What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Allbuffs Bracket Challenge

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Group: Allbuffs
http://allbuffsdance.mayhem.cbssports.com

People who participated in the past should have received an email, but it is open to everyone.

Who is gonna be this year's team like the Loyola-Chicago, Syracuse, South Carolina and Butler squads of previous years that makes us all look stupid?

Which top seed pulls a Kansas by bowing out way too early? (Maybe Kansas, actually.)

ncaa-bids-2019-bracket-march-madness_1.jpg

Apparently it is a closed group, so if you want to play you need to PM me with your email so I can invite you through the site.

Okay. One of the most fun bets ever, is to bet every game in the tourney with a friend - either all the underdogs or all the favorites, using the published point spreads. I've done this for $1 to $5 per game and in the end very little money changed hands. What it does is give you a betting interest that makes each game a bit more enjoyable. If someone out there wants to trust me, I'll take all the underdogs, in all rounds, at $2 a game (I'm a 2x CU grad, which makes me very trustworthy. On the other hand, I'm a lawyer).

Michigan state got absolutely screwed. Why did they get Duke as the one seed? Was there a revealed why on that?

Michigan state got absolutely screwed. Why did they get Duke as the one seed? Was there a revealed why on that?
They said it was the best geographic/regional fit for MSU.
Edit:
"We don't look at matchups, necessarily," NCAA Tournament selection committee chair Bernard Muir said. "It's more trying to assign teams to their natural and closest region."
Muir said the committee didn't feel comfortable moving the Spartans above Tennessee on the seed list based on the two teams' total bodies of work. Tennessee finished with one more win and three spots higher in the NET. The Spartans had four more "Quadrant 1 wins" but also two more Quadrant 2 losses.

Izzo's just bitching as a motivational ploy. What's it matter if you meet Duke in the Elite 8, Final 4 or Championship? If you're in the field to win a title, you've got to beat them and other great teams at some point.

Besides, after his history of coddling rapists on his team and staff along with the general awfulness of the MSU administration with how it has handled issues around abuse of women on its campus, I wish nothing good upon Sparta.

Izzo's just bitching as a motivational ploy. What's it matter if you meet Duke in the Elite 8, Final 4 or Championship? If you're in the field to win a title, you've got to beat them and other great teams at some point.

Besides, after his history of coddling rapists on his team and staff along with the general awfulness of the MSU administration with how it has handled issues around abuse of women on its campus, I wish nothing good upon Sparta.

Politics and moral values aside, you beat a team three times in a season, including the conference tournament championship, you should probably get the higher seed. And I think it matters for recruits whether you make the final 4 or the Elite 8. Plus the money it brings to advance each game. I mean, imagine CU and USC this year. We’d be pretty pissed if USC got the better treatment.

Politics and moral values aside, you beat a team three times in a season, including the conference tournament championship, you should probably get the higher seed. And I think it matters for recruits whether you make the final 4 or the Elite 8. Plus the money it brings to advance each game. I mean, imagine CU and USC this year. We’d be pretty pissed if USC got the better treatment.
Did Michigan get the better treatment, though? Everyone seems focused on the 1-seed in the regions (Duke vs Gonzaga), but I think Michigan may have the toughest 3 & 4 seeds in its region with TTU & FSU. Then they also have a hellish 2nd round game with the winner of Florida-Nevada. Seems to me that the committee loaded Gonzaga's region with teams it thought could go on a run to make the Final 4 (including a very dangerous Buffalo at 6).

Did Michigan get the better treatment, though? Everyone seems focused on the 1-seed in the regions (Duke vs Gonzaga), but I think Michigan may have the toughest 3 & 4 seeds in its region with TTU & FSU. Then they also have a hellish 2nd round game with the winner of Florida-Nevada. Seems to me that the committee loaded Gonzaga's region with teams it thought could go on a run to make the Final 4 (including a very dangerous Buffalo at 6).

Very true!

I haven't really followed sports the last week plus so no conf tournament watching....but all of the 11s look good to me if looking for upsets.

ASU over Buffalo?

Hey...I only KNOW of Buffalo; haven't watched them really play. Sure, ASU has struggled and is inconsistent, but do you think they actually suck? I think they have potential to make a mini-run. For every Davidson in the E8 I have gotten right, I also have UVa in the championship game last year... ...so yeah, of course I could be terribly wrong.

Hey...I only KNOW of Buffalo; haven't watched them really play. Sure, ASU has struggled and is inconsistent, but do you think they actually suck? I think they have potential to make a mini-run. For every Davidson in the E8 I have gotten right, I also have UVa in the championship game last year... ...so yeah, of course I could be terribly wrong.

I had Virginia too last year. Fool me once...

**** is it too late to have my bracket submitted or do they allow late submissions with group owner approval? I have my espn bracket ready to go just didn't pop in here to check

**** is it too late to have my bracket submitted or do they allow late submissions with group owner approval? I have my espn bracket ready to go just didn't pop in here to check
I'll approve it if I have the option as the administrator.

@Bread -- I don't think you'll get in. This was from the Help page:

What is the deadline to enter my Brackets for the Bracket Pool Manager and/or Bracket Challenge?
The deadline for submitting your brackets within the Bracket Manager product is Noon ET on Thursday, March 21, 2019, prior to the start of the 1st round of games.

@Bread -- I don't think you'll get in. This was from the Help page:

What is the deadline to enter my Brackets for the Bracket Pool Manager and/or Bracket Challenge?
The deadline for submitting your brackets within the Bracket Manager product is Noon ET on Thursday, March 21, 2019, prior to the start of the 1st round of games.
Ah darn, well thank you for looking into it. Next year.

We got one guy who was ****ting bricks in that Auburn/NMSU game. Almost lost his champion in the 3rd game of the tournament.

Anyone pick a Belmont upset of Michigan State? I wish I'd had the guts to pull that trigger because the Missouri Valley is usually a good Cinderella pick.

Anyone pick a Belmont upset of Michigan State? I wish I'd had the guts to pull that trigger because the Missouri Valley is usually a good Cinderella pick.

Bradley is keeping it close. It’ll be interesting to see if MSU will just start to dominate physically and wear Belmont out.

Belmont is playing Maryland. Bradley is playing Michigan State.

Bradley is also the team that banned a local journalist from access to their team because he "didn't promote the Bradley brand". **** them.

Thanks for collapsing and ****ing my bracket, Cincinnati. I blame this on the "Bohn Effect". Should have known better. Dammit!

"Case in point — after just one day of March Madness action, just 0.25% of brackets in ESPN's Tournament Challenge remain perfect, according to ESPN Stats & Info. More than 17.2 million brackets were submitted to ESPN this year, and of them, only 42,828 were able to nail the first 16 games of the tournament.

Back