What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread

IMO you get two steps without a dribble if your next action is a shot or pass.

That means if you’re holding the ball at the three point line, pivoting around looking to pass, you can just take two steps away from the defender without dribbling and then shoot or pass?!

That means if you’re holding the ball at the three point line, pivoting around looking to pass, you can just take two steps away from the defender without dribbling and then shoot or pass?!
Yes. Pivot plus one step is what you get.

Maybe I misread this, because I'm trying to figure out why that's a discussion.

No....if you've already established a pivot foot, that's one step.

You know the old basketball adage, “If ya ain’t travelin’, ya ain’t tryin’.” That is an old basketball adage isn’t it?

I've seen some great basketball today.

And then there's this Purdue-ODU game.

Last edited:
Pretty uneventful day for an NCAA tournament. Still allsome.

Got to figure we'll see some fireworks tomorrow.

You mean other than seed Murray State 12? I felt like they did that to guarantee the 5-12 upset streak continues.
That game felt like a coin flip that shaded to Murray State, though. One hell of a performance by Ja, though, which was really fun to watch.

Yeah, that wasnt even an upset.
Did you pick them into the Sweet 16? I couldn't pull the trigger because I thought FSU was about the worst matchup the committee could have given them in the next round (athletic guards with rim protectors/ offensive rebounders all over the place).

Did you pick them into the Sweet 16? I couldn't pull the trigger because I thought FSU was about the worst matchup the committee could have given them in the next round (athletic guards with rim protectors/ offensive rebounders all over the place).
I don't fill out a bracket. Haven't for probably...13 years or so.

I'm telling you man...you can not win with Tony Bennett's style. The post season is a different beast than the regular season. Even in college.
Wisconsin had a bunch of Sweet 16s & at least one Final 4 playing that style.

I think the style is getting UVA to gaudy records & inflated seeding, but then they’re getting exposed for lacking firepower. Hard to do munch in the Dance without elite NBA talent.

Regardless of that, they sure as hell shouldn’t be losing to 16s.

K-State reminds me of a lot of our teams recently. Talented, work hard on defense, but can't score for ****.

Wisconsin had a bunch of Sweet 16s & at least one Final 4 playing that style.

I think the style is getting UVA to gaudy records & inflated seeding, but then they’re getting exposed for lacking firepower. Hard to do munch in the Dance without elite NBA talent.

Regardless of that, they sure as hell shouldn’t be losing to 16s.
Wisconsin didn't play this slow though. Didn't they play man defense too?

Back