What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

Saban dominated Urban?

I don’t remember it that way. I seem to recall Urban beating Alabama at both Florida and OSU.
Saban took over at Alabama in 2007. They didn't play that year. Florida was at the height of its powers and Alabama was a rebuild at that time.

2008 - Florida beats Alabama in SEC Championship 31-20 & Urban wins a national title
2009 - Alabama beats Florida in SEC Championship 32-13 & Saban wins a national title
2010 - Alabama beats Florida to start October 31-6 & Urban develops a heart condition, finds religion & dedicates himself to life balance - causing him to announce his retirement after an 8-5 season

if Sac State hired HCMM, the Sac State-UC Davis game will be the Buffalo Dung Bowl.
I don't want to like this since it's such a terrible joke, but well, I think the only thing more allbuffs than a terrible joke is a terrible pun.

Mack Brown hire will be interesting. When he was a UNC before he was an elite recruiter and started that way at Texas. He ended up getting lazy. He definitely knows what P5 head coaching is all about. I just wonder if he will have the intensity it requires.

Mack Brown hire will be interesting. When he was a UNC before he was an elite recruiter and started that way at Texas. He ended up getting lazy. He definitely knows what P5 head coaching is all about. I just wonder if he will have the intensity it requires.
Guessing he has a young coach in waiting type. Maybe Kingsbury. Leave him to do the daily grind

He also had discipline issues at Texas, which was an issue for the past staff at UNC? One thing he does have is P5 ties to assistants everywhere he can pull from. This was another issue I felt like Mac had. He brought his whole staff because he had to.

Footballscoop reporting that Locksley to Maryland is all but official, just waiting for the end of the SEC championship.
http://footballscoop.com/news/update-marylands-head-coaching-search/

Just read that. This will take out a job that is on the level of CU without doing anything to the candidate pool. This is about local ties, not getting the absolute best coach that that Maryland can. Just like North Carolina played it this year.

Looking more and more like CU picked a great year to hire a new coach.

Surprised that Todd Graham's name has not come up more in coaching searches.
I was thinking the same thing. At first I thought maybe Norvell was getting credit for Graham's successes within coaching/AD circles. But it's not like we've been hearing Norvell's name either. Weird.

He could end up in Lubbock.
I think Todd Graham would be an excellent hire for Texas Tech.

And I mean that both as an impartial observer who thinks he'd improve that program and as a Buffs homer who wants to see another competitive job opening filled by a guy that CU wouldn't have on its short list.

After the suck of CU football since 2005, are we really in a position to be as choosy as other programs that has had more success in the same time frame when it comes to the HC?

Actually, yes. CU is probably the best job opening in college football right now.
Not only that, but it's hard for me to see any job that's more attractive becoming open- maybe VT, Mizzou, or GT? But if you're a top candidate, do you really want to wait and gamble that one of those becomes open?

Everything that was going to for sure come open that was even close to CU has already been filled with the exception of TT, and I don't see many, if any, more P5 jobs opening up unless a candidate is already in place (ala Auburn) or it's completely unexpected (Urban). This means no jobs coming open because of the secondary market, either.

Back