What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019-20 CU MBB Schedule & Scholarship Roster

Dombek never played, and Kountz was unplayable. Good attrition.
I think Kountz is spectacular attrition. athletic but a living breathing turnover. I don't know about Dombek because we never saw him play. Watching him in warmups I know he is VERY athletic but I also know he still needs about 40 pounds to keep from getting pushed around like a leaf in the wind. Hope they both go somewhere and do well and that Tad can find someone solid this time.

With Gatling gone, there was OT available. Hopefully this means that Barthelemey is as good as projected, rather than Kountz being jaded. Kountz regressed as the year went on while Parquet improved noticeably.

With Gatling gone, there was OT available. Hopefully this means that Barthelemey is as good as projected, rather than Kountz being jaded. Kountz regressed as the year went on while Parquet improved noticeably.
Whether Bey, Kin and whoever you want to name left the program after last year, there was no way Kountz was going to see the court next year. That dude has regressed like crazy and his attitude sucked down the stretch. He will likely find a niche as a role player at a Big Sky-type school (Hell, maybe DU where he can go 6-23 every year). We got instantly better with Dombek and Kountz leaving. Now, what Tad does with those roster spots likely decides if he is still here in another 2 years.

Agreed on Parquet. His play the last couple months was encouraging and he should have earned an expanded role next season.

So this is who we think we know will be here next year.
Tad

Barthelemy, Parquet, Daniels, Schwarz, Clifford, O'Brien

Battey

Wright????
Walton????

Need 4 to 6 more. We're hitting both ends of the recruiting spectrum. Kids that leave early for the pros and kids that leave as underclassmen because Tad whiffed.

And here I was down on Luke O'Brien, heck he may be starting next year.

be honest, Kountz is very good attrition. Stop with the BS
Attrition, whether good or bad has to be judged on what is put in its place, as well as the mood on the team and the way they were playing. Seems like any form of chemistry was dead at the end of the year? If it works out better, then good for us, but the way Tad talks about the players all the time, always seems to take the blame for player development off of Tad and the coaches. Every single player, even Battey and even Kin regressed, so good attrition, as well as chemistry, are all out of wack!!!

Schedule question-Rooney says we're playing TCU in Vegas in December, but the MGM website says we're actually playing **** Bailer (which I'd prefer for a couple reasons). Tweeted Pat, but he hasn't responded. You guys know anything?

Doesn’t mean he won’t be back.

Same thing with Bey. You can declare for the draft provided you don't hire an agent IIRC-especially given 2nd round NBA draft picks don't get guaranteed money. Both kids are doing the right thing.

Bey’s wording leaves me wondering if he kept his eligibility.

Tad's always been pretty wise counsel for his players on the NBA draft-didn't he encourage Dinwiddie to go because most everyone thought he'd be a first rounder?

So this is who we think we know will be here next year.
Tad

Barthelemy, Parquet, Daniels, Schwarz, Clifford, O'Brien

Battey

Wright????
Walton????

Need 4 to 6 more. We're hitting both ends of the recruiting spectrum. Kids that leave early for the pros and kids that leave as underclassmen because Tad whiffed.

And here I was down on Luke O'Brien, heck he may be starting next year.

Wright will be back. Especially if we sign a couple of good transfers to ease his mind. So what you likely have next year is:
PG - Wright
G - Parquet
SF - Schwartz
SF - Transfer
PF - Battey

1st guard off bench - Barthelemy
1st forward off bench - Transfer
2nd guard off bench - Daniels
2nd "forward" off bench - Walton

And if Tad (as he should) can get a stud off guard/wing, that guy starts over Parquet as well. If Clifford or O'Brien see the floor next year they have either made INCREDIBLE progress in the off season or we've ended up with real depth issues. Neither is no where near ready at this point.

Depending on transfers, this team could win 14 or it could win 22 next year. The most essential piece is getting a 6-8 to 6-10, 10ppg/6rpg type guy to compliment or relieve Battey.

This is easily Tad's most critical off season.

Back