What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

That dam is going to crack. Only reason he's not already gone is because they need someone else to confirm the comments.

Guess the old guard needs to be given the boot when it comes to that kind of thinking & behavior. Guess it took all those sex scandals for the dam to break and we are getting news like this everywhere. While it's sad that a lot of people are having to suffer from being sexually assaulted, it's refreshing that American society as a whole is stepping up to squash this type of behavior hopefully for good.

#Metoo

Might be a better fit for this past year's thread.......but Sparkles might have found himself a new gig

That dam is going to crack. Only reason he's not already gone is because they need someone else to confirm the comments.

Yup, sounds like the decision is made. Now the lawyers want some extra time to make sure that they can make a firing for cause stick without any risk.

If he said it or even close they will find it and he should be fired with his contract cancelled and zero further compensation.

Wow. From HC at one of the top five programs in the country to WR coach. I suppose if there’s any solace it’s thatnhes still at a top five program.

Wow. From HC at one of the top five programs in the country to WR coach. I suppose if there’s any solace it’s thatnhes still at a top five program.

Or Harbaugh had an opening for a WR coach and saw a chance to bring in a guy with HC experience and see what he can add at a WR coaches salary.

He didn't get fired for cause and if I'm not mistaken he would still be in the time covered by his UF contract. That contract probably has an offset clause so whatever he gets paid by Mich comes off his UF money.

Or Harbaugh had an opening for a WR coach and saw a chance to bring in a guy with HC experience and see what he can add at a WR coaches salary.

He didn't get fired for cause and if I'm not mistaken he would still be in the time covered by his UF contract. That contract probably has an offset clause so whatever he gets paid by Mich comes off his UF money.
IIRC, Florida used his lie about getting death threats to claim he was out of compliance with his contract and did, indeed fire him for cause. Somebody who knows better can correct me if that’s wrong.

IIRC, Florida used his lie about getting death threats to claim he was out of compliance with his contract and did, indeed fire him for cause. Somebody who knows better can correct me if that’s wrong.

Interesting stuff if so.

This would be a logical transition job for him though. Unless he just wants to get out of the limelight for a while I would expect that he will be looking for a job next year as a coordinator someplace with an eye on eventually getting another HC job someplace, probably G5 again.

McElwain negotiated a settlement with Florida.

He is being brought on with the idea he may eventually be the OC. Basically, Tim Drevno (5 years, $5 million) and Pep Hamilton (4 years, $4.25 million) make so much as essentially Co-OCs that Harbaugh/UM AD were not willing to eat the cost of firing them after one season under those contracts. Before Dan Enos bolted for Bama, he had the same title as McElwain does now, with a contract provision which would have automatically doubled his salary if he was eventually named OC.

Quick promotion for Sparkles?

Michigan and former offensive coordinator Tim Drevno have parted ways, a source confirmed to ESPN.com on Friday.
Drevno, a longtime assistant of Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh, had been the Wolverines' offensive coordinator and offensive line coach for the past three seasons. His departure was first reported by The Wolverine Lounge.
It was a mutual decision, a source told ESPN's Tom VanHaaren.

A couple more moves:

ex-Michigan OC and former USC OL coach has been hired by USC in kind of a weird move.

Alabama also with the weird move. Why would anyone want Butch Jones on staff? Offensive Analyst, reportedly.

Wouldn't be the first time Saban and Alabama have hired a former head coach and rehabilitated their reputation.

Isn’t it obvious? Alabama has won the football championship lots of times, but they still lack that “Life Championship” that was seemingly so easy for Butch Jones to get.

If you think Alabama fans are tough to deal with now, just wait until they start piling up Life Championships.

Back