What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 MBB Coaching Carousel

I'm very surprised that Mike Anderson didn't have more success at Arkansas. Hard to go home, I guess.

i was a fan of Anderson for a long time but he really underwhelmed at UA. Arkansas basketball and football seem like they've been in a bad place for quite a while. I wonder....

Are Tech fans not happy? Seriously, that's about as great of a hire as they could get. That's an awesome one.

My neighborhood has many Tech alums. The ones who follow bball said they like the hire during today’s AM dog walk.

Mike Young is a very, very good basketball coach-and I thought he was probably going to Tennessee when I saw the stuff about Barnes and UCLA until you guys snapped him up. If I'm the Vols, I'm calling Jamie Dixon if Barnes heads west.

Last edited:
Are Tech fans not happy? Seriously, that's about as great of a hire as they could get. That's an awesome one.
message boards and twitter - seems like most wanted a splashier higher. Wojo was probably the fan favorite.

have to trust the AD.

I don't get why UCLA would be having such a problem. Expectations and pressure out of line with what they're willing to pay? Because, as I've sad a number of times, the Bruins could hire any one of us idots to be its head coach and we'd be able to deliver Top 25 recruiting classes there. It is not a hard job compared to a lot of other places.

UCLA hiring a guy who can actually coach. Watch out.
Just coming in to say the same. I like Tad, but this guy is really good. Time to step up a level. Could the Pac12 begin a March toward overall conference respectability? Ernie Kent is gone after all . . .

Was apparently a “Marketing Rep” for adidas before joining Hurley’s staff.

Coleman, 33, grew up in Southern California and grew into basketball, entering high school as a 5-foot-9 freshman and leaving as a 6-9 forward. He spent the first three years of his college career at Xavier – playing on a Thad Matta-coached team that included an assistant coach named Sean Miller – and his final full season at Long Beach State, where he averaged 12.3 points and five rebounds.

From there, Coleman played six years professionally, splitting time among the NBA's Development League, Germany and Japan, where he had one season cut short because of the devastating earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

This is Coleman's first college coaching job, but not his first opportunity. Nevada coach Eric Musselman has talked with Coleman the past two years about joining his staff. He got to know Coleman in the D-League, coaching him with the Los Angeles D-Fenders.

Even back then, Musselman knew Coleman one day would make a good coach. Coleman asked questions, he communicated well, he took his craft seriously.

Coleman was a key recruiter with the Sun Devils, helping ASU land several players, including Pac-12 Freshman of the Year Luguentz Dort and junior forward Romello White. He also worked closely with the team's forwards. He was described as instrumental in the development of White and graduated forward De'Quon Lake.

Last edited:
Wow ... have to wonder why he left AZ State for another PAC 12 assistant position ... maybe he was impressed with Tad and the culture that Tad has built at Colorado? Also, Hurley being a name that gets a lot of attention ... seems odd that he would leave. Hope it is all good.

On the other board I read he left with the impression he had a job with UNLV. Our good fortune
never mind just saw it was already posted.

According to a story in the Los Angeles Times in March of 2018 Coleman was among a number of individuals whose communications were subpoenaed as part of a federal grand jury in New York investigating bribery and corruption in college basketball.
The subpoena requested communications between North Carolina State's athletic department and Coleman, who worked for Adidas at the time, although his link connection to that school is unclear.

Back