What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

That puts them at 11/14 if they start on Monday, which doesn't seem likely, and you consider game week part of "camp". Sounds like they are going to get 6-7 weeks. Not ideal, but neither is anything about 2020, especially making early decisions as a conference based on erroneous information.
The conference hasn’t even voted to resume this fall. The P12 sucks anyway, so an abbreviated season next year may be a better decision.

Sounds like you need something better for tracking team schedules lol

Just happened to see this and had to wonder if you were there

I was there!

Wife and I were caught on TV, and I got home to an email from my dad saying "I can't believe you got Mags to go to a football game during a hurricane!"

I also recall that I had seats next to a very drunk cop, then living in Virginia, but from the same bumfûck town in Wisconsin that my dad came from (population ~4k). He knew my family, but that's not saying much -- everyone in that town knows everyone, and my dad's side of the family was a "good Catholic family" (dad was 1 of 10 children, grandma also had 3 miscarriages, no multiple births). I've lost count of how many cousins I have on that side (>50), but most live within a 50mi radius of that same town.

I also recall tailgating in the lot across from the horticulture center and one of the guys we were with pointed out that their automatic irrigation system was running -- we all got a laugh out of that.

That puts them at 11/14 if they start on Monday, which doesn't seem likely, and you consider game week part of "camp". Sounds like they are going to get 6-7 weeks. Not ideal, but neither is anything about 2020, especially making early decisions as a conference based on erroneous information.

It’s far different. When you’re out from surgery, 1) the vast majority of the team is still practicing AND 2) you’re undergoing significant physical therapy to get your injury rehabilitated enough to play. Eight weeks of camp will be necessary.
I'd argue it is different, but actually better. Rehab from an injury is much different than working out (much less strenuous), so most of these guys have been working out and are not returning from an injury. It can be done IMO (aside from the schools that have been unable to work out like Cal apparently).

Look, I have said on this board many times that I thought injury rates would go up whenever they played because they didn't play spring ball, but at this point, there is no way around that. Ease into physical contact over the course of the schedule, put peak physical exertion/contact at the point of having back to back two-a-days with full contact like in the fall, then taper off and get ready to play. This is absolutely the best way to get your body ready to play football*.

*given the circumstances

Last edited:
As more and more of these cancellations happen is becomes clear that the pac 12’s plan to implement daily testing that reduces the burden on contract tracing because of antigen testing was a really good move. If you haven’t read Wilner’s article on it you definitely should.

It will be interesting to see if the B1G and PAC can actually pull off a schedule with no byes (and no mass cancellations like we are seeing) because of the testing. If they can pull it off I wouldn't be shocked if the leagues all end up playing a fairly close number of games to each other. The cancellation rate right now is super high and I don't think it will stop as we get get into winter and all the flexibility teams built in is already getting eaten into, eventually there won't be flexibility left.

It will be interesting to see if the B1G and PAC can actually pull off a schedule with no byes (and no mass cancellations like we are seeing) because of the testing. If they can pull it off I wouldn't be shocked if the leagues all end up playing a fairly close number of games to each other. The cancellation rate right now is super high and I don't think it will stop as we get get into winter and all the flexibility teams built in is already getting eaten into, eventually there won't be flexibility left.
Yeah I was thinking about that last night too. If I was Larry Scott I wouldn’t even put a definite number on the amount of games that we will play. I would say we are starting this week and we will evaluate the situation as we go. Hell put out an 11 game round robin schedule and it the situation unfolds that you can play all of them then go ahead. If they have to stop at 8 because everything goes as planned in the other leagues and the CFP becomes a priority, then so be it. I wouldn’t worry about bowl games what so ever since there are no fans and the losses will be large due to no tickets being sold.

So a potential Halloween re-start? Please Larry Scott - U$C @ Boulder to start it off - Mall-Crawl back in play and it’s going to be OFF THE CHARTS! Let go! Go Buffs!!

Hate to burst your bubble but I think we're opening with Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State in some order. I think the West Coast teams would cry foul over having to open with CU, Utah, or an Arizona school because Ducey, Polis, and Herbert haven't had as tight of COVID regs as the West Coast has.

You realize that many teams in the P12 didn’t even have spring practice, right? These guys haven’t had contact or practices since last November.

Could pod scheduling for the first 3 games (ie CU would open with Utah, Arizona, and ASU in some order so the schools who have had more flexibility don't get a competitive advantage) help this?

Could pod scheduling for the first 3 games (ie CU would open with Utah, Arizona, and ASU in some order so the schools who have had more flexibility don't get a competitive advantage) help this?
I am more concerned about injury and our guys making it through the season.

Good point, unless the other 3 conferences end up going to rapid daily testing. Which I wouldn't be surprised if they do if the trend of cancelled games continues

At least one P12 coach agrees with me!
I will jump right in and say that I am recanting my previous opinion if that article is remotely true. I was under the assumption that most programs had been working out like the Buffs have been, but this article makes it seem as though several programs haven’t been doing ****. Kettle bell workouts since March? GMAFB. If that’s true for multiple programs, our conference is screwed this season.

I will jump right in and say that I am recanting my previous opinion if that article is remotely true. I was under the assumption that most programs had been working out like the Buffs have been, but this article makes it seem as though several programs haven’t been doing ****. Kettle bell workouts since March? GMAFB. If that’s true for multiple programs, our conference is screwed this season.
Bruv. I handicap this shyt for very sizeable money where I have a piece and when another person is using my picks to bet for gigantic money. We are taking the season off given the insanity of the past six months. We made this decision based upon reading report after report about schools having practices ranging from nothing to voluntary lifting and drills to full blown practices. This is not the season to handicap.

Bruv. I handicap this shyt for very sizeable money where I have a piece and when another person is using my picks to bet for gigantic money. We are taking the season off given the insanity of the past six months. We made this decision based upon reading report after report about schools having practices ranging from nothing to voluntary lifting and drills to full blown practices. This is not the season to handicap.
I know, and I agree with all of that. My previous impression of your position was that it was simply based on practice/schedule/contact leading to start of play. As I said above, I was unaware that basic workouts had mostly been removed from the equation for several teams. If that is true, I will go so far as to say those teams will likely find it challenging to field a competitive team at all until January. Thus my statement that our conference is screwed.

Also, Joe Burrow has looked pretty damn good IMO thus far. Especially considering no preseason games. LOL teasing

Back