What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Not 100% sure on this one since I don't see an offer tweet in his account, but per the below the Buffs may have offered this 2021 PG from Warrenton Virginia. (The student-athlete did retweet the below.)

6'4" combo guard from Kansas City Kansas (247 lists him currently at the IMG Acadamy in Bradenton Florida). (Rivals has Kansas as his most likely college choice.)

Note- he looks to have 2 HUDL pages-

Thanks for the updates as always man. This one is really odd though. He seems to favor a few schools - UCLA, KU, Louisville, nebraska, and Gonzaga are listed as warm in his 247. Regardless, many schools have been on him on for some time, and it's odd that we're just jumping in now. Some other schools have recently offered too, but they have larger profiles, such as UNC, and their offer alone could make an impact. With all that said, hopefully this shot at getting him is due to some inside connection (pure speculation/completely out of my ass: Manning as assistant is happening, and he knows Sallis' mother, as they're about the same age and were both national HS recruits??). I don't quite get connecting the dots right now. Anyway though, here's a cool article about Sallis.

With Lovering and Allen committed we're ranked 6th in the nation for the '21 recruiting class. This class has the potential to be one of the best ever for Buffs basketball if we can land a couple of our remaining targets.

Rankings.png
rankings2.jpg

Last edited:
(Apologies in advance if this has been noted somewhere in the bball forum.)

As was noted in his football recruiting thread (https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/21-or-qb-drew-carter-verbal-to-colorado.144558/page-2), just committed 6'3" QB Drew Carter also had received interest from Coach Boyle. Therefore, I did want to mention that, per the below article, he IS planning on also playing bball with the Buffs (after football season ends).

So, wanted to add welcome and congrats to him in this thread for his also joining the hoops team!

Direct link to article - https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiti...olive_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

"
“I had a chance to visit and I was blown away by Colorado,” Carter said. “Colorado football coaches reached out and put me in contact with (basketball) coach (Tad) Boyle. We had some great conversations and he said he would love to have me as well."

Of course, juggling that scheduled won’t be easy - even if the rules regarding his scholarship are mapped out.

“As many don’t know football scholarships supersede any other offers you would get from the same university,” Carter explained. “So I will play football and then join basketball when football season is over. Both Coach (Karl) Dorrell and Coach Boyle have said they will figure out all of the details.”
"

His HUDL page (includes both football and basketball highlights)-

An article after he was named All-State after this past (abbreviated) high school season - https://pamplinmedia.com/ttt/92-spo...ods-jamison-guerra-named-first-team-all-state
(Included in that article -
"...
Carter, a 6-foot-3 junior wing who was previously named Three Rivers League Player of the Year, earned his first-team spot by averaging 24.4 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists a game, in addition to sporting a 3.8 grade-point average....

"Drew is obviously a great player but what I'm most proud of is that he's an even better person," said Tigard boys basketball coach Shawn Alderman. "A lot of people get to see his talents on the football field and basketball court, but I'm blessed to see, on a daily basis, his talents in our classrooms, hallways, and in our community."
")

The Buffs (at some point) look to be 1 of 7 Pac 12 teams and 1 of 11 overall who have offered this 6'2" CG (per 247, PG per HUDL) from West Hills, California who looks to be planning on announcing his commitment tomorrow. (247 has the Buffs, Arizona, USC and Loyola Marymount as the 4 schools that are "warm" in interest. 247 has him as the #7 CG in the nation in both their and their composite rankings, and they have him as the #6 player overall in California for his class.)

HS stats - https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kenneth-simpson-jr/z1mDiqorEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/basketball/stats.htm

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Are there 2 more spots in this class?

Kin, Schwartz, Walton, Horne, Strating, and Maddox are Seniors.

There is definitely one more, and it's been reported that Tad held on to that spot for Spring evaluations. You're right though that there could be 2 more if Dallas leaves, but he is expected to get another year due to missing all of his sophomore year due to injury.

Mentioned it in Ruffin's thread but it bears repeating: CU is up to the 13th overall in 2021's class rankings and just barely behind USC for the top class in the conference despite having 1 fewer commitment. With one more scholarship still open, we could potentially move even higher.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Impossible
The 5 star was on opposition team of Alston Mason. Tad said he’s looking for his next leader. Luv that both Mason & Adama Bal seem to have great leadership qualities. Both seem great fits with elite D & leadership of ‘22 Dyson Daniels, Julian’s elite shooting, & Kee’s elite end to end speed - in future CU backcourt.

I think CU, Kansas, Kentucky, and Maryland have best chance of big minutes for TyTy- on that list- which seems to be priority for him. Plus CU likely to stay in top-25 -with Sweet-16 goals- if they find strong leadership at point to play w/ ‘Kee. Evan, Eli, Dallas likely seniors next year. Plus I could see D’Shawn coming back for 5th year; he talked about it before anyone knew if season was going to be canceled or not. But wing & front court talent & depth with Quincy, Lawson & returners is ELITE! Luv ‘Nique & Javon to pick-up scoring slack; Luke & Julian to pick-up shooting slack. Future VERY bright for CU!

Back