What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 PAC 12 Football News

Wilner and Forde both bringing up RG as a potential replacement at USC. Had to lol at him suggesting Joe Parker from CSU, those fans hate him.

That would really suck for CU though, seems like we finally have a good head coach and he has a great relationship with the AD so losing him before the end of year one would hurt.

Wilner and Forde both bringing up RG as a potential replacement at USC. Had to lol at him suggesting Joe Parker from CSU, those fans hate him.

That would really suck for CU though, seems like we finally have a good head coach and he has a great relationship with the AD so losing him before the end of year one would hurt.

Let's hope RG recognizes the dumpster fire that is 'SC and also how the dumpster fireness of the place is directly related to the douchiness of the boosters.

Let's hope RG recognizes the dumpster fire that is 'SC and also how the dumpster fireness of the place is directly related to the douchiness of the boosters.
Apparently the new president there is pretty impressive, atleast according to Wilner.

Apparently the new president there is pretty impressive, atleast according to Wilner.
Well qualified for sure. Seems to be systematically getting her team in place. Interesting that she passed over senior member of AD for interim role. many think he is a good guy and has run the dept operations for a long time.

That isn't going to be a deterrent for anyone, so let's just hope RG wants to finish what he started at CU, and build a championship caliber program and sustainable Athletic Department with his hand picked football coach.

I have to imagine that both RG and MT would look at USC as a once in a life time blue blood opportunity. I would hope that they would pass because that's where HC's and AD's go to die unless they fit perfectly within the USC culture. I am of the opinion that neither one of them would feel comfortable there and both already know that. The thing that I love about MT and RG is that they seem to really believe in CU and love Boulder....but who ever really knows in the business.

Also, Wilner is okay but he really is starting to rub me the wrong way in his apparent view that all of the P8 schools (and especially USC) should be good/great first, and above/at the expense of the newest 4 members of the P12. CU is in elite company in the P12 with it's football history. That should be relished, not pillaged.

Heard on the radio that the fucla AD is giving season tix holders 4 free tickets to the land thief game. I guess he's trying to make up for last weekend's embarrassment.

Each ticket holder gets to bring 4 friends to watch the bru'uns get waxed by 60 points? Paint me intrigued.
Raise your hand if you thought Herm Edwards would be the home run hire of the '18 off-season. Liars.

Wilner also said he would expect RG to turn the job down if offered.

Because he bleeds black and gold, also Flatirons.

Listen to the Inside Zone podcast he did with CMT and check RG's twitter out-His daughters and their families are both here too-and that's really, really important for RG. I honestly think their new president may try and get the AD she had at North Carolina-Bubba Cunningham. He's pretty highly thought of throughout college athletics.

Raise your hand if you thought Herm Edwards would be the home run hire of the '18 off-season. Liars.

I honestly can't remember what I thought of the hire at the time. Now, I think the jury is still out. He seems to want to play a rough and tumble game, but stripper state has historically been speed-n-flare (WAC days, mostly).

I thought that he’d get the kids to play hard for him and be an honorable representative who ran a clean program.

ASU did need that.

I don’t have a lot of confidence in him as a game manager based on the NFL and I really question NFL guys on their dedication to recruiting. I also don’t like the “program CEO” with coordinators doing so much model.

I have a love /hate relationship with news of coaches and ADs quitting or getting fired at USC.

I love the chaos and tumultuousness of the revolving door, and it's fun to watch them poke holes in their own.

But I hate that it means they now have another chance to get it right, because if /when they do get it right they'll be a monster again.

The only job I see Rick George leaving CU for ATM is the Pac-12 commissioners job should it come open and I'm not sure he would leave for that until CU is on better footing IE CEC and Folsom all shiny and newly renovated for years to come

I have to imagine that both RG and MT would look at USC as a once in a life time blue blood opportunity. I would hope that they would pass because that's where HC's and AD's go to die unless they fit perfectly within the USC culture. I am of the opinion that neither one of them would feel comfortable there and both already know that. The thing that I love about MT and RG is that they seem to really believe in CU and love Boulder....but who ever really knows in the business.

Also, Wilner is okay but he really is starting to rub me the wrong way in his apparent view that all of the P8 schools (and especially USC) should be good/great first, and above/at the expense of the newest 4 members of the P12. CU is in elite company in the P12 with it's football history. That should be relished, not pillaged.
Lol, calm down. Mel Tucker has been very impressive and backed up what he said he would do so far. But he’s only two games into the season. USC isn’t going to try and hire Mel Tucker without even a full season as a college HC under his belt and it would probably take a few years before they would try that. And your post reads as if RG and MT are some sort of package deal, which considering they met under a year ago, that is very unlikely.

USC is an awesome job but I don’t know if RG would move within the conference like that.

Back