1. Allbuffs will be having an outage this weekend starting on Friday night and continuing through the weekend. We hope Allbuffs will be back online by Sunday night.

2018/19 off-season Buff soccer news & awards (Schedule out- season opener 8/22 hosting Drake.)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by AztecBuff, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bmixer

Bmixer Well-Known Member

I think they need to make Prentup into small stadium with lights for soccer and Lacrosse and other sports that could play there. The weekday games at 3pm are not easy to get to

2. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

Not only the 3 pm games, but the early season (August and early September) days that are brutally hot it would be great to have the games start at 7pm or later.

I could live with soccer sharing the stadium with lacrosse since the seasons are opposite. There might be an issue for example with soccer practicing and playing in the spring and of course the same for lacrosse in the fall, so there would need to be a solution for that is good for the athletes.

3. Bmixer

Bmixer Well-Known Member

I Believe schools like DU make it possible. Prentup has a great atmosphere but I just think if CU wants to grow as an A.D and keep the programs good, they need a small outdoor stadium for their sports. Practices could also be on the old football practice fields that are in use as much now as before by the football team.

MtnBuff likes this.
  4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I've mentioned before that I would love to see CU build a showcase stadium for soccer and lacrosse, if they could make it a track stadium as well without compromising the other two so much the better. Talking about a stadium that would be an favored sight for league tournaments and for regional competitions, a place other schools and more importantly recruits would want to come because it has the feel of a special place.

Eventually I would hope that CU expands our athletic offerings and men's soccer and/or lacrosse would be logical additions.

The facility would not lack for use.

5. Denver_sc

Denver_sc Club Member Club Member

*CU Buff fan sees a home opener against Drake*

[​IMG]

6. Bmixer

Bmixer Well-Known Member

two years back when Cu played at Florida for he NCAA lacrosse I watched the Florida feed and they had a venue that I think could be copied at prentup and Potts. They had a field and a stadium and on the other side of the stadium they hand another field and the stadium had stands on both sides. With Potts and Prentup being side by side that could be option for stands and locker rooms on the east side of prenup and west side of Potts.

WarBuff likes this.
  7. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

8. AztecBuff

AztecBuff Club Member Club Member

Wanted to note the 2019 roster (https://cubuffs.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoc&roster=510&sort=class) looks to be updated. A few things I see:
    • All 9 known incoming (2019) freshmen noted in the recruiting thread (https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/recruiting-news-olympic-sports.101643/) are on the roster (never know for sure all incoming freshmen end up showing up at a college or not), and bios have been added for them (although most don't have photos yet).
    • Midfielder/ forward Emily Groark, who is a sophomore this season, is no longer on the roster. After starting 16 out of 19 matches last season (out of 20 matches total), assume she will be missed. (From a Google search, looks like Ms. Groark, who is from St. Peters, MO, went back to her home area as, per http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211806484), she's now at St. Louis U.. Best wishes to her.)
    • Assumed it was going to show this way eventually, but in earlier rosters, defender Hannah Cardenas, who was lost to injury last season in the 3rd match after leading the team in minutes as a freshman, had been listed as a junior in more preliminary 2019 rosters. She is now showing, as I expected, as a redshirt sophomore.
    • The roster size this season, at least as of this schedule, totals 24 players. (Last season had 23.) The composition of the roster by class:
      • 9 freshmen (All "true" freshmen)
      • 7 sophomores (3 I believe have used redshirt years; 2 transferred in at some point after starting at another college.)
      • 2 juniors (1 transferred in at some point after starting at another college.)
      • 6 seniors (2 I believe have used redshirt years; 1 transferred in at some point after starting at another college.)

dyemeduke and WarBuff like this.
  9. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

Heard a week or so ago that Emily Groark had transferred to St. Louis U, near her hometown. Apparently she was really homesick. The Buffs will miss her as she was technically and tactically talented. I figured she would be key piece in the future with Taylor Kornieck being a senior this season.

As for the roster, it's interesting to note that there are now three goalkeepers on the roster. Looks like freshman Megan Short is the latest addition.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  10. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

11. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

12. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

13. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

14. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.