What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 MBB Coaching Carousel

Unbiased opinion sought from those not wearing orange and maroon glasses who follow this stuff...

What's the probability on Buzz Willams leaving for A&M?

BYU's coach retired, Nebraska's quit or was gonna be fired, probably, and Arkansas's was fired.

No ill will towards BYU and Dave Rose, but I do enjoy the fact that his last game was a beat down at the hands of my Toreros.

Word is, he's one of the favorites for it. It'll come down to the same things it normally does. One, is he happy at Va Tech and satisfied money wise, just the life there, too? Family ties into that, of course. If he thinks he can win a title as a Hokie, I'm sure that would enter into it as well. I know A&M really wants him, not much more than that. I didn't know he was a native Texan, that might be something he wants to get back to.

Last edited:
I understand the Nubs aren't happy with being 2nd to last in the conference, but they probably need to understand that a program that was a doormat in the Big 8 and Big 12 isn't exactly going to come in and tear it up in the Big Ten.

Unbiased opinion sought from those not wearing orange and maroon glasses who follow this stuff...

What's the probability on Buzz Willams leaving for A&M?

He gone.

Gary Parrish had a great point on this one - he said that when Buzz first went to VaTech, he sat down with him and asked why. He was leaving a successful program that loved him and he had had impressive success there (E8, two S16's and only one year where they didn't dance). Buzz told him the same thing that anyone following CU under Tad has experienced - if you hit those heights at a place and are loved, there's only one place to go in the fans mind - down. So he talked about how he kind of liked getting a new start every 5 or so years. Add his Texas background and the fact the Aggies will write a check that just says "$Texas" in the dollar amount and I'm guessing he's gone.

Nate Oats is leaving Buffalo for Alabama.
Certainly can't blame him for taking that promotion. Gonna be tough to win there, but it's hard to imagine that Buffalo hasn't peaked as a program.

Good coach, but I'm disappointed.

I'd seen a couple college hoops writers speculate that Rick Pitino could be in play for that job. It would have been the ultimate fit for a program embracing its DNA to win with no apologies. Too bad it didn't happen.
If they have any hopes of a PAC 12 invite, they can’t be hiring guys like Pitino. Not that I disagree with you. I think it would have been a great fit, but I get the sense that they still view themselves as a potential expansion candidate and want to clean up their image. Whether they truly are a potential expansion candidate remains to be seen. Their football team needs to get a lot better first.

This should go in the “best tweet” today thread. It is art.
I was actually going to put it there at first.
help me out, I"m not getting it. I get the Hall 'n Oates play, but what's the "PAAAWWWWLLLL" reference about?
I always forget if the reference is about Phyllis, Tammy (RIP), or all callers in general but:

Last edited:
I was actually going to put it there at first.

I always forget if the reference is about Phyllis, Tammy (RIP), or all callers in general but:

thanks for trying to help, but I'm still not getting it. Neither of those callers stretched out the pronunciation of Finebaum's first name as the tweet's phonetic spelling would suggest. what am I missing here?

thanks for trying to help, but I'm still not getting it. Neither of those callers stretched out the pronunciation of Finebaum's first name as the tweet's phonetic spelling would suggest. what am I missing here?
Granted the tweet may have thrown in a few extra Ws for emphasis, but the first Paul at the beginning of Tammy’s video definitely sounds elongated to my northern ears (as do the rest of the ‘Paul’s).
Though to be fair, I was looking for a more exaggerated version to post and couldn’t find one quick enough.

Granted the tweet may have thrown in a few extra Ws for emphasis, but the first Paul at the beginning of Tammy’s video definitely sounds elongated to my northern ears (as do the rest of the ‘Paul’s).
Though to be fair, I was looking for a more exaggerated version to post and couldn’t find one quick enough.
ok, making fun of southern speech impediments accents in a general way. not surprised I missed the reference. thanks.

ok, making fun of southern speech impediments accents in a general way. not surprised I missed the reference. thanks.

The extended “Paul” from many callers on the Finebaum show is part of the show’s mosaic. It is funny and intriguing when it’s juxtaposed to PF’s straight man personae.

LOL. I guess Cal has decided to not try.

I'm not sure that makes the Pac-12 stronger. Unless we go with Cal becoming mediocre is an improvement. Fox looks like he can deliver mediocrity and have Cal looking at NIT or CBI type seasons.

Does Cal have higher academic requirements for athletes than the rest of the Pac12? Seems like it should be a favorable place for recruiting.

Back