What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Pac 12 schedule

USC goes to Washington and you notre fame in back to back weeks. Does Helton make it through?

Nebraska, USC, Stanford, Washington. Air Force. ****ing awesome. Awesome home games coming up in 19’. Tucker is going to get some big crowds to back him and if he can beat the pussy out of this team maybe we can slap some of teams in the mouth. It helps all the best teams are at home pretty much. Going to be a fun season for games.

My son's graduation is supposed to be sometime in September in Phoenix. It would be awesome if it was the weekend of the 21st.

Team's going to have to become more physical with a good recruiting class for depth. 3 physical rivalry type games to start, 3 most physical Pac-12 teams to finish. Very thankful for the 2 bye weeks with that schedule.

We've clearly been the better team against CSU for the last.......three years? I would expect the Nubs to be a similar game to the one we saw this past September. Air Force? I think it'll be cool to play them, and I think Coach Tucker will know how to prepare us for the option given he's dealt with Paul Johnson for the last three years-but let's not call that a rivalry game. I think both sides are looking forward to it, but 9/15/19 will be the first time we've played Air Force in football in my lifetime.

We've clearly been the better team against CSU for the last.......three years? I would expect the Nubs to be a similar game to the one we saw this past September. Air Force? I think it'll be cool to play them, and I think Coach Tucker will know how to prepare us for the option given he's dealt with Paul Johnson for the last three years-but let's not call that a rivalry game. I think both sides are looking forward to it, but 9/15/19 will be the first time we've played Air Force in football in my lifetime.

That Air Force game worries the sh*t out of me. They are always tough, disciplined and well coached. It is going to take time for any coach to get his feet under him and that is a bad matchup during that time.

That Air Force game worries the sh*t out of me. They are always tough, disciplined and well coached. It is going to take time for any coach to get his feet under him and that is a bad matchup during that time.

Me too-but let's not use the term rival to describe them. I would think that's an offense you start preparing for in the spring TBH.

Good thing we have a HC who has been shutting down GA Tech the past 3 years as UGA's DC.

Yes I agree. No question we got the right guy. But even if he knows how to stop the option, which I assume he does, there is still an acclimation period where players and coaches have a tough time getting on the same page. This game seems to fall right in the middle of that period.

Plus we're 1-8 in our last 9 P12 road games.

Mike MacIntyre was 1-8 in our last 9 P12 road games. Mel Tucker's team will not be the same as MM's, I think we can be assured of that. I would expect a much tougher team right off the bat.

My take on the first five games:

1. CSU: The Rams should be better next season and at the same time, we should beat CSU period. I believe CU is past the point of having to worry about whether they are good enough to beat CSU. I expect CU to win this one.

2. Nebraska: I expect CU to win this one. There is going to be attrition this offseason for the Cornhuskers and they could end up being a young team. I think they will be real good in 2020. Some say the second year is the toughest when it comes to coaching transitions.

3. Air Force: Just like with CSU, we should be done with losing to G5 teams and I expect CU to win this one.

4. At ASU: I haven't broken down the ASU roster but like with Nebraska, there should be attrition and I'm going to be curious who the QB will be. I don't blame anyone for being skeptical about a win in Tempe. This would be a perfect way for HCMT to have a statement win in his first Pac-12 road game.

5. Arizona: I expect CU to win this one.

4-1 start at the minimum and it would be awesome with a 5-0 start.

4. At ASU: I haven't broken down the ASU roster but like with Nebraska, there should be attrition and I'm going to be curious who the QB will be. I don't blame anyone for being skeptical about a win in Tempe. This would be a perfect way for HCMT to have a statement win in his first Pac-12 road game.

ASU doesn't lose much from a numbers standpoint, but those that they do lose were pretty good. Their LT, RT and Nose are gone and were all pretty solid guys. N'Keal Harry obviously is a 1st round WR. Then Manny was a solid 3 year starter who didn't make many mistakes. There are also two DB's who started some that are out of eligibility and Harvey was pretty good, but they're not irreplaceable by any means.

On the flipside, Benjamin is still there, they played up to 8 freshmen on defense, several sophomores and should be significantly better on that side of the ball. Next QB will probably be Dillon Sterling Cole, who is a nice athlete with a howitzer for an arm, but has very little experience and seems to have a tendency to throw it hard all the time, even when a 5 yard touch pass is called for.

My take on the first five games:

1. CSU: The Rams should be better next season and at the same time, we should beat CSU period. I believe CU is past the point of having to worry about whether they are good enough to beat CSU. I expect CU to win this one.

2. Nebraska: I expect CU to win this one. There is going to be attrition this offseason for the Cornhuskers and they could end up being a young team. I think they will be real good in 2020. Some say the second year is the toughest when it comes to coaching transitions.

3. Air Force: Just like with CSU, we should be done with losing to G5 teams and I expect CU to win this one.

5. Arizona: I expect CU to win this one.

4-1 start at the minimum and it would be awesome with a 5-0 start.

I feel like you made up the second year talking point and are just running with it now.

No ****, 5-0 would be an awesome start.

ASU doesn't lose much from a numbers standpoint, but those that they do lose were pretty good. Their LT, RT and Nose are gone and were all pretty solid guys. N'Keal Harry obviously is a 1st round WR. Then Manny was a solid 3 year starter who didn't make many mistakes. There are also two DB's who started some that are out of eligibility and Harvey was pretty good, but they're not irreplaceable by any means.

On the flipside, Benjamin is still there, they played up to 8 freshmen on defense, several sophomores and should be significantly better on that side of the ball. Next QB will probably be Dillon Sterling Cole, who is a nice athlete with a howitzer for an arm, but has very little experience and seems to have a tendency to throw it hard all the time, even when a 5 yard touch pass is called for.

Few would say Manny was solid. Almost universally despised by ASU fans. Even when TG was HC lots of fans couldn’t stand him Manny at QB. My feeling is the new WB (White I think?) could be a substantial upgrade.

Me too-but let's not use the term rival to describe them. I would think that's an offense you start preparing for in the spring TBH.
Can Hagan run the scout team offense if he's in a desk job in the AD?

Only partly joking...

My buddy is moving from Phoenix to LA so I will miss the asu game unfortunately but I will be at the rose bowl.

My wife and I are thinking of going to Washington state as we have never been there. We were also thinking Oregon but will going in summer so we will put that off.

May plan a Seattle trip around WSU. God knows I don’t want to spend a full weekend in Pullman.

Yeah looking forward to the stadium experience more than anything.
Hoping for a night game to get a nice day fade in. Kelly should show some serious improvement next year sonit should be a good game but not expecting anything crazy with that fan base.

Back