What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 MBB Transfer Thread

An ESPN Top 100 recruit coming out of high school, Ashton-Langford originally commited to UConn, but reopened his recruitment after the Huskies fired assistant coach Glen Miller, and was pegged as an heir apparent to the claim of next great Providence point guard.

For whatever reason, things just never seemed to click, as Ashton-Langford averaged just four points and two assists per game in his two seasons as a Friar. Ashton-Langford has two seasons of eligibility remaining and will not be able to transfer within the Big East, per conference regulations.

This would be a great offseason for the Buffs to take a transfer or two.

I'm not sure we can offer minutes in 2019-20 with all that's coming back (plus Walton & Dombek entering the mix). But having talent ready to play the next season already familiar with D1 hoops and CU's systems in 2020-21 after we lose Lucas, Gatling and likely Bey (along with Del if he makes it back) would be tremendous.

Grad transfer guard would be amazing. Then a guard who sits out a season to play would be acceptable.

But guards. Please guards.
One GT Guard I came across

He will be immediately eligible to play elsewhere next season.
Ingram played in 107 career games and made 93 starts at Alabama. The Theodore, Ala., native ranked second on the team in assists (2.5 apg), third in rebounding (3.8) and fifth in scoring (7.2).

From WA. Kim English and Kin follow. Assume he would have to sit out a year.

An All-Summit League first team selection, Jenkins appeared in all 32 games for the Jackrabbits during the 2018-2019 season, averaging 19.7 points on 45.8 percent shooting with a program-record 112 triples. He also logged 3.4 rebounds and 1.5 assists.
The 6-foot-2 guard ended his sophomore season ranked 25th on the program's all-time scoring list with 1,194 career points.

Got to believe we got another scholarship to play with here, that had Del's name on it.

I may be in the minority, but I still want Del on the team. If he gets his grades right, he's exactly what we need as a glue guy off of the bench. His basketball IQ is high, he plays solid D and he does the little things. That said, with the JUCO signing, I do think we're going to see some attrition and Del would be the most likely bet (or Bey, but I don't think he'll get the grade from the NBA he needs).

I may be in the minority, but I still want Del on the team. If he gets his grades right, he's exactly what we need as a glue guy off of the bench. His basketball IQ is high, he plays solid D and he does the little things. That said, with the JUCO signing, I do think we're going to see some attrition and Del would be the most likely bet (or Bey, but I don't think he'll get the grade from the NBA he needs).

Agree completely. No inside info, but gut feeling is that Del won't be here next year.

I do not understand the love for Deleon ... played 63 games for us, around 15 minutes per game, yet scored <5 ppg, 1 apg, and <1 rpg. Shot 35%. Rarely was a threat to beat anyone off the dribble.

Just another guard bust for Tad. Wish the dude luck, but we have to do way better than that at the 2 spot.

I do not understand the love for Deleon ... played 63 games for us, around 15 minutes per game, yet scored <5 ppg, 1 apg, and <1 rpg. Shot 35%. Rarely was a threat to beat anyone off the dribble.

Just another guard bust for Tad. Wish the dude luck, but we have to do way better than that at the 2 spot.

He was a very very good perimeter defender. On the roster, as constructed, he would be counted on to take the defensive pressure off of McKinley Wright. Ya, his stat sheet is not pretty, but he definitely had an impact when he was on the court, regardless.

As said by Shldr2Shldr he was a defensive dog. Pissed he did not make grades because he could have helped. This game is not all about the O

A 6-7 sophomore wing from Honolulu, Sueing averaged 14.3 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.7 steals this season, all team highs, while starting 30 of 31 games. However, the Golden Bears finished last in the Pac-12 for the second consecutive season at 3-15 (8-23 overall).
Mizzou is rumored favorite

As said by Shldr2Shldr he was a defensive dog. Pissed he did not make grades because he could have helped. This game is not all about the O

Of course, it's not all about offense ... but how many teams at the next level we want to get to have #2 guards who play 15-20 mpg, but contribute almost nothing on one end of the floor? We have to expect better than that.

Of course, it's not all about offense ... but how many teams at the next level we want to get to have #2 guards who play 15-20 mpg, but contribute almost nothing on one end of the floor? We have to expect better than that.
Ask Greg Popovich. He's had a few that learned how to hit timely shots. Always a place for players like that.

Man, no one here wants Deleon playing 15-20 min a game. If he's doing that, either he's taken off or we're in serious trouble. But for a 5-10 mpg guy to provide depth? Hell yeah, sign me up.

Man, no one here wants Deleon playing 15-20 min a game. If he's doing that, either he's taken off or we're in serious trouble. But for a 5-10 mpg guy to provide depth? Hell yeah, sign me up.

Goose is the man and beat me to it. Simple answer and the right one

Back