What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 PAC 12 Football News

Lol, calm down. Mel Tucker has been very impressive and backed up what he said he would do so far. But he’s only two games into the season. USC isn’t going to try and hire Mel Tucker without even a full season as a college HC under his belt and it would probably take a few years before they would try that. And your post reads as if RG and MT are some sort of package deal, which considering they met under a year ago, that is very unlikely.
I was only responding to Wilners thought that USC might want RG and the comment in this thread that RG might want to hire MT if he were to go there. Both I think are long shots....

I was only responding to Wilners thought that USC might want RG and the comment in this thread that RG might want to hire MT if he were to go there. Both I think are long shots....
Fair enough. Though I think think with USC’s budget whoever their new AD is is going to try and get an Urban or Franklin or someone with that pedigree

RG left a prestigious executive gig in the front office of a major professional sports franchise to come back to Colorado. I don’t think he is easily star struck.
He has a lot of connections in Texas, that is where I would be concerned. Even Mcconaughey gave him a shout out on gameday last weekend when picking the Nebraska game.

Really? What was his reasoning for that?
Dumpster fire of a program in a dumpster fire of a state!

Where else can you find FBI-level investigations of your sports programs, combined with once-extinct Third World diseases re-emerging on the streets (lined with used needles and human sh*t) of your biggest and "best" cities???

Last edited:

Damn. They would owe him 9 million due within a year if they move on from him after this season.

Wow....this stood out to me. While we are all dismayed at the amount of red in Folsom last Saturday, I believe the trajectory in Boulder is such that offers such as this ucla free ticket deal will NOT be happening in Boulder.
it will be fun to see MT continue to build the CU program and suddenly the Denver media will spend time on it and the casual fans will become more committed and new fans gained.

1568215903672.png

Wow....this stood out to me. While we are all dismayed at the amount of red in Folsom last Saturday, I believe the trajectory in Boulder is such that offers such as this ucla free ticket deal will NOT be happening in Boulder.
it will be fun to see MT continue to build the CU program and suddenly the Denver media will spend time on it and the casual fans will become more committed and new fans gained.

View attachment 31446
Dear Bruin Family,
I'm sorry the four hours you spent on the rack was excruciatingly painful. Please accept these tickets for four free hours in our hot poker torture room. We look forward to seeing you Saturday.

Go Bruins!
The UCLA Athletics Department

I don't think Bob Stoops is ever going to coach at the collegiate level again. It seems like he loves doing the semi-pro stuff which is much less time consuming and much less stressful.

He's coaching the Dallas XFL team next year.

I don't think Bob Stoops is ever going to coach at the collegiate level again. It seems like he loves doing the semi-pro stuff which is much less time consuming and much less stressful.

And, OU is paying him a truckload of money to not coach college football.

How do they miss something that obvious? Its also a penalty because the guy landed on top of the blocker, right? Or is that only in the nfl

Pac 12... sigh

The PAC12 is so fricking stupid. That is not worthy of comment and ,IMO, not a penalty. The player leaped through a gap and the blocker angled in to cut him - I would bet that is hardly ever called. You can find a penalty on every play if you look at film long enough. Nothing like trying to crap all over the conferences one quality win this weekend.

The key part is directly over the frame of the opposing player - he leaped through the gap and player moved his 'frame' trying to cut him. It did not affect the play.

I dont know why you guys are against this. Pac 12 is notorious for having the worst refs in college football. Im glad the dude is calling this out, i want the refs to be better and putting them under a microscope is going to help with that

I dont know why you guys are against this. Pac 12 is notorious for having the worst refs in college football. Im glad the dude is calling this out, i want the refs to be better and putting them under a microscope is going to help with that

1. I don't think it was a penalty - you see guys leaping through the gaps on xp and FGs all the time.
2. It would of been a ticky tack call which would of influenced the outcome of the game - not what you really want from officiating.
3. I want games called consistently and fairly - they don't have to be under a microscope.
4. I don't think the PAC 12 is improving anything by this public airing of little mistakes or judgement calls. Do you want your performance review posted on Linkedin. Part of the problem is that talented officials don't want to come work for the PAC 12 because of the bad relationship between the league office and officials.

MIKE LEACH
C, WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS

Washington State HC Mike Leach offered a comprehensive 91-second analysis into the likely winner of a hypothetical Pac-12 Mascot Battle.
Today's Wazzou press conference was vintage Leach. When asked who would win in a Pac-12 Mascot battle Leach tackled the question head-on and appears to have settled on the Buffalo as the likely mascot battle royal champion. HC Leach did stipulate that the Ute could be formidable if armed and needed more defined parameters for what weapons the "Sun Devil" will be allowed to carry into battle. Perhaps Tennessee can fully crater this year to the point they throw their arms up and hire Mike Leach to coach an SEC school. We can dream.

SOURCE: Alyssa Charlston on Twitter
Sep 17, 2019, 9:03 PM ET

Back