What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

That's fair. I'm probably foolish in this regard, but I never go into a season assuming injuries at critical positions. I think the odds are the vast majority of starters will stay relatively healthy and play most of the season. IMO, there are only a couple positions where an injury would completely derail a potential bowl season.

QB, Tackle, and Secondary.
On avg, how many injuries have we seen in these position groups over the last 10 years? It seems like almost every year we lose 1-2 DB's, our QB misses a game or two, and we have a tackle miss time as well.

Instead of interpreting my posts based on your feelings, I invite you to take them literally (when lacking obvious indications of sarcasm). I think communications will be far more clear if you make this change.
Can you explain to me how post #556 provided an allowance for me to be both ****ing with you AND being stupid? I can only see it as a "one or the other" construct.

I'm seriously here to learn.

Right, so Lamb is likely Landman's backup in that scenario and Barnes plays the other ILB position. No matter how you slice it, those 3 and JVD are your two deep
I agree. This unit is the least of our worries right behind RBs. QB, OL, DBs are freakin' horrifying if we have ANY injuries.

And success is still likely overly reliant On Landman staying healthy. I hope it works out.
Yeah, an All American will do that to a mediocre program. I'm just saying, I feel like they have adequately addressed the LB position for 2021 in a direct response to watching the defense become a shell of itself when Landman went down.

I don't get this focus on the front seven. It's clearly the deepest and most talented it's been since 2016. The back end is a different story beyond the starting 4/5, unless the young guys surprise.

I agree. This unit is the least of our worries right behind RBs. QB, OL, DBs are freakin' horrifying if we have ANY injuries.
I think IOL is the deepest and most talented it's been in years. Tackle is scary thin unless bigbang's prognostication of Wiley being good actually comes to fruition

Can you explain to me how post #556 provided an allowance for me to be both ****ing with you AND being stupid? I can only see it as a "one or the other" construct.

I'm seriously here to learn.
the explanation is that those are independent qualities. stupidity does not exclude the possibility of the stupid person fûcking with the other.

the explanation is that those are independent qualities. stupidity does not exclude the possibility of the stupid person fûcking with the other.
Unless you use the conjunction "or" and then it can only be one of those possibilities.

Can someone please address these Mustafa Johnson rumors I am reading here on this site? I can't find anything about it anywhere, but have seen it brought up in passing in this thread multiple times now. If this were true it would be very big IMHO, but if it WERE true I would expect to hear much more about it. Can anyone explain why this is even rumored? Anyone have a link to anything that would help flesh this rumor out? Depth would be so much better if this were to somehow happen...

You created a conditional clause by preceding the alternatives with the word "either". Only one of those possibilities could be true in your construct.
I lost that context. you're correct, I did use "either ... or" which normally implies one or the other but not both. apologies.

I think IOL is the deepest and most talented it's been in years. Tackle is scary thin unless bigbang's prognostication of Wiley being good actually comes to
It won't take long to find out. If he struggles at all against UNC, we better hope to see A LOT of TE help on the right side against aTm.
SIAP but I’ve read that Wray has been dinged up in fall camp already. Chances of being fooked are rising by the day.

Texas was missing 18 players in their 2-deep including 6 captains and 3 starters on the Oline. Colorado was missing Lang, Miller, Landman, Sami, Brady Russell, Shenault and a couple other lesser contributors.

We got mudholed - who else were we missing that would have prevented that beat down? Both teams were missing players, but one team dominated. The excuses for these performances unrelated to talent is lame at this point. We got whipped because of talent, plain and simple, not injuries.
KD endorses this post.

I think IOL is the deepest and most talented it's been in years.
The way I see it is that it's not an either/or. The front seven can be the deepest and most talented in years *and* also be so thin that a few injuries turn them into a moderate sieve. I guess that's better than when we started the season at the moderate sieve point and/or where a few injuries just flat out opened the flood gates.

Is it a strength compared to where we were? Sure. Is it a strength compared to the teams in our conference/division? Well... not so much.

Tackle is scary thin unless bigbang's prognostication of Wiley being good actually comes to fruition

Similarly, if bb is right in a prognostication about a new player's ability to contribute on the field for the first time ever, we're still thin at tackle, but yeah, not "scary" thin.

The way I see it is that it's not an either/or. The front seven can be the deepest and most talented in years *and* also be so thin that a few injuries turn them into a moderate sieve. I guess that's better than when we started the season at the moderate sieve point and/or where a few injuries just flat out opened the flood gates.

Is it a strength compared to where we were? Sure. Is it a strength compared to the teams in our conference/division? Well... not so much.

Similarly, if bb is right in a prognostication about a new player's ability to contribute on the field for the first time ever, we're still thin at tackle, but yeah, not "scary" thin.
That's the spirit!

Blink 182 Reaction GIF
That's gotta be the kid having some fun. I appreciate he hit the target, but that was Uncle Rico ****.

I can't believe your not talking about Greg Brown being back? Our D was legit and was sad to see him leave.

Back