What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 Coaching Carousel

Pure speculation time - Beard leaves UNLV at the alter and goes to Tech. At that point Larry Eustachy will be heading to be the next coach of UNLV. CSU is unhappy with him, he's unhappy with them, it allows them a clean divorce.

Pure speculation time - Beard leaves UNLV at the alter and goes to Tech. At that point Larry Eustachy will be heading to be the next coach of UNLV. CSU is unhappy with him, he's unhappy with them, it allows them a clean divorce.

I really hope that doesn't happen. UNLV is our main competition for D'Shawn Schwartz.

Eustachy working in Vegas, what could go wrong there!
Oh, but what could go so right. That's a perfect fit. And I think Goose is right when he says he's tired of CSU and they're tired of him. He's been there for five years. That's a long time for him to stay in any one place. Plus, the co-eds in Ft Collins aren't as nice as the ones in Vegas.

So Texas Tech is about to be open. Their fans seem to want to get Beard who just signed with UNLV.

That would be really funny and they'd fall off the map again. Beard was a longtime Juco coach who worked on Bob and Pat Knight's staffs and was present for the most recent destruction of Tech basketball. I think people are seriously overrating him. He would have to step up his recruiting game in the Big 12.

A little confusing. I would have thought the UNLV job was better than Tech. Suppose Tech must have rolled out the Brinks truck.

A little confusing. I would have thought the UNLV job was better than Tech. Suppose Tech must have rolled out the Brinks truck.

That, plus he has connections to Tech and a family two hours away.

But the Brinks truck had a lot to do with it.

That, plus he has connections to Tech and a family two hours away.

But the Brinks truck had a lot to do with it.
Don't forget UNLV didn't disclose to him their APR issues, only having 5 visits to fill 9 spots and the **** show Board of Regents approval meeting for his contract.

I'm not negative on Tubby but I thank every day that UVA went Bennett instead of throwing big $ at Tubby (a popular choice at the time and realistic due to family connections)

Last edited:

Opens up the New Mexico State job, which isn't as attractive as it used to be with the WAC pretty much collapsed.

Tech is desperate to become a perennial national contender at anything. So they will drop all the bucks they can muster and no questions asked other than; "Can you win?"

Opens up the New Mexico State job, which isn't as attractive as it used to be with the WAC pretty much collapsed.

They'll get an assistant from somewhere...that's a pretty good situation for a first time head coach-you're the big dog in a bad league. Watch the search at UNC with them "parting ways" with BJ Hill. I know Hill, and he's not the type to go get a program in NCAA trouble. Tad is still a very popular guy up there, and them going after Prioleau or Rohn would be popular with those fans.

They'll get an assistant from somewhere...that's a pretty good situation for a first time head coach-you're the big dog in a bad league. Watch the search at UNC with them "parting ways" with BJ Hill. I know Hill, and he's not the type to go get a program in NCAA trouble. Tad is still a very popular guy up there, and them going after Prioleau or Rohn would be popular with those fans.

First thing I thought of is that Pri or Rohn may get that job. Both are more than ready to be HCs.

First thing I thought of is that Pri or Rohn may get that job. Both are more than ready to be HCs.

I agree, but that's not the right situation for either of our guys to leave here for. Full disclosure-I did attempt to walk on up there before Tad arrived, and I did get to know (and like) BJ Hill. They'll make some sort of effort to come after one or both of our guys. Tad is still a God up there. That said, that's an awful job right now. I would hate to see Pri or Rohn leave CU to go there, and I don't think either will. My guess (I don't have anything to back this up) is they'll wind up with Culver from UCCS (he's got unc ties) or Derrick Clark from Metro. I don't see them being able to lure any assistant of note.

Reactions: aik
I agree, but that's not the right situation for either of our guys to leave here for. Full disclosure-I did attempt to walk on up there before Tad arrived, and I did get to know (and like) BJ Hill. They'll make some sort of effort to come after one or both of our guys. Tad is still a God up there. That said, that's an awful job right now. I would hate to see Pri or Rohn leave CU to go there, and I don't think either will. My guess (I don't have anything to back this up) is they'll wind up with Culver from UCCS (he's got unc ties) or Derrick Clark from Metro. I don't see them being able to lure any assistant of note.

Unless the cupboard is poised to be absolutely bare I think Clark stays at Metro. Not too far removed from playing in the D2 championship game. Would be worse than a Craig Bohl move to go up a division just to be saddled with a really long-term project.

Is this relative to Dunlap's success, or because of a bad year, or does it really seem like he'll never lead MSU to another tournament run? The middle years of his six-year tenure look great. What's happened since?

Is this relative to Dunlap's success, or because of a bad year, or does it really seem like he'll never lead MSU to another tournament run? The middle years of his six-year tenure look great. What's happened since?
his recruiting has hit the ****... the players hate him nd he throws hissy fits on the sideline at his players in game

Back