What's new

2019 Football Scholarship Roster

hawg1

Club Member
Club Member
Most impressive position on the entire team is LB. The depth and talent there top to bottom is elite

This defense as a whole is gonna surprise a lot of people this year
Nah. OLB is not near what Tucker wants it to be. Neither is star as good as Taylor is. Look at those positions at UGA. Different than what you see at CU. And I’m not sure I would even call UGA elite at those positions currently. Long ways to go to be good. Then steps to really good, then elite are not even in the thinking at this time. Sorry, reality.

Big Jim

WTF?
Club Member
It's a big step forward to be past the bigbang warm bodies depth charts, but we are missing stars. No stars, no championships.
That is for sure. Parker looks like a player that could develop into a star, half his high school film is of him coving slot receivers.

MiamiBuffs

Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs
Club Member
Most impressive position on the entire team is LB. The depth and talent there top to bottom is elite

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing a couple of those LBs play corner.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
Nah. OLB is not near what Tucker wants it to be. Neither is star as good as Taylor is. Look at those positions at UGA. Different than what you see at CU. And I’m not sure I would even call UGA elite at those positions currently. Long ways to go to be good. Then steps to really good, then elite are not even in the thinking at this time. Sorry, reality.
Who is the #2 Star right now and who are they recruiting to that role?

Medford M.

Define elite. I'll go ahead and say we have 3 or 4 future NFL LB's on the team going into this year, but aside from Landman, I don't see anyone near elite as a player right now.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
Good questions.

Is Robinson the #2 star?

I don’t know who they are recruiting for the position.
Why I asked; I have no idea. There doesn’t seem to be anybody on the current recruit radar who is a clear cut “Star” recruit.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
So that would put them at 83 scholarships and I would assume that at least one of those goes to Shutak who currently seems to be penciled in as a starter. Really wish they were able to bring in a grad transfer CB to at least provide some depth, but doesn't seem likely.

J.R. Ewing

Club Member
Club Member
So that would put them at 83 scholarships and I would assume that at least one of those goes to Shutak who currently seems to be penciled in as a starter. Really wish they were able to bring in a grad transfer CB to at least provide some depth, but doesn't seem likely.
You'd think they could come up with 1 Sr transfer at CB. Even if he's crap, you need some warm bodies.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
You'd think they could come up with 1 Sr transfer at CB. Even if he's crap, you need some warm bodies.
I actually don't mind the top four and think they can be a solid group, assuming they all stay healthy, but yeah, they need a guy who can at least provide some competition and experience there.

J.R. Ewing

Club Member
Club Member
I actually don't mind the top four and think they can be a solid group, assuming they all stay healthy, but yeah, they need a guy who can at least provide some competition and experience there.
You need more warm bodies, even if it's to run drills in practice.

Zapata

Punter who transferred from Vanderbilt, and was supposed to replace Kinney on scholarship this year
If I had a vote, I would give Loy one of the two remaining scholarships. I am sure there are more deserving walk-ons but it appears Loy got a raw deal here.

Zapata

If I had a vote, I would give Loy one of the two remaining scholarships. I am sure there are more deserving walk-ons but it appears Loy got a raw deal here.
NM, didn't see that he transferred. No schollie for you! Come back in 12 months!

Creebuzz

Don’t drain my swamp.
Club Member
Punter who transferred from Vanderbilt, and was supposed to replace Kinney on scholarship this year
Just to add to this, it was a bit of bad luck for Mr. Loy. Kinney was supposed to graduate, but he got injured before playing 4 games and had a redshirt, so he came back this year. That chewed up Loy’s spot and since he was not already on scholarship, he was free to transfer with immediate eligibility. I guess Arkansas needed a punter and off he went. Best of luck to him.

Big Jim

WTF?
Club Member
The guy is getting a bit of airtime here for being a transfer, non-scholarship, non-playing, soccer player.

Creebuzz

Don’t drain my swamp.
Club Member
The guy is getting a bit of airtime here for being a transfer, non-scholarship, non-playing, soccer player.
Well...
a) The intention when he came from Vanderbilt was to be on the roster, on scholarship and the 2019 starting punter.
b) It’s offseason, a recruiting dead period, and there is very little left to talk about
c) Don’t tempt me to start a thread about the long snapping situation

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Given that the reason the "soccer player" isn't on the team anymore is because the guy who took his spot broke his collar bone making a tackle last year and got to redshirt, maybe back off on the fake machismo.