What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Hoops coaching carousel

They've had a very robust network since the days of Wooden. Pretty much wrote the book on it.

I'm sure they have in the past-Until I see that program under Cronin facing allegations of it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt-Playing for a guy like Cronin isn't for every 5*.

I'm sure they have in the past-Until I see that program under Cronin facing allegations of it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt-Playing for a guy like Cronin isn't for every 5*.
Fair enough.

fwiw, it was pretty recent that there was a lot of concern over changing shoe sponsors due to the AAUs they had first dibs from. UCLA's struggles in recent years are closely linked to switching from Adidas to UA. They hired Cronin from a UA school, which is common with coaching hires to stay in your shoe contract family. Of note, UCLA just switched to Nike & their recruiting is turning elite again.

Fair enough.

fwiw, it was pretty recent that there was a lot of concern over changing shoe sponsors due to the AAUs they had first dibs from. UCLA's struggles in recent years are closely linked to switching from Adidas to UA. They hired Cronin from a UA school, which is common with coaching hires to stay in your shoe contract family. Of note, UCLA just switched to Nike & their recruiting is turning elite again.

I think hiring Steve Alford might be part of it as well-he's an idiot.

Gonzaga’s assistant looks like a solid choice.

Damon Stoudemire’s name was brought up but it appears he has been mediocre to bad at Pacific

Gonzaga’s assistant looks like a solid choice.

Damon Stoudemire’s name was brought up but it appears he has been mediocre to bad at Pacific

Tommy Lloyd is that guy's name-He's young (46 iirc), from the PNW (grew up a couple hours south of Seattle), and is really well connected in Europe. He seems like he's well-connected enough and content enough at Gonzaga to where he doesn't need to jump at a situation like Arizona unless he's 100% comfortable with it from what I know about him. This is a total guess-but I think he's gonna pass on UA and probably land at Washington (Mike Hopkins has easily the hottest seat in the conference right now barring the NCAA coming down on USC) in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
Not saying they're wrong, but that's a fan site and nothing official. Not seeing anything anywhere else on that.

Not saying they're wrong, but that's a fan site and nothing official. Not seeing anything anywhere else on that.

They're interviewing Miles Simon today. I'd be shocked if their hire isn't in their family. Knowing how to cheat is a prerequisite to coach at a #APayersProgram.

It looks like Antigua will leave Illinois to become a $2 million assistant at Kentucky.
Interesting he pretty much just recruited Illinois whole roster with Puerto Rican players. Wonder if they stick. Andre curbelo, Ramses Melendez, Alfonso Plummer

Back