What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2017 CU Players in the NFL (Plus Draft Thread)

Awuzie's game and Mathiew's game are not similar. I always viewed Mathiew as a linebacker playing safety, whereas Awuzie is like a safety playing CB.
They are more similar than you give credit for. Chido is not a true outside cover corner in the NFL. He can do it, but that's not why he's viewed as a 1st rounder. His play in the slot, his ability to tackle and rush off the edge, and general versatility as a DB is where the Honey Badger comps come from.

Think Chido is the man for a few of the late round one teams. ...but worried that he might drop to late round 2 as teams move to 'brand names' as the board reshuffles.

Man, Kiper is really down on Chido...doesn't even have him listed in the Top 25 remaining on his board for Round 2.

Chido should definitely go in the 2nd. Ted in 3rd-4th. Spoon in the 4th-5th.

Have a feeling Chido is going to play with hair on fire for whatever team drafts him. Should feel slighted that he fell out of the 1st.

Have a feeling Chido is going to play with hair on fire for whatever team drafts him. Should feel slighted that he fell out of the 1st.
Spoon 4th-5th?

I hope he doesn't go to the Packers since that would mean they'd have like 1/4 of our NFL contingent

Also not sure how much longer Green Bay's system will be in place. McCarthy's seat is growing warmer.
I thought so too through about 6-7 games last year, but then they go on a run and make it to the NFCCG. Tough to can a guy with a Super Bowl ring and 5 division titles in the last 6 years. As long as Rodgers is there to cover up how bad that roster actually is, I don't see MM going anywhere. GB is my "2nd team" so I'm rooting for Chido to go there. He'd be an immediate starter in a bad secondary.

I thought so too through about 6-7 games last year, but then they go on a run and make it to the NFCCG. Tough to can a guy with a Super Bowl ring and 5 division titles in the last 6 years. As long as Rodgers is there to cover up how bad that roster actually is, I don't see MM going anywhere. GB is my "2nd team" so I'm rooting for Chido to go there. He'd be an immediate starter in a bad secondary.
Good chance for Chido to get picked there if GB sticks in the spot. But there will be some offers for that pick as teams see guys on their boards who they graded in the top half of the 1st round still available. I'd be surprised if there isn't heavy trading today.

Good chance for Chido to get picked there if GB sticks in the spot. But there will be some offers for that pick as teams see guys on their boards who they graded in the top half of the 1st round still available. I'd be surprised if there isn't heavy trading today.
As evidenced in the NFCCG, the Pack need serious help at DB. Chido, Sydney Jones and Kevin King are probably the 3 best remaining. For their sake, I hope they don't trade back even further and lose out on one of those guys.

Also not sure how much longer Green Bay's system will be in place. McCarthy's seat is growing warmer.

pack shopping pick to move down again...even floating rumor they are looking at nd qb. nice pick to have as teams have plenty of time to get excited about some "must have" player

Last edited:
PFF's updated mock for rounds 2-3 doesn't have Chido going until the 3rd round, and doesn't include Witherspoon. Really hope it doesn't shake out like that.

PFF's updated mock for rounds 2-3 doesn't have Chido going until the 3rd round, and doesn't include Witherspoon. Really hope it doesn't shake out like that.
So much comes down to how desperate teams get with the lack of depth at other positions. When they start taking an OL or QB in the 2nd despite having a 3rd round grade on the guy because their next group of guys at that position have 5th/6th round grades, it can cause the guys at deep positions like CB to slip. Best thing for our CU guys is if we see a run on DBs in the first half of the 2nd round that takes Chido off the board and puts both Spoon & TT in play earlier.

So much comes down to how desperate teams get with the lack of depth at other positions. When they start taking an OL or QB in the 2nd despite having a 3rd round grade on the guy because their next group of guys at that position have 5th/6th round grades, it can cause the guys at deep positions like CB to slip. Best thing for our CU guys is if we see a run on DBs in the first half of the 2nd round that takes Chido off the board and puts both Spoon & TT in play earlier.

As long as teams are saying "the dropoff at DB to the next round isn't bad, but it's horrible at other positions of need", our guys are in a bad spot.

Free beers for a year if Ted goes ahead of Spoon.

Back