice updates and the excitement surrounding them. I wonder if what is lost in fan excitement outweighs the gain of secrecy?

I really miss practice updates and the excitement surrounding them. I wonder if what is lost in fan excitement outweighs the gain of secrecy?
and I agree ^. I am just tempering my excitement/curiosity by telling myself the wins will be worth it. This team and coaching staff need to grow together as a team and build some bonds to carry through the summer, motivating each other. CU needs wins more then anything this next season.

and I agree ^. I am just tempering my excitement/curiosity by telling myself the wins will be worth it. This team and coaching staff need to grow together as a team and build some bonds to carry through the summer, motivating each other. CU needs wins more then anything this next season.
Unfortunately, the number of people that hang on every tidbit previously coming out of spring and pre-fall practices is extremely small. I'm sure their bet is this small group (us) will still be there regardless of the information coming out.

They can overcome some of that lost excitement if they give the fans a show at the open scrimmages. It's a bit risky because if they have a bad day the tone stays negative until fall but if they have some guys leap out and catch attention then the fans will have something to hold on to.

If they unveil new unis at the Spring Game, I'd say that would be exciting. I do wish we were getting more information, and that (if not the fans) at least the media were given more access.

Is the Irwin/Nembot the best tackle combo we have had since Solder/Bakhtiari in 2010?

Is the Irwin/Nembot the best tackle combo we have had since Solder/Bakhtiari in 2010?

Potentially better since we're looking at a snapshot of a single season. Bak was really young in 2010 and still undersized. Be hard for this 2015 tandem to match the talent those 2010 guys had, but they're 4th & 5th year players and might be more effective.

Potentially better since we're looking at a snapshot of a single season. Bak was really young in 2010 and still undersized. Be hard for this 2015 tandem to match the talent those 2010 guys had, but they're 4th & 5th year players and might be more effective.
Hard to beat athleticism of Solder/Bakhtiari, but think Irwin/Nembot could be more physical. Add in Sean Irwin, a pretty physical TE, and there is some hope for a big jump in the running game.

Coach MM keeps chirping on Nembot. He sure looks like several big dudes stuffed into one body. Irwin has overcome a bunch physically.

Wishing them them both good health and success. A shred of sunlight from last years drought just maybe.

To think we had Solder/Bakhtiari/Ryan Miller at T,T,G, Jimmy Smith/Jalil Brown as our CB combo, and McKnight/Clemons at WR that same year...:wow:

Two 1st rounders, two 4th rounders, a 5th rounder and two 7th round draft picks on one team. Is that the most talented team we've had at CU in the last decade?

Coach MM keeps chirping on Nembot. He sure looks like several big dudes stuffed into one body. Irwin has overcome a bunch physically.

Wishing them them both good health and success. A shred of sunlight from last years drought just maybe.

If the light goes on for Nembot then he will be a complete beast.

To think we had Solder/Bakhtiari/Ryan Miller at T,T,G, Jimmy Smith/Jalil Brown as our CB combo, and McKnight/Clemons at WR that same year...:wow:

Two 1st rounders, two 4th rounders, a 5th rounder and two 7th round draft picks on one team. Is that the most talented team we've had at CU in the last decade?

Add a 2nd rounder to that as well. P-Rich.

Any surprise standouts so far? Any guys who didn't see significant time last year standing out? Rippy? Ross? Yuri?

This is posted on cubuffs.com, mentions Nembot, JayMac, Lindsay, Donovan Lee on offense and Witherspoon/Crawley on D. Also talks about Defensive Line depth. I assume this is the same article posted on Rivals.

Back