What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Transfer Portal

Duncan is the greatest PF of all time - and he also played some center.

Dallas is a nice role player center at the college level who might be able to also play some PF for Wake.

I have no idea where the legend of Dallas Walton came from. As much as I've always supported him from the time he was an unknown recruit, we are talking about a guy who plays under 20 minutes a night while averaging 6 points & 3 rebounds with efficient shooting and pretty good defense. But this board acts like he's the biggest position loss to replace and that he's a future NBA guy who compares with Timmy Duncan.

I wish him well and will be a quasi Wake fan next year due to Dallas, but come on.

Dallas is a nice role player center at the college level who might be able to also play some PF for Wake.

I have no idea where the legend of Dallas Walton came from. As much as I've always supported him from the time he was an unknown recruit, we are talking about a guy who plays under 20 minutes a night while averaging 6 points & 3 rebounds with efficient shooting and pretty good defense. But this board acts like he's the biggest position loss to replace and that he's a future NBA guy who compares with Timmy Duncan.

I wish him well and will be a quasi Wake fan next year due to Dallas, but come on.
Hence what I was saying. I must have missed a message in there somewhere. :D

Prior to his knee injuries (back when he was in high school) Dallas was a special type athlete for a guy who was 7 feet tall. Sadly his knees have never cooperated and his development was very limited.

Shows a lot about his character that he has stuck with it though and continued to battle back and play to the level that his knees allow him. He could have just as easily taken a medical retirement and gotten a degree paid for without the hard work and the pain.

Also shows a lot about him that he was liked and respected by his coaches and teammates.

I doubt that Wake expects him to play a huge number of minutes or fill up a stat sheet but he will give them quality depth with some size and be a veteran leader.

Prior to his knee injuries (back when he was in high school) Dallas was a special type athlete for a guy who was 7 feet tall. Sadly his knees have never cooperated and his development was very limited.

Shows a lot about his character that he has stuck with it though and continued to battle back and play to the level that his knees allow him. He could have just as easily taken a medical retirement and gotten a degree paid for without the hard work and the pain.

Also shows a lot about him that he was liked and respected by his coaches and teammates.

I doubt that Wake expects him to play a huge number of minutes or fill up a stat sheet but he will give them quality depth with some size and be a veteran leader.
He wlll be a 26 to 30 minute a game guy at Wake. As much as I love TAD, my contention is that he has badly misused Walton. The injuries I am sure are frustrating for the staff as for Dallas.
This was a great season for the Buffs but when Schwartz Walton and Horne all decide on greener pastures. It needs to be acknowledged by the staff

the same applies to Schwartz. He didn’t progress as we would have expected. Some of that is on the players. But Tad and team share in the blame. Those seniors were not happy

He wlll be a 26 to 30 minute a game guy at Wake. As much as I love TAD, my contention is that he has badly misused Walton.

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

He wlll be a 26 to 30 minute a game guy at Wake. As much as I love TAD, my contention is that he has badly misused Walton. The injuries I am sure are frustrating for the staff as for Dallas.
This was a great season for the Buffs but when Schwartz Walton and Horne all decide on greener pastures. It needs to be acknowledged by the staff

the same applies to Schwartz. He didn’t progress as we would have expected. Some of that is on the players. But Tad and team share in the blame. Those seniors were not happy
Or, hear me out, because of the COVID free year, Tad had to let them go, because, in a normal year, they would have been gone anyway. Tad really didn’t have much choice.

That's a bad take.
I'm sure Tad told them that they could stay, but their minutes would be diminished immensely.
Do you expect Tad to overlook all his young players, the future, who he recruited with promises of playing time?
Yea, let's leave those guys on the bench for a year and let them get them frustrated and transfer.
I loved this team and wish all those guys the best, but Tad is building something here and can't risk losing momentum by having a few freshmen transfer because he's holding onto the past.
It's best for everyone. The seniors get more PT at their new school. They also get another year of grad school if they want it.
I doubt any of them have a bad taste in their mouth and I haven't heard anything negative other than from the uninformed fans.

I’m the first to admit I’m not a basketball expert, but from my layman’s point of view I thought Tad used Walton perfectly by getting him in the game in the beginning and absorbing some cheap fouls that Battey would sometimes get. In essence, he used Walton to protect Battey from getting into early foul trouble (and when he did, CU typically lost the game).

Duncan is one the greatest PF of all time.

10d5c7ca869dd876aed4aeb19a083ec0.jpg
Completely off base on every aspect of your post.

FOH with this joke of a post. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

leave GIF by Desus & Mero

Ouch... I mean not really untrue, but I think Winston is probably better than you realize.

Easy there-North Carolina's the state where I saw some idiot put white powder (let's assume it wasn't sugar) in his gas tank.

I love Dallas as a Buff but this is wrong on multiple counts.

His knees probably won't let him play that many minutes, especially in a complete season. Keep in mind that this season included a significantly shortened OOC schedule and some breaks in season from opponents with Covid protocol cancellations. Even with that you could see times when Dallas looked like his knees were stiff or bothering him.

He is also limited in terms of his mobility, especially on the defensive end. There are some PFs in the ACC who will eat his lunch because of his troubles with getting back and forth from the paint to the perimeter to the paint.

By starting him Tad could make sure that he got as loose as he could be, contribute some solid minutes, then allow Horne to come in who while not as tall and not a great defender either provided some offensive punch with other second unit guys in.

As mentioned above all three of the guys you mentioned have been recruited over. If they were to stay their minutes would be reduced further.

And often times players don't develop as you would want or expect, that is part of college basketball. Taking a quick look at the recruiting rankings of the guys that Tad has put into the NBA in recent years dispels any questions about Tad and his staff developing players

His knees probably won't let him play that many minutes, especially in a complete season. Keep in mind that this season included a significantly shortened OOC schedule and some breaks in season from opponents with Covid protocol cancellations. Even with that you could see times when Dallas looked like his knees were stiff or bothering him.

He is also limited in terms of his mobility, especially on the defensive end. There are some PFs in the ACC who will eat his lunch because of his troubles with getting back and forth from the paint to the perimeter to the paint.

By starting him Tad could make sure that he got as loose as he could be, contribute some solid minutes, then allow Horne to come in who while not as tall and not a great defender either provided some offensive punch with other second unit guys in.

As mentioned above all three of the guys you mentioned have been recruited over. If they were to stay their minutes would be reduced further.

And often times players don't develop as you would want or expect, that is part of college basketball. Taking a quick look at the recruiting rankings of the guys that Tad has put into the NBA in recent years dispels any questions about Tad and his staff developing players
I wouldn't say Schwartz has been recruited over. It's more of a him staying would eat into developmental minutes for a guy like Allen, whom I think we all agree has the ability to be a better player than Schwartz.

He MIGHT be a beer player than Allen right now, but there's no sense in keeping Schwartz around if it stifles development of younger guys.

You all make legitimate points. The last two recruiting classes are fantasitc. And I am to close to the DW and DS situation to be unbiased. But we lost a ton of leadership.

starting 5 next year
Allen
Bart
Eli
Jabari
PG TBD

bench
Lovering
Da Silva
OBrien maybe

You all make legitimate points. The last two recruiting classes are fantasitc. And I am to close to the DW and DS situation to be unbiased. But we lost a ton of leadership.

starting 5 next year
Allen
Bart
Eli
Jabari
PG TBD

bench
Lovering
Da Silva
OBrien maybe
You missed Evan. He's very likely a starter, which pushes Kee to 6th man or winning the PG1 job. Otherwise I'm with you. Only thing is I won't discount the possibility of someone making a big frosh to soph jump or someone surprising as a first year guy.

starting 5 next year
Allen
Bart
Eli
Jabari
PG TBD

bench
Lovering
Da Silva
OBrien maybe
Ruffin is going to play.

Would keeping Schwartz, Walton, and Horne around another year help us win more games next season? Yeah, probably, but one year isn't worth mortgaging the future on. Tad builds programs, not teams for one run.

Ruffin is going to be a real shock if he plays with that knee injury he told Adam about. Which sucks he was the one I thought most likely to contribute at pg
NM - I missed the surgery part of that article. Dang.

Edit: 6-8 months from beginning April would put him at a schedule in line with the season, potentially being good to go or not really ready for this year, depending on how things go I suppose. I was looking forward to him playing the 1 some of the time (along with Eli Parquet) if we failed to get a transfer.

Last edited:
Luv Transfers/recruits connected to CU:
Current offer-Adama Bal, TyTy Washington. Previous offers- KJ Simpson, Tamar Bates.
Mason Faulkner-Senior- scoring, Rbd, D, passing-type guard they seem to b hot 4!
Luv 2 sophomores:1) Darrion Trammel, smaller, but walking bucket. 2) DJ Horne, maybe best long-term fit with Kee?
Noah Locke- Jr- lots of interest for pure shooter, who may want chance 4 on-ball?
Filip Rebraca- Luv big’s fit on O; but may move Tristan to more 3 & Luke more 2?

Back