What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Basketball Attrition Thread (was Fletch and Guzo leaving)

I'd like to see the first one go to a big, but I'd really love to see them take a hard run at a guy like Spike Albrecht out of Michigan (although the likelihood of him coming here is low to zero). I know we need to fill in bigs, but a PG to really challenge Dom and Thomas next year would be a bigger gain for next year considering how bad our guard play was.

Hate to see fletch go, he would still be a quality guy coming off the bench. CU is hurting for big men.

Gordon, miller and xj is it. Plenty of guards, I hope tad is looking to fill his spot with a big.

Sorry to see fletch leaving, but I hope he finds a good spot to finish off his career. Best of luck to him & guz

This same thing happened last year with 2 guys leaving and things turned out much better than expected. Lets hope the same things happen again.

Good luck to guz and fletch. Excited about next year.
Wes at the 5, GMFK at 4, White 3, Peters or Fortune at 2 and AK or Dom at 1.
Tory and XJ available in case we want to go big.
I assume Siewert is coming here. Is Alpha Diallo signed already?
Would like to see us go after 1 of the transfer PGs if 1 is eligible immediately. Jimmy Whitt?
Tad on a roll.

Good luck to guz and fletch. Excited about next year.
Wes at the 5, GMFK at 4, White 3, Peters or Fortune at 2 and AK or Dom at 1.
Tory and XJ available in case we want to go big.
I assume Siewert is coming here. Is Alpha Diallo signed already?
Would like to see us go after 1 of the transfer PGs if 1 is eligible immediately. Jimmy Whitt?
Tad on a roll.
XJ is not coming back to come off the bench

Crazy how much basketball has changed. 10 years ago we are likely discussing the possibility of Poeltl going first overall. In 2016, there are legitimate questions if he even fits in the NBA. "Too much of a true C."

As long as he keeps his motor and stays healthy, he should always have a place in an NBA line-up tho.

Crazy how much basketball has changed. 10 years ago we are likely discussing the possibility of Poeltl going first overall. In 2016, there are legitimate questions if he even fits in the NBA. "Too much of a true C."

As long as he keeps his motor and stays healthy, he should always have a place in an NBA line-up tho.

Most of the credible criticism of Poeltl hasn't been about being a "true C" at all, from what I've seen. His problem has that he doesn't have a good base, regressed as a shot blocker (there are reasons statistically, but I attribute it to him), and isn't much more than a PnR big who isn't a very a threat catching the ball outside of 10 feet or on a rim run. The fact that his back to the basket game is fairly "meh" actually makes him less of a true center.

The fact that his back to the basket game is fairly "meh" actually makes him less of a true center.
Centers in today's game have the ability to face up and beat you off the dribble. Cousins, Pau, KAT. We are both describing the Dwights, Hibberts and Boguts of the NBA, it has nothing to do with their ability to play back to the basket. They need the ball with deep positioning, but have the ability to score if they get it there. The problem is that with all the quasi-zone, it's much easier to deny them the ball/position. Making them more of a "true C" who would fit better in the NBA before 2000, which was my point. Maybe "classic C" is the better phrase.

Last edited:
Centers in today's game have the ability to face up and beat you off the dribble. Cousins, Pau, KAT. We are both describing the Dwights, Hibberts and Boguts of the NBA, it has nothing to do with their ability to play back to the basket. They need the ball with deep positioning, but have the ability to score if they get it there. The problem is that with all the quasi-zone, it's much easier to deny them the ball/position. Making them more of a "true C" who would fit better in the NBA before 2000, which was my point. Maybe "classic C" is the better phrase.

Yeah, though what I'm saying is that Poeltl's criticisms usually centers around the fact that, while he's more of a "modern center" like the Cousins, Pau, KAT types you listed, he's just not that good at it. This is a really, really weak draft so he'll still go top ten, but projecting his career has come under fire because he's just kind of a guy.

Best of wishes to Mr. Guzonjic.

52,000 alumni from Barry University have made an impact on their professions across the globe.
Notable Graduates Include:

• Alberto Carvalho ’90, Superintendent, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
  • Sister Linda Bevilacqua, OP, PhD ’62, President, Barry University
  • Felipe de Jesus Estévez, MA ’77, Bishop of St. Augustine, Florida
  • Carlos Gimenez ’99, Mayor, Miami-Dade County
  • Laurent Lamothe ’95, Prime Minister of Haiti
  • Shaquille O’Neal, EdD ’12, Former NBA Champion

When do we get the back story here?

Not sure there is one. He came in hurt and out of shape. He didn't show a whole lot of desire to improve his conditioning through the season and the staff not so subtly pointed out that unless he gets his act together he won't be playing next year even with our lack of depth up front (pre-Siewart).

Not sure there is one. He came in hurt and out of shape. He didn't show a whole lot of desire to improve his conditioning through the season and the staff not so subtly pointed out that unless he gets his act together he won't be playing next year even with our lack of depth up front (pre-Siewart).
Usually, it seems, when players are lazy, the threat of no playing time, has no impact.
I got to believe Tad was firm here. Maybe I want to believe...

Usually, it seems, when players are lazy, the threat of no playing time, has no impact.

Well , Guz is now at a level where he can compete, so good for Tad being firm (and good for Guz). However, Tad did bring him here in the 1st place. He's only made 2 really questionable recruiting whiffs in 5 or 6 years and rectified this one fairly quick so I can live with that. Progress.

Well , Guz is now at a level where he can compete, so good for Tad being firm (and good for Guz). However, Tad did bring him here in the 1st place. He's only made 2 really questionable recruiting whiffs in 5 or 6 years and rectified this one fairly quick so I can live with that. Progress.

The other being? Salazar?

I wouldn't classify Salazar as questionable so much as someone who didn't work out. Although I wasn't overly impressed with him as a freshman, he did show signs as a good backup PG, and ahead of Talton IMO, just didn't progress (actually think he digressed). My guess is he realized where he was on the totem pole at Kansas and decided to focus on playing the piano over basketball. I know that seems crazy to most here thinking that basketball is life, but it was probably a good mature choice (although he should have probably focused on something a bit more marketable than music class)

The other being? Salazar?

I wouldn't classify Salazar as questionable so much as someone who didn't work out. Although I wasn't overly impressed with him as a freshman, he did show signs as a good backup PG, and ahead of Talton IMO, just didn't progress (actually think he digressed). My guess is he realized where he was on the totem pole at Kansas and decided to focus on playing the piano over basketball. I know that seems crazy to most here thinking that basketball is life, but it was probably a good mature choice (although he should have probably focused on something a bit more marketable than music class)

I ****ing hate that Salazar guy!

katt-williams.jpg
Ratchet Salazar

if that was the case your boy would have been run out of here 2 year ago. careful what you "believe"

Can I put this here? Illinois gave Kendrick Nunn the boot today after he had pled a domestic charge down to battery. Probly their 2nd best player.

Back