What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 volleyball off-season news (Black and Gold Scrimmage Sat. 8/18- 3:00 PM)

Forgot to mention it will also be interesting as a fan to see, competitively, what (if there are any) stats show after this season as to how/ if the shortening of the break between the 2nd and 3rd period decreased "come from behind" victories (in a sport which is probably one of if not THE most momentum/ emotional roller coaster of them all). The change obviously gives coaches less time to identify/ absorb what issues need to be addressed from the 1st 2 sets, come up what changes (based of course on their specific personnel and how they're playing that match) to fix the issues, and finally to effectively communicate those changes to the players.
(In effect, this change is making volleyball the 1st team sport at CU which doesn't really have a "halftime".)

Even watching on television, I used the 10 minute break for grabbing something to eat, bathroom break, etc. I didn't turn the channel.

Oh well. I wasn't asked but I will miss things like Serve It Up, another long time CU tradition.

Just wanted to mention it looks like the Buffs may have a pretty big un-anticipated (at least to me) hole (at minimum in experience) to fill this season, as senior Frankie Shebby is suddenly no longer appearing on this season's roster. For those who don't follow the team that closely, she started every match she played in last season (31 out of 34 total Buff matches), and was a SOLID 6 rotation outside hitter for the Buffs who was 2nd on the team in kills, 1st in serves received, 3rd in digs and 4th in blocks last season, her 1st playing for CU (after transferring from Oregon a couple seasons ago and red-shirting the 2016 season).

Assuming her deletion from the roster is accurate and permanent, hope one or more of the younger players successfully seize the opportunity this opening will provide, and best wishes to Ms. Shebby where ever her path leads.
That is very sad. She was a monster in the match at Oregon last year and was willing to get a picture with my daughter afterwards. We talked to her family a bit as well. I think she’ll be hard to replace.

Direct link to article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/8/13/volleyball-set-to-host-black-gold-scrimmage-saturday.aspx

"
BOULDER—The University of Colorado volleyball team will host its annual Black & Gold Scrimmage at the CU Events Center on Saturday, August 18, at 3 p.m.

Admission is free and doors open at 2:30 p.m. Parking is also free in the RG Zone lot (parking structure) next to the events center.

After spending almost a full week (August 11-17) at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., the Buffs will be able to put it all together in a match format in front of the fans over the course of four sets.
"

That is very sad. She was a monster in the match at Oregon last year and was willing to get a picture with my daughter afterwards. We talked to her family a bit as well. I think she’ll be hard to replace.

Yes, very bad news. She was my favorite player to watch. Any news as to why she isn't on the team any longer?

In the Pac Coaches poll, the vball team joins soccer in being picked to finish 5th in the conference. (Looks like the coaches are anticipating a close battle behind heavy favorite Stanford, with the Buffs only 11 points out of 2nd place, while being 16 pints ahead of 6th place.)

Also, congrats to Naghede Abu and Alexa Smith for being named to the pre-season all-conference team.

Direct link to article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/8/15/...smith-named-to-preseason-all-pac-12-team.aspx

Back