What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

booty get GIF
It’s Bread eatin’ season!

Can Brendon Lewis be close to a top half of the conference?
I think he will be one step ahead of what we saw from Jayden Daniels a few years ago. But to your question, does he need to be? I think we are going to run the ball a lot, and with the size and athleticism we have at WR, I think just being able to get it in their hands and run it when nothing is there, will be a great sign in the first half of the season.

I think he will be one step ahead of what we saw from Jayden Daniels a few years ago. But to your question, does he need to be? I think we are going to run the ball a lot, and with the size and athleticism we have at WR, I think just being able to get it in their hands and run it when nothing is there, will be a great sign in the first half of the season.

I think to be a bowl team, he really does need to be in that group.

I think he is very capable. And not that he is absolutely HAS to be top six, but he needs to close.
I can’t really disagree with you. But this team is set up to not really need to rely on superior play from its QB. Which, frankly, will probably make the kid look like a top 6 QB when it’s all said and done. I understand the criticisms that exist on this board about this team….I have voiced many myself. Here’s the way I currently see it: Depth will be our enemy this year for sure, in the miracle absence of a rash of injuries (Praying to the gods of Shannon Turley), I’m bullish.

Can Brendon Lewis be close to a top half of the conference?

In the P12 South, you have USC's Slovis, UCLA's DTR, ASU's Daniels, and Utah's Brewer who would be ahead of him. UA's QB situation is about as iffy as ours but UA has a first year coaching staff in place.

Now going to the North, I think UW's starting QB would be only a little better because Morris played four games, WSU's QB situation is iffy, OSU has Noyer but I think Lewis is better (biased view I know), UO's Brown has two surgically repaired knees, Cal has Garbers, a 5th year QB, and Stanford will have a QB eventually. Lewis compares more favorably in the North QB room.

Lewis should be close to the top half of the conference if not in the top half of the conference. This looks like the weakest P12 QB room since the Buffs joined the conference. That's what happens when the starting QBs for Alabama, Ohio State, and Georgia to begin with are from California.

Lewis will need the OL to exceed expectations to have a top-half QB season. Could happen. Probably won’t happen.

I have a lot of faith in B Lew, but I just don't see him being on the level Jayden Daniels was his first time playing in college (ignoring the Texas game last year). Daniels is/was special. I think we will see how special this year but I don't think Lewis is quite there. I hope I'm wrong. It's not a sleight on Lewis either.

In the P12 South, you have USC's Slovis, UCLA's DTR, ASU's Daniels, and Utah's Brewer who would be ahead of him. UA's QB situation is about as iffy as ours but UA has a first year coaching staff in place.

Now going to the North, I think UW's starting QB would be only a little better because Morris played four games, WSU's QB situation is iffy, OSU has Noyer but I think Lewis is better (biased view I know), UO's Brown has two surgically repaired knees, Cal has Garbers, a 5th year QB, and Stanford will have a QB eventually. Lewis compares more favorably in the North QB room.

Lewis should be close to the top half of the conference if not in the top half of the conference. This looks like the weakest P12 QB room since the Buffs joined the conference. That's what happens when the starting QBs for Alabama, Ohio State, and Georgia to begin with are from California.

You might have missed the best one in D.J. Uiagalelei at Clemson. It's insane how these programs are coming in and poaching top West Coast recruits. Imagine if those guys are starting at USC, UCLA, Stanford, CU, etc. That alone shifts the power dynamics of the conferences. If the Pac-12 schools could keep these kids home, I think we compete with the SEC.

You might have missed the best one in D.J. Uiagalelei at Clemson. It's insane how these programs are coming in and poaching top West Coast recruits. Imagine if those guys are starting at USC, UCLA, Stanford, CU, etc. That alone shifts the power dynamics of the conferences. If the Pac-12 schools could keep these kids home, I think we compete with the SEC.

Good catch...forgot about him.

I think I missed the memo where DTR is a top four QB in the South, no questions asked.

That is because of how thin the conference is at QB this season when it comes to experience.

I have a lot of faith in B Lew, but I just don't see him being on the level Jayden Daniels was his first time playing in college (ignoring the Texas game last year). Daniels is/was special. I think we will see how special this year but I don't think Lewis is quite there. I hope I'm wrong. It's not a sleight on Lewis either.
Maybe because I’ve only really watched Jayden Daniels when ASU played (lose to) the Buffs, I don’t really get the hype. Like so many CU players that were all “potential”, I just don’t see it.

Teams will load the box to stop the run. Key will be Lewis having success either throwing on the run or faking throws on the run and gaining yards with his legs. Even more key will be Lewis being smart about those runs and getting down or out of bounds and avoiding injury.

Back