What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 NCAA Tourney 2nd round game thread- #5 seed Men's bball scheduled to face #4 seed Florida State (Indianapolis, Monday, 3/22, 5:45 PM MT, TBS)

I know its too soon to speculate, but did the guys hear all about the shooting before the game?
They did not look right in the head.
Hard to process anything like that

But now KU is obviously going to fire Self and then hire Tad and CU will go back to being irrelevant.

(This is a joke)
what should we call me not funny GIF

I know its too soon to speculate, but did the guys hear all about the shooting before the game?
They did not look right in the head.
Hard to process anything like that
At half, Gumbel read a statement from the team. Hard to know who wrote it or who knew.

Had a bad feeling about this one, was listening to NPR and they did a short March Madness segment and the guest said one of the highlights of the tournament was the success of the PAC compared to the low seeding all the teams received. He went on and named every team but CU, the highest ranking PAC team. Of course is NPR so the host wasn’t savvy enough to correct.

Their switching and pressure D with length was a perfect counter to our super star guard who has been the engine for 4 years in making things happen. It felt like there should have been some kind of adjustment, on the other hand I'm pretty sure Tad and staff were not caught off guard. We just didn't have answers so I agree it was a bad matchup. We did miss some open shots but most were contested. I was surprised we were still in the game for so long with everyone having subpar nights except for DaShawn, Key, and Battey somewhat.
What was our record against the 4 other Sweet16 PAC12 teams?! sigh.

It probably wasn't the deciding factor in the result, but I'm sure it didn't help.
I'm not blaming anything on that and I hope no one does.

Might have been a non-factor. If it was an emotional factor, that could have gone either way.

I just think it was a tough matchup against a really good team and our Buffs played tight after being so loose on Saturday.

4/5 Pac-12 teams in the Sweet-16. We are 7-4 against them, were the highest seed, and we're the ones going home. Wayne TINKLE goes to the Sweet-16 before Tad. There's no way to sugar coat this, this SUCKS.

4/5 Pac-12 teams in the Sweet-16. We are 7-4 against them, were the highest seed, and we're the ones going home. Wayne TINKLE goes to the Sweet-16 before Tad. There's no way to sugar coat this, this SUCKS.

It is what it is.

FWIW, I think most of us here would have much rather faced Iowa or KU than FSU.

They were definitely suffering from Deer in headlights all night?
The Shooting
The Pressure
Who Knows
Jabari was overconfident
Horne sadly hit an epic shooting drought
Walton was very ineffective
Parquet, Schwartz, Key, Daniels were decent and that is why we were within 2 points.
Bummer

He just killed us, especially tonight when Evan and Walton got into foul trouble.

I hate that that's how he ended his college career.
For sure. It was a mistake to have him play those critical minutes when we were making a run. He was jacking up shots and missing. His frustration led to the technical and foul that blew the game open when things were still in contention.

You should stop watching college basketball if that’s what you want.

I’m pretty sure I’d rather have been matched up with any other 2, 3, or 4 seed than FSU. They were just so tough of a matchup. Like, Bama would been brutally tough too, but we at least match up with them. I hope they win the whole thing.
College basketball by it's nature is going to look schizophrenic because we are dealing with young players who are not mature in their development and more importantly it is very dependent on a combination of momentum and match-ups.

We killed Georgetown because we were a terrible matchup for them and we got the momentum rolling early.

In this game FSU had the kind of athletes who were able to disrupt what we wanted to do. They were able to jump our passing lanes and they got a hand in the face of the shooters who the other night were wide open. When we started the game having a difficult time getting the ball in the hole you could see our guys getting frustrated and we never got comfortable playing our game.

Not saying the FSU is a better team than these other teams but there are a number of their teams in the round of 32 including as you state some higher seeds that would have been a much more favorable match up for the Buffs.

Hamilton is a very good basketball coach. He gets his kids to play defense and that team was ridiculously long and athletic (which caught us off guard and what we thought were routine passes ended up in tipped balls). We're in good shape. Better players coming in. Key had a great game. I could nitpick about players not wanting to take shots when they were there. Whatever. Good days are ahead.

Hamilton is a very good basketball coach. He gets his kids to play defense and that team was ridiculously long and athletic (which caught us off guard and what we thought were routine passes ended up in tipped balls). We're in good shape. Better players coming in. Key had a great game. I could nitpick about players not wanting to take shots when they were there. Whatever. Good days are ahead.
A lot of shots were passed up
A lot of drives open immediately after press was broke were passed up
Seemed we were overcoached on a few potential situations.
We were within 1 point with 11:00 remaining, with two big dogs on the bench after playing terrible, so FSU was not that much better than us! We did not give them our best game.
Just sucks
New guys ready to roll
I would be happy if Schwartz came back!

Back