What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Nik...you can't be mad about that one. I saw a lot of grey hair and wrinkled faces on that field too. Be mad about the previous two.

The difference is that with the gray hairs you get the 60 second delay because it takes us that long to manage climbing over the top of the fence. :D

The difference is that with the gray hairs you get the 60 second delay because it takes us that long to manage climbing over the top of the fence. :D
In all fairness, we don't climb over the wall, we just wait until Argus opens the gate so we can gingerly take the the 3 steps down onto the field.
I have taken my kids onto the field each time, namely for them to get signatures, and yes it takes a minute or two for us to get down there even from the lower bowl. The players have always been great with signing for the kids. We just wait at the edge of the crowd for the players to start back to the locker room. Makes it easier to catch their attention and to keep track of the kiddos. We have also waited outside the champions center after a couple of games to get autographs.

That is their call of who they think will/should be on there. Not the actual awards & all-conference teams.
Yeah that is wilners take. The article says that the real announcement should come this afternoon

What is the point of waiting 60 seconds anyway? Is it so the visiting team has some time to get off the field to avoid any possible injuries/incidents? Do we go full Azteca Stadium and install barbed wire fences?

pg2_fence_300.jpg
Wasn't is a cornholio player that sucker punched an opposing fan a few years ago during a field rush?

This. Argus allowed the students onto the field. Expecting them all to stop at the magic Argus lines near the 30, once they are already on the field, is naive at best.

In the 90s, BPD & CUPD would do just that. It looked like a militia line at a protest; not good.

If you want to jack the student prices for tickets up, fine. You do risk not having students at the game but it's clear college sports aren't really about the people who attend the school anymore. I take a pretty big exception to the idea of raising student fees (on all students) to pay for something that a very small percentage of the student population does.

I think (hope) that it's not as big of a deal going forward. We've had our season of redemption and wins shouldn't be so rare going forward. The AD will certainly profit off the turn around and shouldn't complain too much.

In all fairness, we don't climb over the wall, we just wait until Argus opens the gate so we can gingerly take the the 3 steps down onto the field.
I have taken my kids onto the field each time, namely for them to get signatures, and yes it takes a minute or two for us to get down there even from the lower bowl. The players have always been great with signing for the kids. We just wait at the edge of the crowd for the players to start back to the locker room. Makes it easier to catch their attention and to keep track of the kiddos. We have also waited outside the champions center after a couple of games to get autographs.
To be honest, the players I think enjoy signing autographs as much as your kids enjoy getting them.

Re Wilner, wasn't it this off season that many here felt that Olugbode was a liability. say your apologies. The kid is money with a good DL in front of him.

But Tupou needs to be on that list, or Second team at worse. Opposing Coaches know if not the writers.

Re Wilner, wasn't it this off season that many here felt that Olugbode was a liability. say your apologies. The kid is money with a good DL in front of him.

But Tupou needs to be on that list, or Second team at worse. Opposing Coaches know if not the writers.

Sorry, buffaholic.

You aren't going to stop the students from coming and Folsom with the low stands close to the field is particularly an issue. Play in the Rose Bowl and the seats are far enough away that it would take a drunk student a minute just to reach the field.

It may be that the ultimate solution is to just accept that the students are going to come. Instead of trying to stop them create a "safe" bubble and corridor for the players and coaches who wish to leave the field to use getting to the tunnel.

You aren't going to stop the students from coming and Folsom with the low stands close to the field is particularly an issue. Play in the Rose Bowl and the seats are far enough away that it would take a drunk student a minute just to reach the field.

It may be that the ultimate solution is to just accept that the students are going to come. Instead of trying to stop them create a "safe" bubble and corridor for the players and coaches who wish to leave the field to use getting to the tunnel.
Nah - first off, we have the "act like you have been there before" situation. These students have not. I feel for them - and I get why they did what they did.

Once the novelty wears off, they will hold until the last game of the season and only do it if it matters. That will be easier to control.

The absolute disrespect still being thrown toward CU is unreal

Yeah. On the other hand, MM has no track record of sustainable excellence (see what I did there). After what I've seen this season, though, I would expect nothing less than what Utah has done over the last few years and could see the Buffs being contenders for the Pac 12 championship more often than not.

Yeah. On the other hand, MM has no track record of sustainable excellence (see what I did there). After what I've seen this season, though, I would expect nothing less than what Utah has done over the last few years and could see the Buffs being contenders for the Pac 12 championship more often than not.
It just seems ridiculous to make that kind of proclamation at this point in time.

It just seems ridiculous to make that kind of proclamation at this point in time.
Ridiculous is a bit strong. MacIntyre has had a great year but he still needs to prove that he can sustain it. I don't see any evidence that he can't do that but I don't really see any that he can either. The bump in recruiting this year is huge and hopefully bodes well but I expect some bumps along the way.

I expect next year to be a slight fall back year for the Buffs with so much of the D gone and 5 conference road games, but I still expect to be in the hunt.
People can disrespect CU, but they are about to find out that Colorado is and always has been a major football school in the same neighborhood as UW and USC.

I expect next year to be a slight fall back year for the Buffs with so much of the D gone and 5 conference road games, but I still expect to be in the hunt.
People can disrespect CU, but they are about to find out that Colorado is and always has been a major football school in the same neighborhood as UW and USC.
I'm picturing us walking in to the year with a Top 20 ranking, climbing to Top 15 when we go 3-0 against a cupcake non-conference schedule, then losing maybe 3-4 in conference play during what you correctly describe as a rebuilding year. That would leave us at either 9-3 or 8-4 heading into a bowl game either ranked or as others receiving votes. 9-3 puts us in the Top 25 for sure.

The absolute disrespect still being thrown toward CU is unreal

I think much of the national media also expects a successful coach at CU to move on the greener pastures. But this IS the greener pasture, unless the coach is only about money. If it's about ego and making the most money. If the coach is about competing for the national championship, and being a legacy coach at a school, then MM has everything he needs here.

Back