What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

Would we want Chryst?

We always talk about similarish programs and Wisconsin is usually mentioned

He has clearly won, but was trending down

He'd be hard nosed and all that fun stuff. Wisconsin regularly outperforms their recruiting

He's owed $16 million in a buyout

Take the money and go lie on a beach or get mentally and physically destroyed coaching CU?

Tough choice 😂

It may not happen this year, but Nick Saban is 70 and one of these days will decide he has nothing left to prove and will retire. When that day comes, I don’t think I want my team to be looking for a coach during that year’s carousel,

Feldman pretty much has the same names for ASU as he does for CU with a few differences (list Jonathan Smith as an ASU candidate, which I don't buy, along with Bill O'Brien)

I asked earlier with no response. Does everyone believe that ASU is about to get sanctions against them ?
Does this help CU out on a few names that might want to not have to deal with that right off the bat?

I asked earlier with no response. Does everyone believe that ASU is about to get sanctions against them ?
Does this help CU out on a few names that might want to not have to deal with that right off the bat?
these "sanctions" don't seem to have an effect on programs like in the past

Elaborate
I think that opening creates a huge cascade effect of big names moving around and programs like CU would be forced to wait until all the dust settles to sift through the leftovers. It also creates chaos in the assistant coach market making it hard for non-blue bloods to assemble a staff. Maybe Alabama turns to an assistant in-house and it’s not a huge disruption, but imagine the dominoes if Alabama hires Dabo or Kirby or someone like that and the fallout afterwards.

I think that opening creates a huge cascade effect of big names moving around and programs like CU would be forced to wait until all the dust settles to sift through the leftovers. It also creates chaos in the assistant coach market making it hard for non-blue bloods to assemble a staff. Maybe Alabama turns to an assistant in-house and it’s not a huge disruption, but imagine the dominoes if Alabama hires Dabo or Kirby or someone like that and the fallout afterwards.
It could have an effect, but we also saw 5 blue blood openings last year in USC, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, LSU and Florida all open up last year and there wasn't that big of a ripple effect that would have impacted CU had the job been open.

It could have an effect, but we also saw 5 blue blood openings last year in USC, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, LSU and Florida all open up last year and there wasn't that big of a ripple effect that would have impacted CU had the job been open.
You don’t think so? So many agents and coaches positioning themselves for a better gig or a big raise and assistants moving around, I would think that noise would make CU’s job more difficult but maybe I’m wrong.

While I like the idea of swinging for the fences a la Tom Herman, CU is not going to be looking in the same pool of candidates as the blue bloods. Realistically, CU will have to look for a solid lower tier HC (Blake Anderson leaps to mind) or a Coordinator.

Back