What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018/19 off-season Buff soccer news & awards (Schedule out- season opener 8/22 hosting Drake.)

I think they need to make Prentup into small stadium with lights for soccer and Lacrosse and other sports that could play there. The weekday games at 3pm are not easy to get to

I think they need to make Prentup into small stadium with lights for soccer and Lacrosse and other sports that could play there. The weekday games at 3pm are not easy to get to
Not only the 3 pm games, but the early season (August and early September) days that are brutally hot it would be great to have the games start at 7pm or later.

I could live with soccer sharing the stadium with lacrosse since the seasons are opposite. There might be an issue for example with soccer practicing and playing in the spring and of course the same for lacrosse in the fall, so there would need to be a solution for that is good for the athletes.

I Believe schools like DU make it possible. Prentup has a great atmosphere but I just think if CU wants to grow as an A.D and keep the programs good, they need a small outdoor stadium for their sports. Practices could also be on the old football practice fields that are in use as much now as before by the football team.

I Believe schools like DU make it possible. Prentup has a great atmosphere but I just think if CU wants to grow as an A.D and keep the programs good, they need a small outdoor stadium for their sports. Practices could also be on the old football practice fields that are in use as much now as before by the football team.

I've mentioned before that I would love to see CU build a showcase stadium for soccer and lacrosse, if they could make it a track stadium as well without compromising the other two so much the better. Talking about a stadium that would be an favored sight for league tournaments and for regional competitions, a place other schools and more importantly recruits would want to come because it has the feel of a special place.

Eventually I would hope that CU expands our athletic offerings and men's soccer and/or lacrosse would be logical additions.

The facility would not lack for use.

Schedule released. Go Bufffs!!!

With non-conference being much tougher this season, there should be no doubt the Buffs will get serious tournament consideration as long as they get enough W's.

https://cubuffs.com/news/2019/6/26/soccer-sets-2019-slate.aspx

"
Soccer Sets 2019 Slate

Colorado set for 12 televised matches

June 26, 2019

By: Seth Pringle, Assistant SID

BOULDER – University of Colorado head soccer coach Danny Sanchez announced a 20-match schedule for the 2019 season on Wednesday. 11 of CU's matches will be televised.

The Buffaloes will face five teams that finished inside the top-7 in RPI and nine in the top-50. CU's 2019 opponents combined for a 240-142-33 record last season.

The Buffs open the season hosting three NCAA Tournament teams in a string of their first six home matches. Colorado opens the season against Drake (Aug. 22) and Patriot League champion Boston University (Aug. 25). The team remains at home for the season's second weekend taking on Kent State (Aug. 29) and former Big 12 rival Texas (Sept. 1). The homestand closes with Austin Peay (Sept. 5) and another former conference foe in Baylor (Sept. 8).

"This is the toughest non-conference schedule that we have put together since we arrived at CU," Sanchez noted. "We were able to get three top-10 teams from last season, including two at home with Texas and Baylor. Boston University is another NCAA Tournament team last season that we get at home. Then we have two tough draws on the road against the defending national champions in Florida State and Denver."

Colorado returns second-team All-American Taylor Kornieck for her senior season. She finished second on the team with a career-best 28 points, despite missing four matches to injury. Her 10 assists marked a CU single-season record. Kornieck jumped up the record lists at Colorado last season. She leads the Buffs with 1.20 points per game in her three seasons. Kornieck moved into second, averaging .45 goals per game and is fourth in points (72), fourth in goals (27) and third in assists (18).

Also returning for their senior campaigns are Jalen Tompkins, Tatum Barton, Kelsey Aaknes, Stephanie Zuniga and Camilla Shymka.

Colorado season tickets are now on sale. Be sure to pick yours up at https://buffs.me/2Kudnr5

DateOpponentLocationTime (MT)TV
Aug. 22DrakeBoulder, Colo.5 p.m.
Aug. 25BostonBoulder, Colo.12 p.m.
Aug. 29Kent StateBoulder, Colo.4:30 p.m.
Sept. 1TexasBoulder, Colo.1 p.m.P12 Networks
Sept. 5Austin PeayBoulder, Colo.4 p.m.
Sept. 8BaylorBoulder, Colo1 p.m.P12 Networks
Sept. 12Florida StateTallahassee, Fla.5 p.m.ACC Networks
Sept. 19Northern ColoradoBoulder Colo.3:30 p.m.P12 Networks
Sept. 21DenverDenver, Colo.7:30 p.m.
Sept. 27Arizona*Tuscon, Ariz.8 p.m.P12 Networks
Oct. 3Oregon*Boulder, Colo.3:30 p.m.
Oct. 6Oregon State*Boulder, Colo.3 p.m.P12 Networks
Oct. 10UCLA*Los Angeles, Calif.6 p.m.P12 Networks
Oct. 13Southern California*Los Angeles, Calif.2 p.m.P12 Networks
Oct. 19Arizona State*Boulder, Colo.1 p.m.
Oct. 24Stanford*Boulder, Colo.3 p.m.P12 Networks
Oct. 27California*Boulder, Colo.1 p.m.
Oct. 31Washington*Seattle, Wash.8 p.m.P12 Networks
Nov. 3Washington State*Pullman, Wash.12 p.m.
Nov. 7Utah*Salt Lake City, UtahTBDP12 Networks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
"

Link to "live" schedule - https://cubuffs.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc
*CU Buff fan sees a home opener against Drake*

IllLateIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

two years back when Cu played at Florida for he NCAA lacrosse I watched the Florida feed and they had a venue that I think could be copied at prentup and Potts. They had a field and a stadium and on the other side of the stadium they hand another field and the stadium had stands on both sides. With Potts and Prentup being side by side that could be option for stands and locker rooms on the east side of prenup and west side of Potts.

Wanted to note the 2019 roster (https://cubuffs.com/roster.aspx?path=wsoc&roster=510&sort=class) looks to be updated. A few things I see:
  • All 9 known incoming (2019) freshmen noted in the recruiting thread (https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/recruiting-news-olympic-sports.101643/) are on the roster (never know for sure all incoming freshmen end up showing up at a college or not), and bios have been added for them (although most don't have photos yet).
  • Midfielder/ forward Emily Groark, who is a sophomore this season, is no longer on the roster. After starting 16 out of 19 matches last season (out of 20 matches total), assume she will be missed. (From a Google search, looks like Ms. Groark, who is from St. Peters, MO, went back to her home area as, per http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211806484), she's now at St. Louis U.. Best wishes to her.)
  • Assumed it was going to show this way eventually, but in earlier rosters, defender Hannah Cardenas, who was lost to injury last season in the 3rd match after leading the team in minutes as a freshman, had been listed as a junior in more preliminary 2019 rosters. She is now showing, as I expected, as a redshirt sophomore.
  • The roster size this season, at least as of this schedule, totals 24 players. (Last season had 23.) The composition of the roster by class:
    • 9 freshmen (All "true" freshmen)
    • 7 sophomores (3 I believe have used redshirt years; 2 transferred in at some point after starting at another college.)
    • 2 juniors (1 transferred in at some point after starting at another college.)
    • 6 seniors (2 I believe have used redshirt years; 1 transferred in at some point after starting at another college.)

Heard a week or so ago that Emily Groark had transferred to St. Louis U, near her hometown. Apparently she was really homesick. The Buffs will miss her as she was technically and tactically talented. I figured she would be key piece in the future with Taylor Kornieck being a senior this season.

As for the roster, it's interesting to note that there are now three goalkeepers on the roster. Looks like freshman Megan Short is the latest addition.

Last edited:
Looks like the team is assembled and ready for the final training period leading up to the Aug. 22 official season opener!

(I don't know the whole team to identify them individually, but I'm actually counting one more person in the photo (25) vs. the current roster size (24) on cubuffs.com. Don't know if they had a guest or coach in the photo, or if someone's going to be added to the roster later?)

"We are excited to add Haileigh to our squad for this year," Sanchez stated. "She has had tremendous success at Grambling State, in addition to earning a call up to a U19 National Team Camp. Haileigh will add great depth and completion to our backline."

Adams, a 5-foot-7 defender, was the 2018 Southwestern Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year. She started 22 games as a sophomore, helping solidify a backline that recorded 11 shutout victories. Adams was a workhorse for the Lady Tigers, who finished one win shy of the NCAA Tournament. She led the team with 1,940 minutes.

Was just going to post after seeing the tweet. Adams looks like a really strong addition for this year's squad.

The new schedule is putting games on Thursday instead of friday is good for the team but tough on fans to get to Prentep. George mentioned in his press conference how they needed lights for Prentep and this just underlines that point

(For those who didn't watch the fall sport media day press conference (see post #85), looks like the Buffs' 1st match this season will be Coach Sanchez's 500th match as a college head coach, with his career record heading into the season being (if I'm calculating correctly) 350-108-41 (119-82-29 at the D1 level, including 83-48-18 for the Buffs).)

Back