What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

I don't think they have what it takes to be more than a good G5 program in football along with a bit more potential than that in basketball. They're like a St. John's or DePaul in that private city university lane, but with a D1 football team. They are about twice the size of Boston College, though, so I guess you never know.

Temple is a public school with an asterisk more than it is a private university, no?

Temple is a public school with an asterisk more than it is a private university, no?
Yeah all three of the major "public schools" in Pennsylvania (Penn State, Pitt, and Temple) are different than in other states due to the "Commonwealth" which makes them state-related but not public or private as usual (Rutgers is similiar). Temple was founded as a religious (Baptist) private school and along with Pitt (and Lincoln) became "state-related" in the 1960's.

Yeah all three of the major "public schools" in Pennsylvania (Penn State, Pitt, and Temple) are different than in other states due to the "Commonwealth" which makes them state-related but not public or private as usual (Rutgers is similiar). Temple was founded as a religious (Baptist) private school and along with Pitt (and Lincoln) became "state-related" in the 1960's.

Penn is also a really good school. Pennsylvania is like Iowa and North Carolina in my opinion.....as someone who worked at CU and U Denver for ten years....states that "get" public education without being assholes about taxes. Colorado is not that state but CU lives on jacked up out of state tuition with way more out of state students than most schools..... and a bloated admin that is somehow always "out of money".....that is something i never get.....and deserves criticism.

Any university in the state of PA is forbidden to have a sorority house on campus. Its some weird law that constitutes it as being a brothel. Useless knowledge.

Penn is also a really good school. Pennsylvania is like Iowa and North Carolina in my opinion.....as someone who worked at CU and U Denver for ten years....states that "get" public education without being assholes about taxes. Colorado is not that state but CU lives on jacked up out of state tuition with way more out of state students than most schools..... and a bloated admin that is somehow always "out of money".....that is something i never get.....and deserves criticism.

The University of Pennsylvannia is a private school...

If I didn't live in Colorado, I would have serious reservations about sending my kid to CU based on the price. Tuition is three times as much for out-of-state students... I would direct them to the public flagship of the state we lived in instead.

Totally agree with both of these points. I like Babers a lot as a coach and hope he puts Cuse back on the map. Kids really seem to like him too. MacPherson was a legend in Syracuse. Pasqualoni had things going well but he was the worst ever with the media. Marrone was a D-bag. Just my thoughts I guess. Hope they crush WVA and Halgorsens bald ass.

I do not know if they can keep up. Seems every Syracuse game has had the same scenario all year. Do well the first two drives, the opponent makes adjustments and then the offense just goes to **** for about 2 quarters or more.

If I didn't live in Colorado, I would have serious reservations about sending my kid to CU based on the price. Tuition is three times as much for out-of-state students... I would direct them to the public flagship of the state we lived in instead.

The in state vs out of state tuition disparity is the case with most major public universities.

Any university in the state of PA is forbidden to have a sorority house on campus. Its some weird law that constitutes it as being a brothel. Useless knowledge.
I can't believe they still haven't changed that. I remember that when I was in college and the running jokes about it.

(FS) Sacramento State (FCS): Sac State is close to making their hire sources tell FootballScoop. A look at the guys they are interested in (per sources).

Sources indicated there are four candidates Sac State strongly considered to replace Jody Sears, and all have strong local ties, either as Sacramento natives or as Sacramento State graduates. Those strong candidates, per sources, are Utah offensive coordinator Troy Taylor, Nevada assistant head coach/offensive line coach Angus McClure, American River College head coach Jon Osterhout and former Colorado co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Klayton Adams.

I can't believe they still haven't changed that. I remember that when I was in college and the running jokes about it.
how many universities have sororities or fraternities on campus? In Boulder, is sorority row considered on campus?

how many universities have sororities or fraternities on campus? In Boulder, is sorority row considered on campus?
It's not that. It is some old PA state law that makes it so that if there are more than a certain number of women living in the same house it is considered a brothel. :ROFLMAO:

It's not that. It is some old PA state law that makes it so that if there are more than a certain number of women living in the same house it is considered a brothel. :ROFLMAO:
i understand lol. just wondering what constitutes "on campus"?

(FS) Sacramento State (FCS): Sac State is close to making their hire sources tell FootballScoop. A look at the guys they are interested in (per sources).

Sources indicated there are four candidates Sac State strongly considered to replace Jody Sears, and all have strong local ties, either as Sacramento natives or as Sacramento State graduates. Those strong candidates, per sources, are Utah offensive coordinator Troy Taylor, Nevada assistant head coach/offensive line coach Angus McClure, American River College head coach Jon Osterhout and former Colorado co-offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Klayton Adams.

How on earth is Adams in play as a head coach for anything?

i understand lol. just wondering what constitutes "on campus"?

Stanford's Fraternities and Sororities are squarely "on-campus"... like, interspersed between the buildings and dorms. I can't think of another like that, at least in the Pac-12. I've been to every campus. Most are like CU, adjacent but very much in the town, not on the campus.

University of Maryland (I went to highschool at DeMatha right down the road) has all their fraternities on campus on a “frat row,” I also saw the same at University of Alabama. But at Bama the frats are RIGHT across the street from Bryant stadium...those kids probably have awesome weekends.

As for the actual thread, how the **** is Klayton Adams getting a HC look?

Are you trying to get my hopes up?

University of Maryland (I went to highschool at DeMatha right down the road) has all their fraternities on campus on a “frat row,” I also saw the same at University of Alabama. But at Bama the frats are RIGHT across the street from Bryant stadium...those kids probably have awesome weekends.

As for the actual thread, how the **** is Klayton Adams getting a HC look?

Come to think of it, Wyoming has that as well.

Both my parents went to Sacramento State, my dad follows their FB relatively closely... He thinks McClure and that Adams is the least likely of the four listed.

i agree. my sister works at U North Carolina and tuition there is really small compared to compared to CU. i went to grad school at CU and taught for 10 years....i wouldn't pay it. in state at UNC is 2/3 of CU and still a "public ivy" despite giving away degrees for hoops players and no real penalty.

The in state vs out of state tuition disparity is the case with most major public universities.

but very few public state universities have almost 50% out of state kids like CU. UNC has a mandate that 85% of the students are in state. think how cash strapped CU would be without 35% out of state tuition?

one of cu's unique problems....half the alum base is elsewhere....chicago, new england, california, texas lately.....that treated like dog**** in the local major market pro sports media....

Utah State's not fooling around. Yes, they're hiring retreads for HC and OC. But for a G5 program to get guys who have had the jobs that Andersen & Sanford have had is pretty big time for them.

Utah State's not fooling around. Yes, they're hiring retreads for HC and OC. But for a G5 program to get guys who have had the jobs that Andersen & Sanford have had is pretty big time for them.

josh heupel was their OC few years ago....they've been committed for a while. still i'm glad that USU Wells migration was to LubTex and not Boulder.

but very few public state universities have almost 50% out of state kids like CU. UNC has a mandate that 85% of the students are in state. think how cash strapped CU would be without 35% out of state tuition?

one of cu's unique problems....half the alum base is elsewhere....chicago, new england, california, texas lately.....that treated like dog**** in the local major market pro sports media....

It is closer to 60-40 than 50-50. Other schools and other states aren’t as interesting for out of staters as Colorado is for them (duh). Enrollment is also increasing. I don’t view this as a problem.

It is closer to 60-40 than 50-50. Other schools and other states aren’t as interesting for out of staters as Colorado is for them (duh). Enrollment is also increasing. I don’t view this as a problem.

i do think it should be viewed as a problem. because CU is always out of money. i worked there for 10 years.....and CU is always out of money with higher out of state % and tuition than states that do it right. like Iowa and North Carolina..

Back