What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Class Superlatives

Most underrated: Brendon Lewis (According to his uncle, "he is a beast" and 6'3". Some media folks talk like he's small.)

Biggest impact in 2020: Jordan Berry

True freshman most likely to start in 2020: Caleb Fauria

Most upside: Alvin Williams
The video of Lewis doing clean jerks had me convinced he was a beast

Underrated: Stacks
Biggest impact: Alfano (finally get to the QB)
True frosh to play: Gonzo
Upside: MLC

It's almost a guarantee that someone leaves. If Lewis wins, Lytle leaves. If Stenstrom wins, Lytle leaves. If Lytle wins, Stenstrom probably leaves. And it seems odd that you're surprised that so many people think Lewis would beat out 2 guys that this staff and the last did not feel comfortable running the offense even in garbage time.
I hope you are right! I may still be stuck in the past. The last two years, true freshmen QBs across the country have really performed well at elite programs. I’m still concerned that that may be exception and not the rule. We just can’t afford to get down to two scholly QBs.

The trend is to carry more QBs not less. Particularly with DTQBs.

As an example, last year ASU signed three scholarship QBS In just the 2019 class This year Oregon and OSU signed two. Utah and ****bailor carry 7 and 8 on the roster 6 I believe on scholly.

To me it’s the only real giant hole on the roster. I did hear MT say he is not in the Portal for a grad transfer QB. I’m not sure how he can’t be.

Real time EDIT: On the other hand, Fontenot, Clayton and WR Corp running FT Wildcat might be fun Find a DUal threat Tannehill

Yet we haven’t seen that Stenstrom can be a dual threat QB since “passing” is the other half of “dual”.
Very true. I just dont know if Lytle has the wheels. We also dont know if Stenstrom has the arm. I think Lewis might get the nod.

Carpenter is an interesting pick. I think he could be special as a returner.
Agreed, I'm definitely excited to see what he can do returning kicks. Fell in love with his film. He doesn't talk to the media much, so he's kind of flown under the radar.

Agreed, I'm definitely excited to see what he can do returning kicks. Fell in love with his film. He doesn't talk to the media much, so he's kind of flown under the radar.
It says a lot about his skill set that HCMT was willing to make an exception here on his size standards.

Most underrated: Wray. (I think he’s ready for the 2-deep right away)

Biggest impact in 2020: Frosh: Lewis. JC: Thomas. Transfer: Alfano. (All three are going to play a lot)

True freshman most likely to start in 2020: Lewis (Day 1 starter)

Most upside: Harris (If he signs). Otherwise it’s Lichtenhan.

Back