What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-2021 Bowl Games Thread

Lawrence looks broken.
The power of Trevor's hair continues to fade

2018-19 (Clemson, FR): Wins championship

2019-20 (Clemson, SO): Loses championship

2020-21 (Clemson, JR): Loses playoff first round

2021-22 (Jaguars): Misses playoffs ? ? ?

That said, Justin Fields might be the biggest loser last night, He may have just played his way into the Jets

the other had to be convinced to stay as OC and made the highest paid coordinator in history at another blue blood to say no.

Don't you also think part of Saban keeping Sark was Saban telling him that CU was a dead end job, though?

Tucker is the only guy since Skippy whose head coaching career didn't crash and burn when he was here, and that was because he bailed at the first possible instant.

We are not a destination job. We might have been once, but we aren't anymore, and probably never will be.

Don't you also think part of Saban keeping Sark was Saban telling him that CU was a dead end job, though?

Tucker is the only guy since Skippy whose head coaching career didn't crash and burn when he was here, and that was because he bailed at the first possible instant.

We are not a destination job. We might have been once, but we aren't anymore, and probably never will be.
No I think most of what was said was, “Ill make you the highest paid coordinator in history, we’ll win a natty and you’ll be in line for a better job”. I don’t think Saban wanted to find another OC in March, and he sold Sark on staying.

CU is a stepping stone job, not a dead end job. Win 7-9 games/year over 2-3 years and you’ll have a better program come knocking.

“Ill make you the highest paid coordinator in history, we’ll win a natty and you’ll be in line for a better job”

Add "Don't make a huge mistake" to the beginning or end of that and I bet that's exactly what Saban said.

No I think most of what was said was, “Ill make you the highest paid coordinator in history, we’ll win a natty and you’ll be in line for a better job”. I don’t think Saban wanted to find another OC in March, and he sold Sark on staying.

CU is a stepping stone job, not a dead end job. Win 7-9 games/year over 2-3 years and you’ll have a better program come knocking.
CU can be a stepping stone job but the reality is that it is not one currently. Tucker is the exception and I think he got the job at MSU based on his experience at UGA and not CU. The last coach who used CU as a stepping stone was Neu.

There was a moment last night when they showed Day on the screen and my son asked me who he is.

I explained he would have been the CU coach instead of Tucker 2 years ago if Urban hadn't suddenly retired. Then I went on to say that Alabama's OC was almost the CU coach for this year. Thinking about how close RG has come put me in such a bad mood that I stopped posting last night.
You say anything about his rosy red cheeks? I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. :D

CU can be a stepping stone job but the reality is that it is not one currently. Tucker is the exception and I think he got the job at MSU based on his experience at UGA and not CU. The last coach who used CU as a stepping stone was Neu.
Look at the quality of coach since Neu, sans Barnett (and we all know his issues), and I think that’s your answer. Again, win 7-9 games/year for a couple years in a row and you’ll get hired to away.

Look at the quality of coach since Neu, sans Barnett (and we all know his issues), and I think that’s your answer. Again, win 7-9 games/year for a couple years in a row and you’ll get hired to away.
Can also argue that CU is a bandwagon program.

Win 8-10 games two or three straight years and enough boosters will show up to make leaving a harder decision.

And I definitely think that's where Tucker had CU headed and likely even competing for South titles. The opportunity for him came up much sooner than expected but that was more a factor of Dantonio leaving at an odd time plus MT could see that he wasn't getting the support he expected from the administration.

Oregon almost has to score before half and then score on the first drive in the second.

Are you living under a rock? Dabo being a POS is extremely well documented. He's nearly universally despised at this point.
Dabo is the turd that thought it was ok to roll out with the "football matters" shirt this passed summer in the wake of the Floyd and Taylor murders. He is a 100% bonafide doosh. I can't stand tOSU but I was pulling for those bastards last night. Eff Dabo.

Oregon could have been in this if not for dumb mistakes. Not an Oregon fan but tired of the PAC 12 sucks narrative that will follow.

Can also argue that CU is a bandwagon program.

Win 8-10 games two or three straight years and enough boosters will show up to make leaving a harder decision.
We are light years away from wining 8 to 10 games, let alone for three years in a row.

Cristobal doesn’t have ‘it’. 6 years left. Better hope someone comes and takes him.

Back